Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2015, 01:57 PM   #241
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Did you hear about the woman that left her paraplegic son out in the woods for a few days while she visited her boyfriend, armed only with a bible.
The story you linked to is actually worse -- her son is a quadriplegic. A paraplegic is bad enough, but at least might have a shot. A quadriplegic, this should be attempted murder.
OutOfTheCube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:20 PM   #242
carbonrod
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator75 View Post
I am not so sure that driver is stable enough to be allowed to continue driving.
carbonrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:50 PM   #243
TapeToTape
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDuke View Post
People like this should be forced to sit on the floor.

You post this in the I don't want to live on this planet anymore thread? It doesn't seem that bad. There's even an empty seat by her feet. The people standing don't seem too concerned. Most of the time on the train a few people stand so that they don't have to sit next to another person.

Money As Debt
Money Masters
Positive Money TedX talk
TapeToTape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:19 AM   #244
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapeToTape View Post
You post this in the I don't want to live on this planet anymore thread? It doesn't seem that bad. There's even an empty seat by her feet. The people standing don't seem too concerned. Most of the time on the train a few people stand so that they don't have to sit next to another person.
You're right. What was I thinking?
I'm sure many people would jump at the chance to sit next to her feet.
JonDuke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JonDuke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2015, 08:34 AM   #245
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Someone should throw her shoes into "mind the gap" during a stop.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:16 AM   #246
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Not saying it excuses her lying down, but is she pregnant?

That could add a fair amount of context to the photo.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:23 AM   #247
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post

Proper etiquette precludes asking a stranger that question.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2015, 10:25 AM   #248
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Context of the photo would help. Was the train moving or was it stopped stuck somewhere for an hour with people trying to pass the time.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:30 PM   #249
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

omg, she's giving birth.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:34 PM   #250
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
omg, she's giving birth.
It was like a tunnel going in, and a tunnel coming out

cKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:52 PM   #251
TapeToTape
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:

Or has a back problem. If this kind of thing makes someone question life on this planet, then their life must be pretty traumatic on moment to moment basis from people acting in slightly selfish ways.

Money As Debt
Money Masters
Positive Money TedX talk
Old 04-20-2015, 05:03 PM   #252
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Hmmm. I didn't relize this thread title was meant to be taken literally. I think I will exit now.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
Fighting Banana Slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 05:52 PM   #253
TapeToTape
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Banana Slug View Post
Hmmm. I didn't relize this thread title was meant to be taken literally. I think I will exit now.
Yeah, okay. Oops. I started reading at page 3 which included pretty heavy stuff.

Money As Debt
Money Masters
Positive Money TedX talk
Old 04-22-2015, 12:35 PM   #254
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://boingboing.net/2015/04/22/wel...Boing+Boing%29

Quote:
The 23-year-old Australian lied about having terminal brain cancer, and profited from her completely fictional story via her "natural wellness" app, The Whole Pantry. On her blog, she claims she cured her terminal brain cancer by avoiding gluten and sugar. Shocking, I know, but: this is not how cancer works.

Last month, Gibson failed to donate the $300K she promised from app sales of to charity. Friends had begun to question whether the cancer diagnosis might be made up. Police in Victoria said they would not pursue criminal charges against Gibson, but the internet seems ready to.
But...but...Big Pharma!
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:23 PM   #255
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

I brought my 3 y/o son to the park the other day while my wife had an appointment. It was a nice day out so we went for a walk on the beach, played on the rocks near the river, threw some rocks into the rapids, then went to the playground. After sliding on the slides and being told not to eat sand half a hundred times, he decided he wanted to go on the swings. He still hasn't mastered the art of balance, so using the big boy swing is out of the question unless I want to send him sailing into the noon day sky. So into the toddler swing he goes. I love to play around with my kid, so as he is swinging I pretend he kicks me and fall over, only to get up quickly before he swings back. He's loving every minute of it. Laughing and giggling like crazy.

