Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2018, 12:40 PM   #981
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I suppose with a cut in production you don’t need sustaining wells. However this at least should improve cash flows for companies non integrated companies so that would provide some support.

Do you see this curtailment causing a further slowdown in activity? I thought it would be pretty neutral given the cuts to 2019 drilling programs we already have seen.

The initial market reaction was pretty huge with January Diff futures under $20 US, a $9 jump. It will be interesting to see where it settles as I suspect there is a lot of speculation going on right now.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/alberta-...ince-1.1176933
That's a good question. Some of our clients have made downward adjustments to their drilling budgets in the past couple of weeks but that is due to the low price of oil. Whether this production cut will further affect plans may depend on which side of the 10 000 bpd fence they are on as a company.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 12-03-2018, 01:11 PM   #982
Husky
First Line Centre

Exp:

Be interesting if oil cuts will be conventional oil. If its thermals or similar this would add further negative pressure on NG prices.
Husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 03:04 PM   #983
Regorium
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
What does that mean? I'd love a chance to get schooled on equalization. While I know a few ways it doesn't work, I'm still not clear on how it does.
I was looking for this earlier but I find this site to be most helpful with regards to explaining how equalization works and how it applies to current day Canada.

https://www.policyschool.ca/unpackin...ments-2018-19/

Just look at the blue bars to see how much higher our income per capita is than the other provinces (in the graph where they split out the 5 categories). Even with losing 20% of our fiscal capacity in the last 3 years, we're still so much better than the rest of Canada.
Regorium is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Regorium For This Useful Post:
Julio, V
Old 12-03-2018, 07:24 PM   #984
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

If this helps the differential as much as it seems to have done today, I could see small producers increasing drilling. A conventional producer almost certainly has a natural decline >10%, so even a bigger conventional producer should have scope to add production. If the price received for that production is much better, extra drilling makes sense.

It'll be interesting to see how companies do their drop. Do they shut a whole asset in, or just slow down all the pumps...
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:51 PM   #985
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
If this helps the differential as much as it seems to have done today, I could see small producers increasing drilling. A conventional producer almost certainly has a natural decline >10%, so even a bigger conventional producer should have scope to add production. If the price received for that production is much better, extra drilling makes sense.

It'll be interesting to see how companies do their drop. Do they shut a whole asset in, or just slow down all the pumps...
I was thinking more on this today and I think the biggest losses with be from the integrated companies who would have been planning to expand production in the first half of the year despite the poor diff. They now can't expand that production so won't drill to expand production next year.

Even with the higher cash flows the integrateds will be better off using that cash for something other than drilling to increase production. That could have a negative affect on drilling beyond what would have been planned in 2019 capital budgets.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:42 AM   #986
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Alberta UCP Leader Jason Kenney’s Anti-Gay Speech Surfaces on World AIDS Day
The career conservative bragged about stopping gay AIDS patients from visiting their partners in hospital back in 2000.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1068977470886608901

What a piece of ####.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:45 AM   #987
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jesus Christ. Well, it was what, 18 years ago? I'm sure he isn't a hateful bigot anymore.

God and this guys going to be our premier too.

Last edited by White Out 403; 12-04-2018 at 11:47 AM.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:48 AM   #988
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is any one really that shocked though? Kenney is a deplorable.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:57 AM   #989
Jiggy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Is any one really that shocked though? Kenney is a deplorable.
For a politician that is normal.
Jiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:27 PM   #990
lambeburger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

That tweet accompanying the audio disingenuously portrays the bill as specifically about gays to be allowed to visit their dying partners in hospital when it wasn't.

Tweet could have been worded: "Conservative politician opposed a bill allowing domestic partnerships of gay couples decades ago." but that wouldn't cause a social media outrage.

Looks like our 2018 blinders are on again. Social attitudes towards homosexuality have definitely come a long way in a short time. Friendly reminder that Obama was against gay marriage only ten years ago. Is he a deplorable too because he held that position?

Last edited by lambeburger; 12-04-2018 at 01:27 PM. Reason: spelling
lambeburger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to lambeburger For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2018, 02:35 PM   #991
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeburger View Post
That tweet accompanying the audio disingenuously portrays the bill as specifically about gays to be allowed to visit their dying partners in hospital when it wasn't.

Tweet could have been worded: "Conservative politician opposed a bill allowing domestic partnerships of gay couples decades ago." but that wouldn't cause a social media outrage.

