Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-14-2017, 12:35 PM   #61
Karl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
Lou on 960 thinks that Cramarossa will be right there around opening night. Didn't say he'd make the team but inferred it.

Not the first person I've heard who has suggested the Flames are pretty high on this guy.
If it's the AHL team then:

If it's the NHL team then:

Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:38 PM   #62
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Won't argue either of those reactions. Apparently the Flames looked to trade for him previously. No guarantee he winds up on either team though.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:02 PM   #63
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
Lou on 960 thinks that Cramarossa will be right there around opening night. Didn't say he'd make the team but inferred it.

Not the first person I've heard who has suggested the Flames are pretty high on this guy.
This season's Nick Grossman, c'mon down.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:05 PM   #64
TheFlamesVan
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
This season's Nick Grossman, c'mon down.
Except he can actually skate, so if Edmonton wants to goon it up, he can go out there and take said goon off the ice for 5 minutes. Saving Ferland or someone else from doing so.
TheFlamesVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:08 PM   #65
Karl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamesVan View Post
Except he can actually skate, so if Edmonton wants to goon it up, he can go out there and take said goon off the ice for 5 minutes. Saving Ferland or someone else from doing so.
Besides being marginally better at playing hockey than Gazdic & Glass, and being a semi-competent face puncher, that's the only other thing Cramarossa is decent at.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 02:12 PM   #66
FBI
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not sure how Cramarosa is going to make the team as well as Foo, Lazar, Jankowski, Gazdic, Hamilton, Hathaway etc lol
Old 09-14-2017, 02:39 PM   #67
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just don't get the need to sign all these tough guys to PTO's or two-ways when they are fundamentally bad hockey players.

It's not like the Flames are a small or weak team at all. Giordano, Hamonic, Stone, Ferland, Tkachuk, Bennett, Brouwer, Lazar, etc. are all big bodies who can stick up for themselves. Then there's big guys on the team that won't drop the mitts, but are physically well sized and don't get pushed around (Hamilton, Jankowski, Backlund, Frolik) to name a few.

Players like Cramarossa and Gadzic, et al. are where plays go to die. No place, or need, for them on the roster.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:18 AM   #68
TheFlamesVan
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Besides being marginally better at playing hockey than Gazdic & Glass, and being a semi-competent face puncher, that's the only other thing Cramarossa is decent at.
I was going for a Grossman dig here. Not declaring Cramarossa has McDavid wheels.
TheFlamesVan is offline   Reply With Quote