Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-29-2019, 10:40 AM   #201
dissentowner
Franchise Player
 
dissentowner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SW Ontario
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
I dont think they'll part with Matthews. Theres just no way to win that trade.

I would offer sheet marner at like 10.5 lol. I think they'd sign him over the picks. More likely they look to dump nylander on someone for strong elc or value contracts
They won't dump Nylander and they will get Marner done even if they have to gut their depth. Dubas promised Toronto fans he would retain Matthews, Nylander, Marner, and Reilly as long as he is GM. He would rather hurt his depth than lose face.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 10:55 AM   #202
868904
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
They won't dump Nylander and they will get Marner done even if they have to gut their depth. Dubas promised Toronto fans he would retain Matthews, Nylander, Marner, and Reilly as long as he is GM. He would rather hurt his depth than lose face.
I hope that's true and if so, Tre should be trying to get Kadri then. He's a good player on a good contract and he'd be a perfect fit with Tkachuk and Bennett on the second line.
__________________
Calgary Flames, PLEASE GO TO THE NET! AND SHOOT THE PUCK! GENERATING OFFENSE IS NOT DIFFICULT! SKATE HARD, SHOOT HARD, CRASH THE NET HARD!
868904 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 868904 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2019, 11:00 AM   #203
Makarov
#1 Goaltender
 
Makarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Moscow
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post
I hope that's true and if so, Tre should be trying to get Kadri then. He's a good player on a good contract and he'd be a perfect fit with Tkachuk and Bennett on the second line.
Would that be the nastiest line in the league?
__________________
"Life of Russian hockey veterans is very hard," said Soviet hockey star Sergei Makarov. "Most of them don't have enough to eat these days. These old players are Russian legends."
Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Makarov For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2019, 11:02 AM   #204
neo45
First Line Centre
 
neo45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Exp:
Default

If I was Dubas no way I keep Nylander over Kadri. One player gives it his all and outperforms his contract and the other held out on the team for more money and then played terribly.

But if Kadri’s available by all means go for it
neo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to neo45 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2019, 11:09 AM   #205
transplant99
Fearmongerer
 
transplant99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
This doesn't really help either team imo.

Stone has negative value. He wouldn't have played in Calgary this year at 2.5 or 1.5 because he's a below replacement level defender.

LTIR might be how Calgary gets around his contract this year.
Stone is not injured though...LTIR isnt an option.
__________________
Quote:
Tkachuk is more like Marchand than the other guys though. He's really ****ing good. He's just a total butthole.
Unknown Kings fan
transplant99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 11:17 AM   #206
neo45
First Line Centre
 
neo45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Stone is not injured though...LTIR isnt an option.
I feel like guys have got LTIRetired with less serious issues than Stone has

Obviously the players desire to continue playing heavily factors in
neo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 11:26 AM   #207
Hes
Eye Guy
 
Hes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Exp:
Default

Stone has one year left on his deal and can go to minors.
Hes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 11:27 AM   #208
Demetric
Scoring Winger
 
Demetric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 0° latitude, 0° longitude
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45 View Post
I feel like guys have got LTIRetired with less serious issues than Stone has

Obviously the players desire to continue playing heavily factors in
he was cleared to play already, unless a clot comes back, he is good to play.
__________________
In Treliving We Trust!
Demetric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 11:29 AM   #209
transplant99
Fearmongerer
 
transplant99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45 View Post
I feel like guys have got LTIRetired with less serious issues than Stone has

Obviously the players desire to continue playing heavily factors in
He played AFTER coming off the blood clot thing...they cant just say he has it again, nor would they even attemot that stuff.

NHL doctors have to sign off on it as well I believe.
__________________
Quote:
Tkachuk is more like Marchand than the other guys though. He's really ****ing good. He's just a total butthole.
Unknown Kings fan
transplant99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 11:56 AM   #210
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player
 
Erick Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Fernando Valley
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45 View Post
If I was Dubas no way I keep Nylander over Kadri. One player gives it his all and outperforms his contract and the other held out on the team for more money and then played terribly.

But if Kadri’s available by all means go for it
The problem with Kadri is that he's a bit of a loose cannon and has hurt the team getting suspended in back to back playoff series which has likely not been well received by management who probably don't feel they can count on this guy in the playoffs from doing something really stupid.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 11:59 AM   #211
mrdonkey
#1 Goaltender
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Exp:
Default 2019/2020 Trade Speculation and Rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
The problem with Kadri is that he's a bit of a loose cannon and has hurt the team getting suspended in back to back playoff series which has likely not been well received by management who probably don't feel they can count on this guy in the playoffs from doing something really stupid.

Maybe a bit of a give a **** factor is exactly what this team needs to stop being a free ticket to the second round.
mrdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:04 PM   #212
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player
 
Erick Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Fernando Valley
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdonkey View Post
Maybe a bit of a give a **** factor is exactly what this team needs to stop being a free ticket to the second round.
Well he hasn't exactly helped the Leafs get to the 2nd round has he? It seems to me he has issues in the playoffs controlling his emotions.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:08 PM   #213
Flash Walken
Franchise Player
 
Flash Walken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Stone is not injured though...LTIR isnt an option.
Who knows with blood clots.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...es/in-my-blood
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
How does the number of playoff games the Bruins won *this last season* have anything to do with their number of draft picks in the last three calendar years?
https://streamable.com/dcxaz
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2019, 12:40 PM   #214
The Cobra
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hes View Post
Stone has one year left on his deal and can go to minors.
Even if he can, the majority of his cap hit remains.
The Cobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:48 PM   #215
Geeoff
First Line Centre
 
Geeoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Exp:
Default

I don't mind keeping Stone. Flames used a bunch of defensemen last year
Geeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:57 PM   #216
goflamesgo18
Scoring Winger
 
goflamesgo18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Exp:
Default

Eklund rumor - Kessel to the Flames.

Dont know what Id be willing to give up. Maybe a first, Janko, and Frolik. Not sure that gets it done.
goflamesgo18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 01:05 PM   #217
Stanley
First Line Centre
 
Stanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goflamesgo18 View Post
Eklund rumor - Kessel to the Flames.

Dont know what Id be willing to give up. Maybe a first, Janko, and Frolik. Not sure that gets it done.
Urgh....just what we need - more non-canadian players. Seems like we're stocking up on Team USA and Team Sweden...heck even the russians are coming!
Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 01:08 PM   #218
ignite
Farm Team Player
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goflamesgo18 View Post
Eklund rumor - Kessel to the Flames.

Dont know what Id be willing to give up. Maybe a first, Janko, and Frolik. Not sure that gets it done.
ignite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 01:10 PM   #219
RedHawk12
Backup Goalie
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goflamesgo18 View Post
Eklund rumor - Kessel to the Flames.

Dont know what Id be willing to give up. Maybe a first, Janko, and Frolik. Not sure that gets it done.
Not sure if Pittsburgh is interested in Frolik, but we know they like Zucker. We should do a three way trade.

To MIN:
Frolik
2019 first round pick (#26)

To PIT:
Zucker
Rask

To CGY:
Kessel
RedHawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 01:14 PM   #220
flambers
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawk12 View Post
Not sure if Pittsburgh is interested in Frolik, but we know they like Zucker. We should do a three way trade.

To MIN:
Frolik
2019 first round pick (#26)

To PIT:
Zucker
Rask

To CGY:
Kessel
Pass from the Flames perspective,

Kessel is not the solution.

Not to mention I doubt the Flames are on his 8 team no trade list.
flambers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flambers For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:10 AM.

Calgary Flames
2017-18




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016