Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the Neal/Lucic trade?
Love it 31 4.47%
Like it 223 32.13%
Indifferent 232 33.43%
Dislike it 143 20.61%
Hate it 65 9.37%
Voters: 694. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2019, 11:28 AM   #21
Aeneas
Franchise Player

Exp:

Love it. Lucic was my favourite non Flame.
I pretend the years in LA and Edmonton never happened.

Go out and hit some people, will be way more than Neal ever did.
My favourite Flames recently are/were Ferland Bennett Hamonic and Engelland.
So I am happy to have more physicality on the team.
Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aeneas For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2019, 11:29 AM   #22
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkaupp View Post
Only on Calgary puck can you find a group of people that like a trade that is universally panned outside of Calgary and it’s butter soft media.
Where else can you find, say, a group of people whose opinion of Neal is informed based on actually watching him every game, vs. being informed largely based on some playoff viewing from previous teams, his career stats and, basically reputation?
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2019, 11:31 AM   #23
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

inb4 "why is there no 'Fire Treliving, he made my kids sad' option???"

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 11:31 AM   #24
Icon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Indifferent.

If there is truth to the rumor of Neal not fitting in the room, then I like it. Otherwise I probably lean to dislike only because there's a higher chance it helps the Oilers more than the Flames.
Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 11:33 AM   #25
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Oh no ....

this poll doesn't work either!

Zamler is going to hate his new job.
You sure are cranky lately.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 11:34 AM   #26
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Oh no!

22% not liking it so far ... really close to the old poll.

Quick guys get me some new poll options stat!
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2019, 11:35 AM   #27
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
You sure are cranky lately.
Yeah beating cancer has an amazing way of changing the way you deal with complete and utter BS on the internet.

Zero patience.

You think the poll was biased or skewed you get a new poll. Then maybe you drop the asinine comment and move on.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:36 AM   #28
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

It's a sh*t for sh*t trade. Both teams just try throw different sh*t on the wall and see if it sticks.

While Edmonton is paying for more expensive sh*t (cap hit), but Calgary's cost to clean sh*t up early is higher (buy out).
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 11:36 AM   #29
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah beating cancer has an amazing way of changing the way you deal with complete and utter BS on the internet.

Zero patience.

You think the poll was biased or skewed you get a new poll. Then maybe you drop the asinine comment and move on.
Life's too short.

Don't sweat the small stuff.
Cali Panthers Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2019, 11:37 AM   #30
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Probably get the same results since most people (I assume) voted for the option closest to their opinion even if they didn't agree with the wording. This is a much better poll though.
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jacks For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2019, 11:38 AM   #31
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks View Post
Probably get the same results since most people (I assume) voted for the option closest to their opinion even if they didn't agree with the wording. This is a much better poll though.
Nope ...

I've heard. It was biased, and prejudiced. The results may look the same so far but be patient they're going the other way soon.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:39 AM   #32
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

Zero patience.

I'm sorry I have a different opinion than you want me to have. Also don't play the cancer card on me you have NO IDEA what I am going through right now. The fact you're attacking me and trying to make things personal is way out of line.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 11:41 AM   #33
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

As I said in the other thread I think Lucic is better suited for the 3rd line role that Neal unequivocally failed in. Neal doesn't deserve to play in our top 6, and wouldn't be able to contribute on the 3rd line enough to justify his salary.

Lucic throwing 250 hits, potting ~5 goals, and improving the team toughness/confidence brings more to the team than if Neal had twice as good of a season last year with ~15 goals.

Lucic's contract is uglier than Neal's. But with Edmonton retaining, paying most of his actual salary up front already, and Treliving's confidence about it not being an issue for Seattle, I'm not worried about the contract long term.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2019, 11:44 AM   #34
jonkaupp
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by This post is terrible View Post
Think about how much debate and discussion there has been on this forum. The NHL community probably just looked at the names and made their judgement purely on that alone. There has been so much information presented here for both sides and some fans are starting to like it.
When I said ‘only’ I was perhaps being to exclusive in that I was trying to refer to Calgary Flames fandom spots, I was not meaning that other teams fandoms do not contain cess pools of extreme homer-dom. I was merely saying that this place is far and away the worst in regards to the Flames related fandom spots I frequent.

To your point, the ‘debate and discussion’ here typically starts with much mixed reaction to a move and then the same typical red glass wearing fans do insanely impressive mental gymnastics to explain a move away until they’ve convinced enough people that they can then turn to berating dissenters.

This is a bad trade. It’s pretty simple. Is it going to sink the team? No, because it also was a trade that basically just slightly worsened a previous absolutely terrible move.
jonkaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 11:45 AM   #35
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would love nothing more for this to completely back fire on the Oilers and have Neal continue his brutal play next year and Lucic to get a second life with the Flames. Rubbing that in the face of Oilers fans would be great
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 11:49 AM   #36
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
I'm sorry I have a different opinion than you want me to have. Also don't play the cancer card on me you have NO IDEA what I am going through right now. The fact you're attacking me and trying to make things personal is way out of line.
Couldn't care less about your opinion and never have.

Don't appreciate the cancer card comment, you asked why I was being pissy I answered it.

Hope you're doing ok.

You basically accused me of cherry picking a poll to get results I like and I defended myself.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:49 AM   #37
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dislike, leaning towards hate. I would have given Neal one more season with a full summer to train (the guy played a ton of hockey the last few years) before giving up on him for a player with a worse contract that has had more bad seasons.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to codynw For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2019, 11:50 AM   #38
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Location: F*** me. We're so f***ing good, you check the f***ing standings? Lets f***ing go! F***ing practice!
Exp:

James "The Real Deal" Neal might be the most inaccurate nickname in the history of sport.

I love that he has been sent to Edmonton, something really awesome and has a ring of poetic justice or instant karma or something like that. That's the effort you bring after signing such a big contract? That's all you've got? Fine, now you're an Oiler. Enjoy.

Good riddance.

Backlund for Selke 2017 2018
Oilers suck.
CsInMyBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CsInMyBlood For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2019, 11:51 AM   #39
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Neal was awful. This is his lowest value possible since even if he plays this poorly going forward, his remaining contract shrinks every day.

You’ve traded him for an anchor, so you’ve not really cut your losses. Unless he is so toxic to the team that your coach quits or there’s a mutiny.

Two weeks ago most everyone would have said the best hope to salvage anything was to hope you’d see some return of the guy that you thought you’d signed.

Seems to me this trade would always be there but I’m thinking Holland convinced Tre otherwise and Tre started talking himself into liking Lucic a little.

I have a hard time grading it but ultimately with what I know today, I wouldn’t have made it.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 11:51 AM   #40
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkaupp View Post
When I said ‘only’ I was perhaps being to exclusive in that I was trying to refer to Calgary Flames fandom spots, I was not meaning that other teams fandoms do not contain cess pools of extreme homer-dom. I was merely saying that this place is far and away the worst in regards to the Flames related fandom spots I frequent.

To your point, the ‘debate and discussion’ here typically starts with much mixed reaction to a move and then the same typical red glass wearing fans do insanely impressive mental gymnastics to explain a move away until they’ve convinced enough people that they can then turn to berating dissenters.

This is a bad trade. It’s pretty simple. Is it going to sink the team? No, because it also was a trade that basically just slightly worsened a previous absolutely terrible move.
Luckily you're not forced to frequent this site then. Cess pools, glass wearing.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.