Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2010, 09:27 AM   #221
Yanda
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I didnt like the coon 3/4 Parter. I found all of the Cartmen/Cthulu scenes relatively stupid and hard to watch. I had 2 friends over when we watched it and they both mentioned how bad Episode 12 was. For a show that waited half a year to finish there season the last few episodes havent been very good. The coon is on par with "Pee, Stanleys Cup, Crippled Summer" as some of the worst episodes of the more recent seasons.

Maybe I shouldnt be so negative, I found "200 and 201" really funny. Especially with them bringing back Mechastrisand, Pip and Scott Tenerman.
Yanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:00 PM   #222
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Its a Jersey Thing was the best of the second half the season. I thought the Coon trilogy was so-so.

The Cthulu/Cartman scenes were awful, but Kenny's whole story was fantastic.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:03 PM   #223
Frank MetaMusil
RANDOM USER TITLE CHANGE

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
Its a Jersey Thing was the best of the second half the season. I thought the Coon trilogy was so-so.

The Cthulu/Cartman scenes were awful, but Kenny's whole story was fantastic.
There was one funny part when

Spoiler!
Frank MetaMusil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:34 PM   #224
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank MetaMusil View Post
There was one funny part when

Spoiler!
No, when his head popped like a cherry I was laughing my ass off. I mean the scenes where Cartman is doing his "kitty" act, or when he first persuades the Cthulu.

The 3rd part was the best one of the "trilogy". Bieber's dance was hilarious.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:51 PM   #225
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Justin 3 View Post
No, when his head popped like a cherry I was laughing my ass off. I mean the scenes where Cartman is doing his "kitty" act, or when he first persuades the Cthulu.

The 3rd part was the best one of the "trilogy". Bieber's dance was hilarious.
Cartman trying to be cute was a reference to the movie My Neighbor Totoro, as was the song that came later.

Cartman being like a kitty was a reference to an old Looney Tunes cartoon:

Either way, I agree they weren't the best parts about the episodes. Kenny and Mintberry Crunch helped though.

Last edited by AC; 11-14-2010 at 11:53 PM.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:17 AM   #226
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Cartman trying to be cute was a reference to the movie My Neighbor Totoro, as was the song that came later.

Cartman being like a kitty was a reference to an old Looney Tunes cartoon:

Either way, I agree they weren't the best parts about the episodes. Kenny and Mintberry Crunch helped though.
Yeah the cartman/cute scenes really killed the flow.

I thought overall it was a pretty good multi-part episode. Mostly because I like the coon character.

It was no Imaginationland though. "IMAGINE SANTA NOW!!!"
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:22 AM   #227
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
The scene with Cartman trying to woo the Cthulu was so ######ed.
Wooing Cthulu

Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hack&Lube For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2010, 12:27 AM   #228
Cheerio
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Ugh.. For me this show has gone downhill really fast lately, I'm just not finding it anywhere near as funny as the old episodes :/
Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:52 AM   #229
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Getting some back story on Kenny was actually pretty cool.

I was kind of hoping they would actually have super hero battles like the first Coon episode.. instead it was more the kids just "playing"..
Old 11-15-2010, 10:06 AM   #230
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

the best parts of the Coon trilogy were "We're Sorry..." and the Lebron James technique
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:46 AM   #231
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Well the finale episode was effing hilarious. After a couple of 'meh' episodes, this one really picked it up. The shake and weight, Randy's obsession with cooking and getting "excited" from it.

And the Gordon Ramsay "impersonation" and then the Iron Chef. omg hahahaha

Last edited by 3 Justin 3; 11-18-2010 at 07:50 AM.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:13 PM   #232
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wednesday's episode was hilarious. Great way to end season 14 after wasting three episodes on the Coon and friends.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to malcolmk14 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2011, 10:23 AM   #233
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why can't you watch this on Comedy Network anymore?? It was bad enough when we couldn't watch it on any of the free SP sites anymore because Comedy Network forced us to watch it on their crappy website in 3 part breaks with commercials, and now they've pulled it? So sick of how much harder Canadian networks make it for this kind of stuff.

On a side note, glad I read the comments. I'm a few eps behind, and I just had a feeling those Coon ones were gonna be lame. Think I'll just skip ahead and watch the season finale...if I'm ever able to.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:29 AM   #234
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Why can't you watch this on Comedy Network anymore?? It was bad enough when we couldn't watch it on any of the free SP sites anymore because Comedy Network forced us to watch it on their crappy website in 3 part breaks with commercials, and now they've pulled it? So sick of how much harder Canadian networks make it for this kind of stuff.

On a side note, glad I read the comments. I'm a few eps behind, and I just had a feeling those Coon ones were gonna be lame. Think I'll just skip ahead and watch the season finale...if I'm ever able to.
If you can, I would just torrent them.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:35 AM   #235
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
If you can, I would just torrent them.
Oh ya thanks, I know you can, thats pretty much the plan now. It was just so much easier 2-3 years ago when you could go to any of the multiple free SP sites and watch them Youtube style without having to DL anything(and it'd all be one clip, unlike Comedy Network where they break it up so you have to watch adds in between). Just felt like bitching about how Canadian networks have basically destroyed all that.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:38 AM   #236
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post

Trey and Matt have publicly stated that they are fine with people streaming the show online, as south park probably wouldn't have survived without the internet. It should be pretty easy to find a host site on google.

The "wrestling" episode is my most hated episode. The writers had no grasp of wrestling/'rasslin or the fans. They came across as really out of touch and all the jokes fell flat.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:41 AM   #237
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanda View Post
For a show that waited half a year to finish there season the last few episodes havent been very good. The coon is on par with "Pee, Stanleys Cup, Crippled Summer" as some of the worst episodes of the more recent seasons.
Pee, fair enough. But those last two?? How can you hate those ones?? After a couple years of not really watching South Park anymore, seeing the Stanley's Cup episode about 3 years ago is actually the ep that got me watching SP weekly again. Randy's awesome in that one.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:47 AM   #238
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

I use allsp.com

Pip is the worst episode, and I remember hating Crippled Summer. I'll probably watch it tonight
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:53 AM   #239
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^^
Hey! I just tried allsp, it works again! That was my original go-to back in 07-08, but it hadn't been working the past couple years so I was using SouthParkStudios (the official SP site), but then in the last year or so they automatically directed you to Comedy Network. I had no idea it was working again, beauty! The only prob with that site is there's so many pop-ups & stuff, I always feel like I'm getting a virus when I'm on there. xepisodes was my favourite but it doesn't seem to work anymore.

As for Crippled Summer, I'm a fan of the Intervention series so that probably helped why I liked it so much. Meh, I thought it was good.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:01 AM   #240
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yeah I've always used xepisodes until recently. I watch it on my PS3 so the pop-ups don't bother me
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote