Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2019, 01:55 PM   #121
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

The worst thing about online dating was/is not knowing what you were going to get until you meet someone, I would go on dates with women who's profile and the few messages you exchange had no bearing on reality, you realise over coffee they were barely out of or not even out of a marriage, they still had kids at home or didn't have a home, some were clearly as mad as box of frogs.

So for the first time in life as a guy it put me in the situation of how do you gracefully turn some one down? I hate that part more than anything else, I don't want to upset anyone so I had to come up with a complete line of bull to explain why I didn't want to meet again, as a foster parent it was easy to say I had a really difficult kid move in and I couldn't possibly be going out and was putting my dating plans on hold for a while.

That's why the ghosting happens though, its morally wrong but just easier than telling someone you aren't interested in them.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote