Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 01:22 PM   #3961
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

I really doubt they'd spend that much to get Hamonic only to trade him a couple months into the season. He's just going to get better as the season goes along. And they just signed Stone this summer and he's played ok.

I don't know about the blueline rumor. If it is indeed true, it could be part of a bigger deal. Buffalo just doesn't seem like the best fit for a trading partner, but who knows.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:25 PM   #3962
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Something that might work is with Columbus. They have a log jam on the wing and shoddy RD depth.

Josh Anderson is an interesting player in Columbus. Late blooming RW, hits, scores goals. Right now he's in a time share with Bjorkstrand who CBJ is likely much higher on.

Wennberg has taken a big step back this year, wonder if his name is floating around.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:28 PM   #3963
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
I really doubt they'd spend that much to get Hamonic only to trade him a couple months into the season. He's just going to get better as the season goes along. And they just signed Stone this summer and he's played ok.

I don't know about the blueline rumor. If it is indeed true, it could be part of a bigger deal. Buffalo just doesn't seem like the best fit for a trading partner, but who knows.
Hamonic has been very disappointing so far. It might be the right move to move him while he still has good value.

There's no saying he will get better, infact his recent body of work suggests he might get worse. Injuries could have really changed him as a player and maybe he just isn't a top four D anymore. If you can still get top four value for him then you should take a hard look.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:32 PM   #3964
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Leave the roster alone, it is fine.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2017, 01:35 PM   #3965
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

If we're trading Brodie I would expect it to be for a very good top six, arguably top three forward. I think a minor trade to bolster the third or fourth line is more likely at this point.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:48 PM   #3966
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brodie plays a solid game with stone, and gio makes anyone he plays with look like a rock star.

If Andersson can handle third pairing duty, floating hamilton would let you trade for practically any player in the league minus about a dozen.

Just throwing that out there. (I mean, Columbus has dubois.... and are win now)

Not really speculation as much as mind wandering.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:47 PM   #3967
Hockey-and_stuff
First Line Centre

Exp:

Last night was the first game I've really been impressed with Hamonic. There was a particular sequence late in the third where he just manhandled his man and didn't let him anywhere near the crease.

If he is rounding into form then I want to see more of that. It felt good to have that physical, beat the other team up defenseman again.

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockey-and_stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2017, 03:07 PM   #3968
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

OEL to Toronto for Marner or Nylander was shot down earlier in this thread; Dreger discussing Shea Weber to the Leafs

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/are-ekma...he-sky~1267236
Old 11-21-2017, 03:36 PM   #3969
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
We're an injury away from dressing Bartkowski for a week - anything longer and it'd be Andersson time.

Makes no sense to spend assets to improve the 3rd pairing.
I mean I could see it being something like Brouwer for Bogosian or one of our waiver fodder forwards for a waiver fodder d-man
Old 11-21-2017, 03:53 PM   #3970
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
Treliving was also at the columbus-montreal game, so it's conceivable that he is interested in elements of both the sabres and blue jackets teams, as he scouted them both twice now.

What is the common denominator between what might be available on those two teams? Or what might both teams want that calgary would be willing to give up?
I felt he went to the Buffalo-Hurricanes game because he was in Toronto for the GM meetings and Buffalo was a quick drive to see a game. When he stayed for the 2nd game it less me to believe there could be trade talks with the Sabres.

I could see the Jackets as a team we could deal with. They are looking for a centre. We have a few guys that can play the position that could be had in a trade.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:12 PM   #3971
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post

I could see the Jackets as a team we could deal with. They are looking for a centre. We have a few guys that can play the position that could be had in a trade.
I don't see the match there, Columbus is looking to deal a D man for C help. We don't need D.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:39 PM   #3972
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

TSN Insider trading:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/insider-...ympics~1267269

Summary:

Owners in the CHL are worried about releasing their players to both the WJC and Olympics claiming it would burn players out. Would prefer them to play in 1 of the 2 events if any.

IIHF says it will impose sanctions on the KHL if they prevent players from other countries from playing in the Olympics.

Canadiens will have 3 2nd round picks once Sergachev plays 40 games (which looks like a foregone conclusion) but there are no plans right now to trade that surplus for help.

Blue Jackets want to add a Centre for a defenceman.
Ryan Murray's name gets thrown around the most but it might just not be him that is available.

Panthers' Petrovic isn't playing much and hasn't asked for a trade yet but his name is out there in trade talks.

Dreger says there is nothing on the table that is encouraging Botterill to move Evander Kane right now. Maybe Kane gets moved later in the season.
Dreger also says the Sabres want to see how Sam Reinhart plays for the rest of the season before making a decision. Maybe available in the offseason

Last edited by sureLoss; 11-21-2017 at 04:42 PM.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:45 PM   #3973
Backlunds_socks
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
If we're trading Brodie I would expect it to be for a very good top six, arguably top three forward. I think a minor trade to bolster the third or fourth line is more likely at this point.
What part of Brodie's game, over the last 2-years, warrants a top 6 player in return?

Other GMs are not trading for Brodie of seasons past.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:47 PM   #3974
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlunds_socks View Post
What part of Brodie's game, over the last 2-years, warrants a top 6 player in return?
All of it.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 08:02 AM   #3975
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Rob Ray just convinced me on 960. Bring in Kane. Non-stop motor, shoots a ton, hits the net and has stepped up off the ice.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:13 AM   #3976
gunnner
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerSteve View Post
Rob Ray just convinced me on 960. Bring in Kane. Non-stop motor, shoots a ton, hits the net and has stepped up off the ice.
But where does he play? The way the first line is playing i dont think Ferland deserves to be moved down. he has done everything asked of him. Do you move Jagr down to the 4th line and Kane plays with janko and bennnet. i just dont know why we make a risky move like Kane.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:45 AM   #3977
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnner View Post
But where does he play? The way the first line is playing i dont think Ferland deserves to be moved down. he has done everything asked of him. Do you move Jagr down to the 4th line and Kane plays with janko and bennnet. i just dont know why we make a risky move like Kane.
Bennett will likely be going the other way if that was the case. Some sort of extension would have to be in place.

You gotta give something. Sabres need to stop winning, they can't keep taking on futures.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:04 AM   #3978
Backlunds_socks
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
All of it.
yah, ok.

Homer glasses on effect.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:04 AM   #3979
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
Bennett will likely be going the other way if that was the case. Some sort of extension would have to be in place.

You gotta give something. Sabres need to stop winning, they can't keep taking on futures.
Unlikely.

Not trading Sam Bennett for a pending UFA, regardless of extension status given what Kane is going to demand money wise. The Sabres, given where they are now - are likely happy to continue building. They simply have too many holes on their roster still. You can't instantly fix things. The previous GM made some attempts to fill holes (Lehner), and they haven't worked. So now they get to focus in on that. Young developing D are likely near the top of their wish list. Maybe not picks, but high level prospects nearing NHL ready status...which hey, we have some of those!

Last edited by ComixZone; 11-22-2017 at 09:06 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2017, 09:05 AM   #3980
IrishSpring2013
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlunds_socks View Post
yah, ok.

Homer glasses on effect.
MOD EDIT: Please don't target specific posters. Put them on ignore and/or report their posts.

Last edited by Jiri Hrdina; 11-22-2017 at 09:54 AM.
Closed Thread