Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #81
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Sundays now? wtf?
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 06:47 PM   #82
kipperiggy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Never watched South Park before in my life, but tonight my sister and her boyfriend had it on. I found it pretty funny. I love making fun of Facebook though.

Thanks AC!
kipperiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:08 PM   #83
JFK
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

xepisodes.com

Watch any episode, any time.
JFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:53 PM   #84
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFK View Post
xepisodes.com

Watch any episode, any time.
That's the one I always use. But for the past 3 days its giving me a messase sayng "This is hosted by 4Share.com and as exceeded its daily limit". Is no-one else getting this? wtf??
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:59 PM   #85
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

^^^^^ You can also download TV quality new episodes off torrent sites crazy fast (The south park guys have publicly stated that they don't mind the show being shared online, so no banhammer)

I'm impressed with how well the show has aged. The art style and only having three main characters, who are all perfectly comfortable with the absurd, allows them to tell any kind of story. I've also noticed that they've replaced a large supporting cast (pip, mr mackey, mr garrison, the mayor, the principal, chef, ned, jimbo, tweak, timmy, jimmy, cartmans mom, etc.) with fewer, better supporting characters (Butters, Randy Marsh) and story specific characters who are only around for one episode.

Whats kept me watching over the years has been the fact that Matt and Trey are always trying to evolve the show. Their not all hits, but it's always worht tuning in for.

Last edited by Matata; 04-11-2010 at 11:06 PM. Reason: 'you keep saying my name mr lahe-' 'RANDY'
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:02 PM   #86
rockstar
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
That's the one I always use. But for the past 3 days its giving me a messase sayng "This is hosted by 4Share.com and as exceeded its daily limit". Is no-one else getting this? wtf??
It's all I'm getting.

rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:05 PM   #87
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
^^^^^ You can also download TV quality new episodes off torrent sites crazy fast (The south park guys have publicly stated that they don't mind the show being shared online, so no banhammer)

I'm impressed with how well the show has aged. The art style and only having three main characters, who are all perfectly comfortable with the absurd, allows them to tell any kind of story. I've also noticed that they've replaced a large supporting cast (pip, mr mackey, mr garrison, the mayor, the principal, chef, ned, jimbo, tweak, timmy, jimmy, cartmans mom, etc.) with fewer, better supporting characters (Butters, Stan Marsh) and story specific characters who are only around for one episode.

Whats kept me watching over the years has been the fact that Matt and Trey are always trying to evolve the show. Their not all hits, but it's always worht tuning in for.
Stan Marsh isn't a supporting characyer, he is the main character, then Kyle, then Cartman, then Kenny.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:07 PM   #88
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
Stan Marsh isn't a supporting characyer, he is the main character, then Kyle, then Cartman, then Kenny.
I think he meant to say Randy Marsh....although it could be argued he is one of the main. He is certainly the funniest IMO
Old 04-11-2010, 11:20 PM   #89
Jayems
Franchise Player

Exp:

meh, I turned the facebook episode off 2/3 of the way through. Just wasn't doing it for me.
Jayems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:16 AM   #90
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
I'm impressed with how well the show has aged. The art style and only having three main characters, who are all perfectly comfortable with the absurd, allows them to tell any kind of story. I've also noticed that they've replaced a large supporting cast (pip, mr mackey, mr garrison, the mayor, the principal, chef, ned, jimbo, tweak, timmy, jimmy, cartmans mom, etc.) with fewer, better supporting characters (Butters, Randy Marsh) and story specific characters who are only around for one episode.
Definitely agreed, you can see a big change in who they focus on, as well as the over-all feel of each show. Giving larger roles to Randy(who's always been my favourite character) and Butters is awesome. The only minor character I think they need to use more of is Jimmy. God that guy cracks me up. It seems every episode where he's the main character is just gold(Cripples, Erection Day, Steroids). More Jimmy and less Kenny, I've never been a fan of his. At least they stopped trying to kill him every episode, that stopped being funny by season 2.

EDIT: Still can't find the new SP anywhere online, but happened to catch it on Comedy Network last night by chance. Decent, but nothing amazing.

Last edited by Sainters7; 04-12-2010 at 08:20 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:25 AM   #91
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
I don't know, I think you could argue that Randy is now a more central character than Stan. I think the main characters the past couple years have changed to Cartman, Randy and Butters. I know Stan, Kyle, Cartman and Kenny will always be the main four and still appear in every episode, but Stan and Kenny always seem to play secondary roles, and Kyle's main purpose seems mainly just to serve as the moral foil to Cartman's schemes. Butters and Randy don't appear in every episode like the main four, but they seem to rotate being the main character for an episode(along with Cartman), and then disappear for an episode or two before being the focal point again.

Last edited by Sainters7; 04-12-2010 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:27 AM   #92
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Randy is one of the funniest characters on the show. His episode of 'drunken little league baseball dad' is one my favourites.

Oh, and the show needs a bit more Timmy. That, or I just have a soft spot for him. The episode 'Timmy 2000' when they introduce him to the show is one of the most funniest episodes ever. That, and when him and Jimmy join the Crips.

Last night's Facebook / Chat Roulette episode was pretty amusing. Especially the 'in order to find a friend on Chat Roulette you have to wade all the dicks first' comment. Hahaha...
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:28 AM   #93
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

google Project free TV I watched all the episodes from this season
stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:41 AM   #94
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Last night's Facebook / Chat Roulette episode was pretty amusing. Especially the 'in order to find a friend on Chat Roulette you have to wade all the dicks first' comment. Hahaha...
I think the funniest part of last night's episode was when Cartman and Kyle finally find someone on chatroulette who wasn't jackin it, and they tell the guy Kyle needs a friend. Then the guy's like "Oh yeah?", and walks to the corner and takes off his pants, and Cartman's like "Oh, he's pulling out his dick...".

And agreed on the drunken baseball one, that's Randy's finest hour. I thought this was Amurrica!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2010, 09:19 AM   #95
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayems View Post
meh, I turned the facebook episode off 2/3 of the way through. Just wasn't doing it for me.
While the Facebook ep wasn't as good as others this season, I saw myself in that episode. And I didn't like what I saw.

Minus all the Farmville crap. I hate Farmville.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:42 PM   #96
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Some of the best episodes are when Timmy and Jimmy join the crips and Randy as the drunk who beats everyone up at the boys Softball games. 2 of my favorites.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:17 PM   #97
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

i was never a huge fan of timmy....they did a pretty decent job with keeping it fresh, but eventually it got kinda old. Jimmy made me laugh like crazy tho

"No you r-r-r-reee-######!"
Old 04-12-2010, 09:18 PM   #98
JimmytheT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I really enjoyed the most recent facebook episode. It got really good in the last act when the Tron parody started.

The farmville stuff was great, I do not play it, but I have so many facebook people ask me to play it so I can help grow their farm (including my wife).
JimmytheT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:46 AM   #99
Jambi
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

YAHTZEE!

Great episode.
Jambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:53 AM   #100
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jimmy, Butters and Randy are my favourite characters on the show.

Jimmy juicing for the Special Olympics and roid raging on his girlfriend was hilarious. And Butter's Bottom Bitch was one of the best episodes of the show ever.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote