Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-20-2017, 07:46 AM   #1
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:
Icon48 Monday, November 20th, 2017

Flames stars agree Ferland not getting enough credit for first-line impact

Micheal Ferland’s own boss has plenty of good things to say about the bruising forward, especially with his performances of late.
But this comment from one of Glen Gulutzan’s behind-the-bench brethren is perhaps more telling.
“I had a coach from another team say to me about Ferly: ‘I didn’t realize how skilled he is and how fast he is,’ ” the Calgary Flames skipper revealed, nodding his head in agreement. “So then combine that with the fact that he’s tough … He’s legitimate tough, and he can hit hard and he hits clean. I mean … he hits haaarrrd. He has all those attributes.

Flames GM Treliving on Tkachuk’s suspension: ‘I couldn’t disagree with it more’

“The issue from the other night, I disagree with it. I don’t think there should be any suspension,” said Flames general manager Brad Treliving, reacting to Tkachuk’s one-game banishment for his role in Wednesday’s third-period melee in Detroit.
“We have seen unsportsmanlike acts in the league — if that’s what we’re calling it, an unsportsmanlike act — that were far greater than what Matthew did penalized far less than what Matthew was penalized …

GameDay: Flames at Capitals

Although their recent travels haven’t been especially fruitful, the Capitals have won five in a row in their home rink. They extended that run with Saturday’s 3-1 victory over the Minnesota Wild at Capital One Arena, with forwards Evgeny Kuznetsov and TJ Oshie each contributing a goal and an assist and star goalie Braden Holtby fooled only once on 31 shots. The Flames are 5-3-0 on the road this season.
Kansas City Mavericks Look to Stay Hot

Tyler Parsons also looks to continue his hot streak of late. Parsons has been as good as it gets in his last two starts with a 34-save performance against Tulsa and a 38-save showing against the Thunder to back it up. Parsons is beginning to show why he is the number one prospect in the Flames’ organization.
Amidst tight standings, Flames in a good position

As the NHL approaches the quartermark of the 2017-18 season, it’s probably worth noting that the standings are still rather packed.
The Flames, for example, currently have a 10-8-0 record – just barely above .500, but also, in a playoff spot. Their 20 points match four other teams in the Western Conference – San Jose, Minnesota, Chicago, and Vancouver – with three teams with 19 points (Colorado, Anaheim, Dallas) right behind them.
As things stand right now, it’s still pretty much anybody’s chance at the postseason.
Around The Pacific: The Oilers are sliding into oblivion

Have they broken out of it yet? Nope. The Oilers gave a bit of tease last week when they hammered the Vegas Golden Knights 8-2, but then we remembered that they’re an expansion team using a fourth-string goalie. Edmonton went on to lose to the St. Louis Blues and Dallas Stars to go 1-2 on the week.
The Oilers now sit as close to the basement-dwelling Coyotes as they do to a playoff spot. Generally, if you’re out of it before American Thanksgiving, you don’t get back into it by playoff time. The clock is ticking for the Oilers.
Can Hamonic Turn Things Around for Flames?

On the second day of the 2017 National Hockey League entry draft, Calgary Flames general manager Brad Treliving made a big splash when he spent big to acquire Travis Hamonic from the New York Islanders. In an effort to solidify his club’s top two defensive pairings, Treliving sent a first round selection in 2018 and second round selections in 2018 and one of 2019 or 2020 to the Islanders for Hamonic.

Calgary Stampeders win West Final

The touchdown rabbit made its final appearance with two touchdowns in the first minute of Sunday’s game at McMahon Stadium.
The Edmonton Eskimos opened the scoring with a touchdown from CJ Gable with just over eight minutes left in the first quarter.
Derel Walker had Edmonton’s second touchdown also in the first, making it 14-0 Eskimos.
The Calgary Stampeders accelerated the momentum minutes into the second quarter as Dan Federkiel picked up 16 yards and Marquay McDaniel finished the drive in the end zone and it was 14-7 Edmonton.

Maas’ mistake sinks Eskimos’ Grey Cup dreams as Stampeders move on

It was, alas, a dumb call. Maas-ively dumb—there is just no other way to describe a 32-28 loss.
It was the call that turned a Western Final classic into a Western Final “Whaaa…??” Sunday afternoon at McMahon Stadium, with the Calgary Stampeders predictably running the Edmonton Eskimos out of time after head coach Jason Maas’ decision to kick a 20-yard field goal while down by seven points with minutes to play.
“I thought it was a classic,” said Stampeders head coach Dave Dickenson of the game, his team en route to its second consecutive Grey Cup game, this time against the Toronto Argonauts. “It’s always classic when you win though.”
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 11:34 AM   #2
handgroen
First Line Centre

Exp:

Love these cheese much thanks

is your cat doing singing?
handgroen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to handgroen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2017, 11:57 AM   #3
PugnaciousIntern
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
“The issue from the other night, I disagree with it. I don’t think there should be any suspension,” said Flames general manager Brad Treliving, reacting to Tkachuk’s one-game banishment for his role in Wednesday’s third-period melee in Detroit.
“We have seen unsportsmanlike acts in the league — if that’s what we’re calling it, an unsportsmanlike act — that were far greater than what Matthew did penalized far less than what Matthew was penalize
Yup. Corey Perry would not play another game in the NHL if that was the standard.
PugnaciousIntern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 12:20 PM   #4
locsofblu
First Line Centre

Exp:

10-8??????
locsofblu is offline   Reply With Quote