Anyways, as we were laughing and carrying on and having a time, a group (6 or 7 maybe?) of teenagers moved in to use the big boy swings next to us. Now, I'm 26 years old, and I've always been a little socially anxious, but I didn't give a crap that day, because my little guy was having a blast. I just carried on being ridiculous, pretending they weren't there. After a few minutes, I overheard on of the snot nosed punks ask a few of the other snot nosed punks "Do you think that kid is ######ed? What's wrong with him?" and one of the other kids replied "Look at the guy. He's ######ed too. It's probably ######s in the Park day or something." I was livid. I started to formulate a response without screaming at these kids, or without physically assaulting them. Before I could say or do anything, one of the pretty girls the snot nosed punk was putting the moves on stepped up and chewed the kid out. She said he is a normal little boy having fun with his daddy who is trying to make his little boy giggle. She turned around, grabber her purse, and walked over to me and my son. She apologized for the behavior of her comrades and said my little guy was the cutest little boy she has seen in a long time and to just ignore them because I was being a great dad and that's all that matters.

Is that what youths these days do? They see a father and son having fun and laughing in public and they call them names within earshot? I don't care if they wanted to insult me. I've been called worse by better, but to a 3 y/o? Really? God bless the young lass for saying and doing what she did. If not for her I may have made the news that day, and not for my horrendous playoff "beard".

TL;DR
Curse these street youths these days.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:11 PM   #256
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
It's sad how easy it is in today's society for completely immoral people to reap riches thru peddling lies and false hope.

Food Babe.... Dr Oz... The list goes on. Naive people have never been more vulnerable.
The Fonz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Fonz For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2015, 09:50 PM   #257
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanked Trailer Fire for feel-good moment. Some kids are still being raised right.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:26 PM   #258
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Go home Quebec, you're drunk.
Quote:
An eight-year-old girl in St-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Que. was told she's no longer allowed to read books on the school bus because it poses a risk to the safety of other students.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...iver-1.3043652
JonDuke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:07 AM   #259
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Fire View Post
I brought my 3 y/o son to the park the other day while my wife had an appointment. It was a nice day out so we went for a walk on the beach, played on the rocks near the river, threw some rocks into the rapids, then went to the playground. After sliding on the slides and being told not to eat sand half a hundred times, he decided he wanted to go on the swings. He still hasn't mastered the art of balance, so using the big boy swing is out of the question unless I want to send him sailing into the noon day sky. So into the toddler swing he goes. I love to play around with my kid, so as he is swinging I pretend he kicks me and fall over, only to get up quickly before he swings back. He's loving every minute of it. Laughing and giggling like crazy.

Anyways, as we were laughing and carrying on and having a time, a group (6 or 7 maybe?) of teenagers moved in to use the big boy swings next to us. Now, I'm 26 years old, and I've always been a little socially anxious, but I didn't give a crap that day, because my little guy was having a blast. I just carried on being ridiculous, pretending they weren't there. After a few minutes, I overheard on of the snot nosed punks ask a few of the other snot nosed punks "Do you think that kid is ######ed? What's wrong with him?" and one of the other kids replied "Look at the guy. He's ######ed too. It's probably ######s in the Park day or something." I was livid. I started to formulate a response without screaming at these kids, or without physically assaulting them. Before I could say or do anything, one of the pretty girls the snot nosed punk was putting the moves on stepped up and chewed the kid out. She said he is a normal little boy having fun with his daddy who is trying to make his little boy giggle. She turned around, grabber her purse, and walked over to me and my son. She apologized for the behavior of her comrades and said my little guy was the cutest little boy she has seen in a long time and to just ignore them because I was being a great dad and that's all that matters.

Is that what youths these days do? They see a father and son having fun and laughing in public and they call them names within earshot? I don't care if they wanted to insult me. I've been called worse by better, but to a 3 y/o? Really? God bless the young lass for saying and doing what she did. If not for her I may have made the news that day, and not for my horrendous playoff "beard".

TL;DR
Curse these street youths these days.
you're a better man then me. I'd have said to my son if I had one "Junior this is how you take out the trash". Then I'd walk up and quip something clever at the first one like "###### this zit face" and then ram my forehead into his nose. Then I'd grab another jerk, with a teenage pimply face and grind his face into the sand while yelling "This will help clear those blackheads sunshine". then the third one I'd grab in a rear naked joke while gleefully yelling "This one's yours son, now punch him in the $$$$". to which my son would coolly say "Austa La Vista Testicles" and then smack him in the jublies.

Then we'd go and have ice cream and I'd say "I love you son" and he'd say "I love you dad"

At least that's how it would go in my head.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2015, 09:12 AM   #260
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I don't get why the police aren't pursuing fraud charges.

Personally in fraud cases that take advantage of the sick, or the elderly or put other people in danger (Following these garbage cures). I'm all for a return of short jail sentences with a hard labor component.

that's right, bring back rock breaking for scumbags.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote