Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-16-2019, 09:39 PM   #1
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Players requiring re-call waivers

I'm going to list this thread to list any players above the ratings threshold, and below 24 years old, that require re-call waivers.
If these players are recalled to the CPHL they will go through the waivers process.
If you see any other players that apply please post them here

Right now we have
Tyson Jost (Wild)
Michael Rasmussen (Ducks)
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2019, 09:04 AM   #2
Swayze11
something else haha

Exp:

I was under the assumption this was put in place to force stacked teams to bring rated players up to their CPHL roster. I don't really understand the value in keeping these players in the AHL for the entire year.

Swayze11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Swayze11 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2019, 11:06 AM   #3
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swayze11 View Post
I was under the assumption this was put in place to force stacked teams to bring rated players up to their CPHL roster. I don't really understand the value in keeping these players in the AHL for the entire year.
You assumption would be wrong, Being someone that was heavily pushing for the rule I can tell you why it was put into place.

If you take the Wild for example, players like Bakov and Mickinnon and other. Before this rule the day before free agency they were able to send them and anyone under 24 down to the minors and have a total of 26.35M to spent on free agents. Then call them back up the next day after the bidding

There's a big difference then choosing not to play with a player for a year then manipulating the system to get a extra 26M to buy more assets

IMO but everyone has difference views and maybe mine is wrong too

Last edited by Hanna Sniper; 07-17-2019 at 11:09 AM.
Hanna Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 01:10 PM   #4
Swayze11
something else haha

Exp:

Right but shouldnt we encourage always having your well rated players playing on the CPHL team instead of not playing them at all for the entire year? It would be nice to enforce them to be on the NHL team or trade them, this promotes hoarding of good assets.

Old 07-17-2019, 01:59 PM   #5
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

For me Jost is just above the threshold so I chose not to bring him up because I'd rather have the 1.3M to fill out my roster.
We are talking about a guy with 26 points last year. It's not like I"m stashing a top line player down there or anything.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:07 PM   #6
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Crap, for some reason I brought up Howden because I thought I had too, he’s just over the threshold. Can I send him down?
MJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 02:13 PM   #7
I wanna be like Miikka
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

For me I just plain forgot to bring up Rasmussen as I've been quite busy the past few weeks. Similar thing happened to me with Burakovsky previously. Either way we will move forward this season with him in the minors.
I wanna be like Miikka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 07:01 PM   #8
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK View Post
Crap, for some reason I brought up Howden because I thought I had too, he’s just over the threshold. Can I send him down?
Sure you can send him down. Just once he's down there - he has to stay for the year or face re-calls.
If you send him down let me know as I'm adding "requires waivers" to their names so we can track.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:18 PM   #9
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well slap me silly.....I had this wrong too.
I just remembered we stickied this thread. Every year this rule is confusing. But we tried to clarify last year

"This one causes problems every year, to the point that I even described it wrong it my initial post about RFAs.
To step back, the waive recall cut off rule was created to counteract a pattern of GMs stashing players 23 years and younger in the minor to free up as much cap space as possible.
So that could mean, for instance, that I could put guys like Seth Jones, Andrei Barkov and Nathan Mackinnon all in the AHL to give me more cap space to bid on UFAs.
However, it has constantly provided confusion and once we get into the season is near impossible to enforce, particularly since the sim sometimes dresses guys randomly.

So we are going to try and simplify this.

You must have any player 23 years or younger and a rating above the cutpoint (according to the grids) on your main CPHL roster when you submit your UFA re-signing or open batch bids. In other words their salary MUST be accounted for in terms of how much space you have to make those bids.

Once we are done with all UFA bids, then you have the freedom to move these players up and down as part of your roster management."

So basically, according to this, the players need to be on the rosters for UFA bidding or re-signing.
And then after that they can move up and down.

So what do we want to do here? Are folks comfortable with this rule. If so, I will go through and move all players up to their main rosters that apply, and then after that they can move up and down.

Starting a new thread...
Old 07-17-2019, 09:03 PM   #10
Inufie
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Honestly if you have a player above the threshold why would you want him in the ahl if his rating is high enough to play in the Cphl? He isn’t gonna be any cheaper if he’s down there. If he’s good enough now keep him up. That’s just what I’m thinking.
Inufie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inufie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2019, 09:07 PM   #11
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inufie View Post
Honestly if you have a player above the threshold why would you want him in the ahl if his rating is high enough to play in the Cphl? He isn’t gonna be any cheaper if he’s down there. If he’s good enough now keep him up. That’s just what I’m thinking.
For guys right above the threshold 1.3M isn't a great use of cap.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2019, 10:25 PM   #12
Swayze11
something else haha

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inufie View Post
This. If hes good enough to play, play him... or trade him.