CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CofR For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 08:41 PM   #3002
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord700 View Post
What course did you get a membership from? Golf is like that one day I play well and one day I couldn't hit a lick. I stop caring why this happens and just come back the next day as a new person.
I went with Priddis. The not hitting straight is a particular problem there, but it's really excellent.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 10:11 PM   #3003
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
golf is like that one day i play well and one day i couldn't hit a lick. I stop caring why this happens and just come back the next hole as a new person.

fyp...
Old 07-02-2020, 10:14 PM   #3004
darklord700
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I went with Priddis. The not hitting straight is a particular problem there, but it's really excellent.
Great choice. If I lived in the south, I would certainly join Priddis. But from the North, going to Priddis is like going to Banff. BTW, if you got some good guest rate, I'll join you for a round.
darklord700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to darklord700 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2020, 10:19 PM   #3005
sec304
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm playing Woodside in Airdrie tomorrow. It should be in good shape after all of this rain
sec304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 04:34 AM   #3006
Morning Wood
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I never thought I had it in me, but I have broken par on 18 holes for the first time! Shot a 71 (-1) on Canada Day at my home course, and had never shot better than +2 previously. Golf being what it is, I shot a 91 the next day. The average of both days is basically what I normally shoot, crazy how this game works.
Morning Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Morning Wood For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2020, 04:40 AM   #3007
Morning Wood
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Great choice. If I lived in the south, I would certainly join Priddis. But from the North, going to Priddis is like going to Banff. BTW, if you got some good guest rate, I'll join you for a round.
Hawk and Raven courses at Priddis are the best tracks in the Calgary area, in my humble opinion. Got the same issue as Darklord in that I live in the NW, but would happily join Priddis if living in the SW.

If a foursome needs to be filled, would happily join any round there
Morning Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Morning Wood For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2020, 06:50 AM   #3008
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

I live on the west side and once the ring road is open to 22x am seriously considering joining Priddis. Priddis and Canyon Meadows are the best courses in Calgary imo
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malcolmk14 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-03-2020, 06:58 AM   #3009
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
I live on the west side and once the ring road is open to 22x am seriously considering joining Priddis. Priddis and Canyon Meadows are the best courses in Calgary imo
Part of the attraction for Priddis (aside from the courses and facilities) is that they don't restrict tee times. Other clubs seem to have restrictions based on your membership or for couples or that kind of thing. Priddis treats all members the same and that's a big deal to me. I've heard of other clubs where members basically can't get on this year with the different kinds of memberships or couples who can't book times together or whatever. That wasn't going to fly in my household.

And for me, once that ring road is complete it probably shaves about 10 minutes off the drive, which will be great. I feel like a few extra minutes isn't a big deal at this point (you're going golfing, after all), but that will make it better.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 08:25 AM   #3010
2ArmBands
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Priddis is great... I gave it strong consideration but a bit of a longer drive than I would like and the shortened season are the only knocks I could find. Luckily a buddy of mine is a member so I still get out a couple times a year. I see memberships are like 15k there right now... certainly the time to get in.
2ArmBands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 05:38 PM   #3011
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is it just me or are tee times exceptionally hard to come by this year? I have played once this year and had to go to Apple Creek because I just haven't been able to get a decent tee time close to home.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 06:06 PM   #3012
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Is it just me or are tee times exceptionally hard to come by this year? I have played once this year and had to go to Apple Creek because I just haven't been able to get a decent tee time close to home.
Yeah, it's been tough. A few weeks ago I couldn't get on anywhere on a Monday while trying to book on Thursday, it's been insane. A couple courses laughed like I was trying to book a sunny Friday afternoon on Friday morning. We're talking Monday, which was formerly "we'll practically pay you to fill up tee times" day pre-covid.

One of those courses that laughed was Apple Creek.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2020, 06:12 PM   #3013
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Extremely hard. I'm on VIP and we are booking rounds on course that will let us on Tuesday for Sunday.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:35 AM   #3014
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

what are peoples thoughts on the Tooth of the Dog Pound. we used to play Water Valley back in the day but never did play the dog pound?
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 12:12 PM   #3015
Skip2mylou
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
what are peoples thoughts on the Tooth of the Dog Pound. we used to play Water Valley back in the day but never did play the dog pound?
I played there a couple of weeks ago, It's good value for the cost my only complaints are 2 holes on the front 9 are on temp greens. But otherwise there's enough variety to keep things interesting, lots of dog legs both ways, and the back to back driveable Par 4s were fun.
Skip2mylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 12:13 PM   #3016
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip2mylou View Post
I played there a couple of weeks ago, It's good value for the cost my only complaints are 2 holes on the front 9 are on temp greens. But otherwise there's enough variety to keep things interesting, lots of dog legs both ways, and the back to back driveable Par 4s were fun.
Thanks, was thinking of doing back to back Water Valley/Dog Pound rounds. dont like the idea of temps but likely not a huge deal
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:03 PM   #3017
sec304
First Line Centre

Exp:

I played Blue Devil on Friday. We walked it, it was a gorgeous night. It's a long course and those sand traps are tricky (luckily I was only in the sand twice), but it's a fun one. It was mostly in great shape but some of the greens were bald in a few spots, difficult and fast greens too
sec304 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sec304 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2020, 01:31 PM   #3018
StevenAbootman
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sec304 View Post
I played Blue Devil on Friday. We walked it, it was a gorgeous night. It's a long course and those sand traps are tricky (luckily I was only in the sand twice), but it's a fun one. It was mostly in great shape but some of the greens were bald in a few spots, difficult and fast greens too
I have never played Blue Devil before and have some friends coming to town for a few days next week and was wondering if it would be worth trying. Sounds like it might be worth trying out.

I played Inglewood on Friday and the course is in fantastic shape and was an easy walk. Easily my best round of the year so far.
StevenAbootman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StevenAbootman For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2020, 01:44 PM   #3019
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenAbootman View Post
I have never played Blue Devil before and have some friends coming to town for a few days next week and was wondering if it would be worth trying. Sounds like it might be worth trying out.

I played Inglewood on Friday and the course is in fantastic shape and was an easy walk. Easily my best round of the year so far.
Pretty pricey for what it is, but if cost is no object then it's a nice track. They seem to struggle with their greens a lot for some reason, though.

Make sure it's a nice day for Blue Devil. They're in the valley beside the river so you get exaggerated cold and wind if it's a cold and/or windy day.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 09:35 PM   #3020
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have not played blue devil in a couple of years but at the time my thought was that the relatively open fairways made it easy to recover errant tee shots.

Deep punishing sand traps and some difficult greens to manage.

Overall a cut above heatherglen. My south favourite is sirocco.

Tags
net5 , punch out , royal boulder , tpc fox hollow