Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-17-2015, 04:54 PM   #21
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

I hate to open up such an old thread but I'm unable to find the thread discussing Yum Yum BBQ.

At any rate, this awesome place has now expanded to the south, Southland & Elbow.

Can't say how happy I am! No more 40 min round trip drives to get my favourite fried chicken!

Also, another option, located across from Chinook, is Ogam Chicken. The seasoned and soy flavours are very good!

That's it, I'm out!
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to csnarpy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2015, 05:01 PM   #22
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Chicken on the Way.

Ask for the Basement Special.

You have to bring your own latex gimpsuit and lube though.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2015, 05:06 PM   #23
Nammer403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnarpy View Post
I hate to open up such an old thread but I'm unable to find the thread discussing Yum Yum BBQ.

At any rate, this awesome place has now expanded to the south, Southland & Elbow.

Can't say how happy I am! No more 40 min round trip drives to get my favourite fried chicken!

Also, another option, located across from Chinook, is Ogam Chicken. The seasoned and soy flavours are very good!

That's it, I'm out!
You might like Wow Chicken in Kensington too
Old 07-17-2015, 05:08 PM   #24
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ogam chicken is pretty delicious.
"Korean" fried chicken.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mass_nerder For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2015, 05:11 PM   #25
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thumbs down to Skyview Ranch fritou. Terrible service and so expensive
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 05:37 PM   #26
sarge
Backup Goalie

Exp:

The best by far is the Smokehouse Diner, a greasy spoon at Ogden Road and 68 Ave SE. Broasted.........pressure & deep fried. I guess some Fargo scenes have been filmed there too.....
sarge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 06:20 PM   #27
homestand
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge View Post
The best by far is the Smokehouse Diner, a greasy spoon at Ogden Road and 68 Ave SE. Broasted.........pressure & deep fried. I guess some Fargo scenes have been filmed there too.....
Thanks, I will have to try it when the construction is completed on Glenmore at Centre Street.
homestand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 06:26 PM   #28
NSFL
Random Title Change!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nammer403 View Post
You might like Wow Chicken in Kensington too
But Yum Yum is just so much better. I find WOW bland. Although I have been told Yum yum is too spicy for those who don't like spicy.

NSFL=Not So Funny Lady. But I will also accept Not Safe For Life and Not Sober For Long.

You know you wanna read about nail polish:

http://polish-holic.blogspot.com/
NSFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NSFL For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2015, 12:41 AM   #29
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

After my fast food chain purge, I went on a quest.

My favourites were Olive Chicken. Nice and crispy. And honourable mention to Fritou, as it had almost a KFC quality to it, with a bit of spice, minus the guilt.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2015, 05:34 AM   #30
Scrambler
One of the Nine

Exp:

sorry for going so off topic on this (not so much on the product but for the fact that it's nowhere near Calgary...)

There is this place near my apartment in Fukuoka that serves the very best 鶏のから揚げ (tori no karage - fried chicken) in the whole damn World. I mean it, if you love fried chicken you owe it to yourself to take a trip here some day.

55円 per piece incl tax, or 330円 for 6 pieces and a side of rice and pickles (very Japanese..) 330円 is about CAD $3.35, it's an amazing deal.
Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 06:41 AM   #31
taffeyb
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
After my fast food chain purge, I went on a quest.

My favourites were Olive Chicken. Nice and crispy. And honourable mention to Fritou, as it had almost a KFC quality to it, with a bit of spice, minus the guilt.
I second Olive Chicken. Fantastic. They now have a second location on 17th Avenue SW in addition to their 10th Avenue one. Crispy...not oily...a solid crunch. I prefer their original recipe, but they do offer one tossed with with a sweet chili sauce.

The original has a resemblance to Popeye's Chicken from the US (without the grease)
taffeyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 09:10 AM   #32
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Olive is my fast food favorite. For up scale, Just had the KFC at Anju for lunch yesterday, and it wad amazing. Poutine at both places is a must try especially liked Anju with the dried Kim Chi on top.

Korean Fried Chicken is amazing stuff. I first had it a few years ago in San Fran and I think the stuff here is even better. Really good Korean food here in Calgary, it has come a long way from the Korean Village only days.
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OldDutch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2015, 09:14 AM   #33
TSXCman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDutch View Post
Olive is my fast food favorite. For up scale, Just had the KFC at Anju for lunch yesterday, and it wad amazing. Poutine at both places is a must try especially liked Anju with the dried Kim Chi on top.

Korean Fried Chicken is amazing stuff. I first had it a few years ago in San Fran and I think the stuff here is even better. Really good Korean food here in Calgary, it has come a long way from the Korean Village only days.
Anju's chicken is great!
TSXCman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TSXCman For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2015, 09:41 AM   #34
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Also:

A&W Chubby Chicken

Church's Chicken - do they still exist anywhere?

Swansons TV Dinner Fried Chicken
Been a long time since I've thought of Church's Fried Chicken. I actually really liked that place. Thought it was better than KFC. A&W Chubby Chicken is even better than KFC.

Chicken on the Way is a lot like Peters in that it's an overhyped local establishment. It's just okay but nothing special.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 09:29 AM   #35
Bean
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnarpy View Post

That's it, I'm out!

Yum Yum Chicken is also tucked in near the Safeway in Bowness as well as at Pacific Place Mall in the NE. He's cornering almost all quadrants and deservedly so!
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 10:41 AM   #36
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
Thumbs down to Skyview Ranch fritou. Terrible service and so expensive
And I now I know we live close to each other...
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:09 PM   #37
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just to throw out the fancypants option, the fried chicken and waffles at Model Milk, with the sriracha gravy is so, so good. And they give you a TON of it for two.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 03:18 PM   #38
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wait...so Chicken and Waffles is actually a thing? I always thought it was a joke...

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 03:29 PM   #39
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Er, yes. I thought this was ubiquitous knowlege.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 07-19-2015, 03:32 PM   #40
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yes, of course it is. Model Milk's version is a bit different in that the waffles aren't really waffles, more like light puffy bread of some sort not altogether dissimilar to a donut I want to say?