Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2019, 07:34 AM   #21
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
No, screw that. If you don’t want your expensive car to be dinged don’t drive it to public parking lots. If you’re going to drive that car you assume all the risks, including damage that isn’t your fault.

I don’t care how much their car is, it doesn’t entitle them to park like a jackass.
So don't use your car as a car? If the lot isn't full I don't see anything wrong with it and the outright hostility towards it is troubling quite frankly. We aren't talking about a Mustang owner here. It's an exotic car for crying out loud. I and many others can attest that parking at the back of the lot doesn't guarantee that an oblivious idiot will not park right next to you and ding your car.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 10-22-2019 at 07:36 AM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 01:39 PM   #22
LiquidX
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
So don't use your car as a car? If the lot isn't full I don't see anything wrong with it and the outright hostility towards it is troubling quite frankly. We aren't talking about a Mustang owner here. It's an exotic car for crying out loud. I and many others can attest that parking at the back of the lot doesn't guarantee that an oblivious idiot will not park right next to you and ding your car.
This is a dumb argument. You're basically proposing that due to the value of the car, it deserves special consideration. Does he get to drive in the middle of the lanes on the roadways too because it's expensive? Where does this privilege end?

As an owner of a nice, newer car (2018), I can see the want to protect it from random damage.. but that's why you buy insurance.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:19 PM   #23
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think that (a) you can never protect against a guy who wants to vandalize a car like that, short of valet parking; (b) if you park over two lines that guy will be even more likely to do it; and (c) it's obviously not OK for him to do it.

Rather than parking it far away, I'd park as close to a door as possible, and as close to where people can see as possible. Much less likely to be vandalized. I can tell you, if I came out and a Ferrari's parked next to me, I'm opening my door super carefully. I imagine a ding repair is worth my entire car.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 04:30 PM   #24
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadAJ View Post
I live in Dallas and it was pretty crazy last night.

Here is a before and after of Seguins house for those haven’t seen it:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like Gone With the Wind at the beginning and at the end.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 04:57 PM   #25
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidX View Post
This is a dumb argument. You're basically proposing that due to the value of the car, it deserves special consideration. Does he get to drive in the middle of the lanes on the roadways too because it's expensive? Where does this privilege end?

As an owner of a nice, newer car (2018), I can see the want to protect it from random damage.. but that's why you buy insurance.
Wow, talk about a dumb argument.

When you make an insurance claim, you pay the deductible. If you make more than one claim, your premiums will go up. And they will keep going up, because insurance companies are in the business of making money, not giving it away.

Painting a Ferrari (or any exotic car), costs thousands - just for a door or quarter panel. But I guess because they can afford a Ferrari, hell - let them pay through the nose to paint it every couple months!

Or.... park it at the back of the lot where no asshat will let their kid swing their door open into it.

Nothing wrong with double parking it AS LONG AS you do it far away, where the lot is not full.
Enoch Root is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2019, 04:58 PM   #26
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I think that (a) you can never protect against a guy who wants to vandalize a car like that, short of valet parking; (b) if you park over two lines that guy will be even more likely to do it; and (c) it's obviously not OK for him to do it.

Rather than parking it far away, I'd park as close to a door as possible, and as close to where people can see as possible. Much less likely to be vandalized. I can tell you, if I came out and a Ferrari's parked next to me, I'm opening my door super carefully. I imagine a ding repair is worth my entire car.
It isn't about vandalism, it's about accidental dings. Because people don't GAF about other peoples' property.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:23 PM   #27
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
It isn't about vandalism, it's about accidental dings. Because people don't GAF about other peoples' property.
Hence my second comment.

My first one was, if you park in a dick way to avoid dings you may be encouraging a-holes to vandalize.

My new (third) one is - maybe use your other car for errands. Use the Ferrari for road trips, on dates with valet parking (though Ferris Bueller) or when you are up for that Magnum PI role.

Last edited by GioforPM; 10-22-2019 at 05:26 PM.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 05:25 PM   #28
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Hence my second comment.
I admire your optimism, but having it up front where people can see it, will not stop it from getting dings.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:56 PM   #29
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidX View Post

Deductible on a car like that is probably what you paid for yours.

So yes, if it’s in the back of a parking lot, not interfering with anyone, why does it matter?
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 06:15 PM   #30
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Guys, guys, I’m sure Seguin can afford the deductible. Don’t worry.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 02:20 AM   #31
nickerjones
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rando View Post
bUt iT sNowEd iN oCtObEr!!!!
I don't have to go the cellar to keep safe from the snow. I just sit in front of my xbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolcalgary View Post
i can't even imagine the specter of that...

i remember the tornado in Edmonton, which was a category 4, being pretty horrifying...

There's been some more tornado activity in Alberta of late, if my memory serves me right, but it isn't (or hasn't been) something that people really think of...
There has been a couple smaller ones but nothing an okie like me would sweat..... bc they were 3 hours away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
You missed a heck of a year this year. Over here in Tulsa, we pretty much had a target on us for all of May. We had our kids under the stairs like 5 times in a week. We had a EF0 skirt our neighborhood; it was pretty trippy.
Yeah my parents said it seemed like an active year. I still find myself watching the facebook live newscasts of the storm chasers during the season. I definitely don't miss them.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:29 AM   #32
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
Looks like Gone With the Wind at the beginning and at the end.
I see what you did there.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 11:49 AM   #33
FireFly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerjones View Post
Outside of free healthcare, not worrying about getting shot when I go out for dinner, and way more hockey.... Not dealing with Tornadoes is the best thing about moving from Oklahoma to Calgary. 'Nader free 5 years and counting for me.

So you've been in Calgary for 5 years but still haven't updated your location on your profile? That's lazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
If edmonton wins the cup in the next decade I will buy everyone on CP a bottle of vodka.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote