Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2017, 09:32 PM   #541
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really like the build and quality of the console so far - I get why they wanted to promote the hybrid approach of the console but for me so far this might surpass the Vita as my favourite handheld set up.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:48 PM   #542
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

played Zelda tonight with the joy-cons loose. I think I prefer it to using the grip. Nice to have my hands further apart, and motion aiming works better.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:27 PM   #543
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Made it to the Zora city tonight, it's pretty incredible. Stumbled upon it while I was exploring trying to unlock every relatively close tower. I even managed to snag the one in Hyrule field near the castle without killing the Guardians around it. You can go a lot of places by avoiding fighting the majority of the creeps and monsters and climbing/sneaking around them. Also got a good feel for how far you can go on one glide from some of the highest peaks.

Last edited by burn_this_city; 03-06-2017 at 11:29 PM.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 06:31 AM   #544
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

If anybody has the official Nintendo case and doesn't want it anymore shoot me a PM

Nevermind

One thing to note though it that is it interesting that Nintendo got a bit of grief for it being under powered compared to the PS4/XBox One but IMO this is truly a mobile console with a neat docking system for at home use.

And if this thing can be a fully mobile PS3/360/Wii U type of powered console then I think the adoption will really pick up.

Especially if it gets some third party re-masters/bundles of PS3/Xbox 360 games.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 03-07-2017 at 09:42 AM.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:42 AM   #545
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Lol, well I got my Zelda Special Edition, but I still don't have a console to play it on. Cmon Canada Post, find my Switch!
Old 03-07-2017, 09:57 AM   #546
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Nick Wingfield of the New York Times is tweeting out that, according to the president of NOA, the Switch's Friday-Saturday sales were greater than any other Nintendo console's first two days in North America. BOTW is also the best selling non packed-in launch title in NOA's history as well.
Fastest selling Nintendo console in Europe and Japan as well.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2017, 09:58 AM   #547
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm pretty jealous of you guys that have a Switch.
Drak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:59 AM   #548
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Fastest selling Nintendo console in Europe and Japan as well.
It's going to be really interesting to see if Nintendo's "one first party title a month and a bunch of indies" strategy will pay off in sustained sales.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 10:01 AM   #549
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Thunderdome has a new challenger!

Old 03-07-2017, 10:05 AM   #550
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

It is a pretty slick little device. And the marketing is so, so much better than the Wii U. Looking forward to seeing the North America numbers.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 10:58 AM   #551
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
It is a pretty slick little device. And the marketing is so, so much better than the Wii U. Looking forward to seeing the North America numbers.
Yeah it really is a fantastic piece of hardware.

Plus by Christmas it will have Zelda, Splatoon, Mario, and Mario Kart all launched on it.

If Nintendo continues the strong marketing around the product I think they will be in line for a really strong first 10 months of release in 2017.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:01 AM   #552
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope they really expand on Mario Kart, I want more than just a port. It's a great game, but I already paid for it on Wii U, paying again for the same game is going to be tough to justify.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:10 AM   #553
steve9981
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

nm

Last edited by steve9981; 08-21-2017 at 01:16 PM.
steve9981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 11:22 AM   #554
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I hope they really expand on Mario Kart, I want more than just a port. It's a great game, but I already paid for it on Wii U, paying again for the same game is going to be tough to justify.
Well, for one, it does have a true battle mode. That's a pretty huge addition for me personally.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:18 PM   #555
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
Default Nintendo Switch Revealed October 20, 2016

I can't believe the switch doesn't have any video streaming capability? No Netflix? Isn't that kind of standard stuff these days? Regardless, I'm still going to get one eventually when I can find one- I'm just surprised.

Should be a nice compliment system to my PS4 Pro though. Love the ability to play a game like Zelda on the go
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 01:04 PM   #556
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
I can't believe the switch doesn't have any video streaming capability? No Netflix? Isn't that kind of standard stuff these days? Regardless, I'm still going to get one eventually when I can find one- I'm just surprised.
I am also surprised. I can't see many scenarios where I'd personally use it as I've got enough other devices that do that, but that's not to say others wouldn't. I hope that Nintendo will allow a few third-party media apps to be developed. Netflix, for example, would be a selling point for the Switch, and also a win for Netflix.

The store and online areas seem to be quite underdeveloped still, so I'm guessing that by the time Mario Kart drops, they'll have a bit more of that sorted out.
Jimmy Stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 01:18 PM   #557
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm hoping for Netflix, Amazon Prime, Youtube, and a browser for Plex(or a Plex app). I use my Wii U for all these things, as it is nice to cue something up on the tablet first.
Old 03-07-2017, 01:22 PM   #558
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
I am also surprised. I can't see many scenarios where I'd personally use it as I've got enough other devices that do that, but that's not to say others wouldn't. I hope that Nintendo will allow a few third-party media apps to be developed. Netflix, for example, would be a selling point for the Switch, and also a win for Netflix.

The store and online areas seem to be quite underdeveloped still, so I'm guessing that by the time Mario Kart drops, they'll have a bit more of that sorted out.

Especially with how Netflix has introduced a downloads section on some of their portable apps. With how great the screen looks on the Switch it seems like it would be a win win.
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 02:47 PM   #559
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Okay, who hasn't been able to get a Switch yet? Back up preorder of system and Zelda is here and I don't need the extra. Either I return it or hook peeps up.

Obviously no mark up (just the tax I paid).

PM me; please just tell me that you work downtown for ease of meeting up.

EDIT: Gone.

Last edited by chemgear; 03-10-2017 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Spelling
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2017, 02:56 PM   #560
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

Stock just re popped up on Amazon.ca for the 13th but when I clicked on it and went through checkout I was denied.
Drak is offline   Reply With Quote