Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-02-2014, 08:32 PM   #61
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

the way Quicksilver was portrayed was hilarious. I wish there was more scenes with him in DOFP but I guess it would have become too much a comedy.

For the most part I really enjoyed the trip back to 1973.

recently I have seen these blockbuster budget movies...

X men DOFP
Godzilla
Amazing Spiderman 2

JMO X Men is the best of the 3.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:18 AM   #62
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Saw it tonight and really enjoyed it. However, who was the guy that turned into a human torch? Was it Human Torch? I'm confused.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:21 AM   #63
Mustache
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
Saw it tonight and really enjoyed it. However, who was the guy that turned into a human torch? Was it Human Torch? I'm confused.
That would have been Sunspot.
Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:35 AM   #64
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Apparently they tried to make him look more like the comic version (dark body with the odd bright spot, glowing eyes and aura) but they couldn't make it look very good so they went with the Human Torch look.
Old 06-07-2014, 02:18 AM   #65
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane_phaneuf View Post
found this interesting, original plan to break Magneto out of the Pentagon
oh god, im glad they didnt do that.

Vinnie Jones is better left finding tough guys in Russia than reprising his role as Juggernaut. What a terrible cast...

If they were going to do Juggernaut, they Should've went with this meathead:
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:37 AM   #66
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post

Why not have Wolverine tear up a few sentinels? Say at the beginning of the movie where all the future X-Men are killed off, they could have had Wolverine go toe-to-toe with a few sentinels before being the last one to perish. One issue people have always had is that Wolverine needs to hold back, as he's not allowed to kill (at least innocents). But here he had the opportunity to take on an enemy where he could show how ruthless he could really be without remorse. It just seems like a missed opportunity to me.
it would've been pointless to have him do that as the writers were trying to portray the Sentinels as an overpowering threat. The whole plot was to put one last hope into finding a way to prevent the Sentinels from being backed by the humans.

If wolverine tore up some sentinels in the beginning of the movie, there was always going to be the idea of a plan B throughout the movie where "oh well, if this going to the past thing doesnt work, at least wolverine could save our asses in the present"

speaking of wolverine, wasnt he supposed to be left with bone claws after "the wolverine"? so why did he have adamantium ones while lying on the table?
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 06:34 AM   #67
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
speaking of wolverine, wasnt he supposed to be left with bone claws after "the wolverine"? so why did he have adamantium ones while lying on the table?
To make a long answer short: Magneto.

It's long been theorized that Magneto would be able to 'fix' or put Wolvie's claws back or even just 'stretch' or 'rearrange' some of the metal to give him the metal claws back.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2014, 09:58 AM   #68
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why wouldn't they have taken Quicksilver with them? His powers were almost unstoppable.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:00 AM   #69
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quicksilver moves at the speed of sound. Not near the speed of light as they made it seem in the movie.

They over powered him.
Wastedyouth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:38 AM   #70
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
Quicksilver moves at the speed of sound. Not near the speed of light as they made it seem in the movie.

They over powered him.
Is this an actual thought you had?

Don't be such a nerd.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:00 PM   #71
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Is this an actual thought you had?

Don't be such a nerd.
Yes.
Wastedyouth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:09 PM   #72
TSXCman
First Line Centre

Exp:

I went to the movie this afternoon and would actually give it about a 6/10.

I'm a huge marvel fan and have enjoyed a lot of the movies so far except for avengers.

It was too much mystique, and her character isn't that good this time around. I think first class was a 9/10 and was amazing except for the corny parts with the kids. Magneto and professor x were just not that strong in this movie. I also think they got carried away with Magneto's powers. Why not keep it simple??? Like him bending bullets out a window when it is out of his line of vision but he is accurate still? Or putting steel into a non metallic sentinal all of a suddon makes them obey him and changes their programming? Just silly stuff. Think about how good of a job they did with magnetos powers in first class... The Nazi in the bar scene and such.
TSXCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:05 AM   #73
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

That scene in the bar was when he was relatively young. In First Class he struggled with that Submarine and anchor Shaw was getting away in. Magneto has typically been a very powerful mutant and it's been ten+ years between Days of Future Past and their first outing. His power has only gotten stronger.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:05 AM   #74
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSXCman View Post
I went to the movie this afternoon and would actually give it about a 6/10.

I'm a huge marvel fan and have enjoyed a lot of the movies so far except for avengers.

It was too much mystique, and her character isn't that good this time around. I think first class was a 9/10 and was amazing except for the corny parts with the kids. Magneto and professor x were just not that strong in this movie. I also think they got carried away with Magneto's powers. Why not keep it simple??? Like him bending bullets out a window when it is out of his line of vision but he is accurate still? Or putting steel into a non metallic sentinal all of a suddon makes them obey him and changes their programming? Just silly stuff. Think about how good of a job they did with magnetos powers in first class... The Nazi in the bar scene and such.
Just a couple things. He didn't hit Mystique with accuracy, he was trying to kill her.

At the beginning of first class Magneto couldn't even move a satellite dish, and by the end was lifting submarines out of the water and stopping a barrage of missiles and bullets, it makes sense that his powers will continue to evolve.

He controls all things magnetism, that also includes electromagnitism (electricity), so yeah it does make sense that he would be able to affect the programming of the Sentinels by thinning out the metal enough to get into the electronics of it. Even if he couldn't affect the electronics, he could control their actions just by moving the metal.

I will say that after thinking about it, Professer X was pretty lame comparatively, but I think that was the idea for his character in this film.