Looks like our 2018 blinders are on again. Social attitudes towards homosexuality have definitely come a long way in a short time. Friendly reminder that Obama was against gay marriage only ten years ago. Is he a deplorable too because he held that position?
Yes. Anyone who has ever held an opinion contrary to that of Psycnet and WO403 are human garbage and must be eradicated.

I bet if Obama were elected he'd round up homosexuals and have them all put in forced labour camps. That deplorable monster!

Good thing that never happened...

Kenney has enough warts all on his own I dont think its necessary to go to these kinds of lengths.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2018, 02:40 PM   #992
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

To be fair to Kenney, back in 2000 I was pretty homophobic as well. It definitely seemed to be the norm back then

Very happy to say that both myself and society have changed for the better in that regard. Is there any reason to think he still holds those views? Or is there a reason his opposition has to rely on decades old information to try and paint this picture.

I'm not a Kenney fan by any means, but digging up stuff from almost 2 decades ago to trash the guy is funny. Does bring up the question of his stance on it now though, so if anyone knows, please share.

Last edited by btimbit; 12-04-2018 at 04:16 PM. Reason: spelling
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2018, 02:55 PM   #993
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeburger View Post

Actually it was. The only real benefits afforded by the proposed 1989 law were visitation rights for domestic partners and bereavement leave for city employees in the event that their domestic partner passed away.

Quote:

Obama supported gay marriage as far back as the mid-90s. He tempered that later on in order to appear as moderate as possible, but it's pretty clear what he actually believed. And he always supported civil unions which granted pretty much the same benefits as marriage, so that's a far cry from what Kenney is bragging about.
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:15 PM   #994
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Yes. Anyone who has ever held an opinion contrary to that of Psycnet and WO403 are human garbage and must be eradicated.

I bet if Obama were elected he'd round up homosexuals and have them all put in forced labour camps. That deplorable monster!

Good thing that never happened...
It’s ironic that someone who is usually very quick to criticize posters for their whataboutisms is so quick defend a poster resorting to whataboutism.

Did Obama brag about being opposed to gay marriage? Did he try to repeal existing rights for homosexuals? Or is this perhaps an apples to oranges comparison?

Quote:
Kenney has enough warts all on his own I dont think its necessary to go to these kinds of lengths.
Do you feel it’s unnecessary because it makes you uncomfortable for leaning towards voting for Kenney and the UCP? There are members of the LGBTQ community in Alberta(and albertans in general) who are very interested to know Kenney’s history, but more importantly his current stance on LGBTQ rights, even if you aren’t. A story like this coming to light will provide him with an opportunity to set the record straight. That’s a good thing, whether you support him or not.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iggy_oi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2018, 04:29 PM   #995
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Naw just because a guy spent 15+ years advocating against gay marriage, LGBTQ rights and women's reproductive rights before being drafted into the political sphere and kept his dealings to the backroom doesn't make him a target for scrutiny.

Obviously Kenney fully supports the rights of the aforementioned groups, as supported by the following citations and statements:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 05:23 PM   #996
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
Do you feel it’s unnecessary because it makes you uncomfortable for leaning towards voting for Kenney and the UCP? There are members of the LGBTQ community in Alberta(and albertans in general) who are very interested to know Kenney’s history, but more importantly his current stance on LGBTQ rights, even if you aren’t. A story like this coming to light will provide him with an opportunity to set the record straight. That’s a good thing, whether you support him or not.
Don't worry! The Dippers will use this to go fear monger mode against Kenney and his party. It's what the NDP do best.
Old 12-04-2018, 05:25 PM   #997
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Reminds of this tweet from the last time Kenney tried to sink protections for students who join GSAs in school:

https://twitter.com/user/status/847101469123919872
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2018, 05:26 PM   #998
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Don't worry! The Dippers will use this to go fear monger mode against Kenney and his party.
Why is the defense of these bigots always "fear mongering!!". Can you articulate anything else? Can you provide something better?
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 05:38 PM   #999
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Relevant to the current discussion:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1062830449674895361
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 05:45 PM   #1000
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Don't worry! The Dippers will use this to go fear monger mode against Kenney and his party. It's what the NDP do best.
I can hear the fear mongering now Dion, the NDP will put it in their tv ads between the lines “Job killing carbon tax! And Jason Kenney and his close ally Justin Trudeau!” Oh wait I’m thinking of the wrong ads
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote