Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
alltherage
Missed the bus

Exp:
Default Bachelor Party

In your opinion, is a bachelor party for the groom or the groom's men? For example, let's say the groom feels uncomfortable around strippers because of his upbringing, but the groom's men want to go with all that "bachelor party" stuff. Who's idea of the party should be used?
alltherage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:15 AM   #2
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's for the groom. If he's not going to have a 100% blast as a result of strippers making him feel uncomfortable, don't do it.

It's the guy's last 100% free night with his friends, he should be catered to.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:16 AM   #3
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

For the groom, I agree with nik-
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:16 AM   #4
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

why would it ever be about the grooms men? they aren't the ones getting married.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2009, 09:22 AM   #5
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's definitely the grooms. I'd get all the idea's for what to do from him. If he wants to shoot a round of golf and hit up a cigar bar then it's up to the best man to make it happen. But if it's the wife that's trying to plant the 'no stripper' clause into the planning then it's up to the best man to say screw that and bring the boobs. It's also his job to make sure no one mentions the events that take place at the party, to confiscate all camera's, front for any bail needed and destroy all evidence.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:24 AM   #6
alltherage
Missed the bus

Exp:

This thread is actually about me, because I'm getting married in September. I am having a hell of a time getting my buddies to do a party the way I want it. We can go out, get smashed, maybe rent a party bus, dance... shots.... whatever, but they are so set on strippers it's ridiculous. They also seem to think that getting me outright bombed from the get-go is the best idea. I think sure, whatever, you want me to puke... fine. But I don't think I should have to be wheeled around in a wheelbarrow for this... maybe hit me with some "night-enders" when the party is wrapping up, you know?

Oh, and it's definitely not because of my fiance. She will probably have entertainment at her stagette, and good on her, I couldn't care less... it's just not for me. I don't like it... it embarasses me.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:26 AM   #7
mykalberta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I agree the "Bachelor Party" is for the groom.

However, sked a Bachelor Party part deux. Its no like the groom is paying for it.

Strippers - yah. I am going to Vegas for July 4th weekend for a comi Bachelor party/intoxication funzies.

Remember, look but dont touch.
mykalberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:28 AM   #8
Swarly
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

its all about you, if all your buddies are that desperate to go see some boobs no one is stopping them from going out anytime to do it. But the stag should be what you want to do.
Swarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:28 AM   #9
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alltherage View Post
This thread is actually about me, because I'm getting married in September. I am having a hell of a time getting my buddies to do a party the way I want it. We can go out, get smashed, maybe rent a party bus, dance... shots.... whatever, but they are so set on strippers it's ridiculous. They also seem to think that getting me outright bombed from the get-go is the best idea. I think sure, whatever, you want me to puke... fine. But I don't think I should have to be wheeled around in a wheelbarrow for this... maybe hit me with some "night-enders" when the party is wrapping up, you know?

Oh, and it's definitely not because of my fiance. She will probably have entertainment at her stagette, and good on her, I couldn't care less... it's just not for me. I don't like it... it embarasses me.
I am with you. I told my brother I do not want dancers at my stag and I will be pissed if there are some there. I want to go out with the boys and get plastered and have a great time, I don't need some nasty broad shaking her junk in my face to enjoy it.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:39 AM   #10
mac_gurl
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I think its for the groomsmen. For my hubby's Stag, the guys booked a trip to Vegas for him, something he had no desire to do, and is NOT his thing. They all chipped in as well, but took no consideration into the fact that he had to take 3 days off work unpaid, while we were trying to pay for the wedding and honeymoon, and booked one room for five guys... another thing that made him uncomfortable. He really didn't enjoy it that much, and it wasn't his idea of his perfect bachelor party. Don't get me wrong, he appreciated the effort they made for him, but not once did they make any effort to do what he wanted to do.
mac_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:41 AM   #11
Flash
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'd be straight up with your best man...he is the one planning it, isn't he? I'd tell him what kind of party you want to have, and tell him as much as you appreciate all he's doing that you really don't want to be at a party you're going to be uncomfortable at.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:44 AM   #12
Bring_Back_Shantz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_gurl View Post
I think its for the groomsmen. For my hubby's Stag, the guys booked a trip to Vegas for him, something he had no desire to do, and is NOT his thing. They all chipped in as well, but took no consideration into the fact that he had to take 3 days off work unpaid, while we were trying to pay for the wedding and honeymoon, and booked one room for five guys... another thing that made him uncomfortable. He really didn't enjoy it that much, and it wasn't his idea of his perfect bachelor party. Don't get me wrong, he appreciated the effort they made for him, but not once did they make any effort to do what he wanted to do.

Wow, I have to meet your husband and get him to teach me how to coinvice a girl that he didnt' have fun at a bachelor party in Vegas.
He's got to be the most convincing liar in the world.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bring_Back_Shantz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2009, 09:44 AM   #13
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
I am with you. I told my brother I do not want dancers at my stag and I will be pissed if there are some there. I want to go out with the boys and get plastered and have a great time, I don't need some nasty broad shaking her junk in my face to enjoy it.
I guess I'm just a perv compared to you and alltherage. My bachelor party is going to be in Vegas and I can't wait till we get to the Spearmint Rhino.
albertGQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:50 AM   #14
Phaneuf3
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alltherage View Post

it depends on just how uncomfortable and embarrassed you are about it. There needs to be a little embarrassment factor for the groom as well. the key is a little.

your buddies probably see it as something that would be fun and think you can laugh off the embarrassment and have a good time with anyway. if that's not the case and will completely kill the night, you need to make that completely clear before hand.
Phaneuf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:50 AM   #15
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_gurl View Post
Your husbands friends kinda seem like inconsiderate dicks.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yeah_Baby For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2009, 09:57 AM   #16
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertGQ View Post
I guess I'm just a perv compared to you and alltherage. My bachelor party is going to be in Vegas and I can't wait till we get to the Spearmint Rhino.
I just find strippers pretty boring. After about 15 minutes I am just watching sports highlites or playing pool.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:00 AM   #17
Peanut
First Line Centre

Exp:

It should definitely be about the groom (or Bride, in the bachelor-ette party case). Seems like a serious chat with the best man might be required if your groomsmen are ignoring your wishes on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertGQ View Post
Well, I think there's a slight difference between Spearmint Rhino and some random Dial-A-Dancer in Calgary. Besides, if you're going to Vegas for a Bachelor Party weekend then you're already doing it up on a whole other level then one drunken party night in Calgary.

Last edited by Peanut; 06-15-2009 at 10:04 AM.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:01 AM   #18
Swarly
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
I just find strippers pretty boring. After about 15 minutes I am just watching sports highlites or playing pool.
whats wrong with that, the way I see it it's like any other bar + strippers to entertain you. unless you are bored by bars in general which I understand as I get tired of them once in awhile too
Swarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:02 AM   #19
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's for the Groom. I just took a wedding planning course, and proper wedding etiquette says it's for the Groom. My cousin is having the same problem with his bachelor party.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:08 AM   #20
alltherage
Missed the bus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Seems like a serious chat with the best man might be required if your groomsmen are ignoring your wishes on this.
Ya... about that... I already tried. It turned in to a serious chat about why we should have strippers, and is there any way I would possibly allow strippers to be there.

I basically said if they HAVE to be there, then:

1) I want to go TO the strippers, not have them come to me.
2) I don't want any personal, alone type attention (lapdance etc)
3) No touching me from the strippers. I don't care if I get tapped on the shoulder for a drink or that kind of thing, but if a boob touches my face or something I will fataing lose my sh**.

Tags
arshole friends , bachelor party , beer , strippers