Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2017, 09:52 PM   #621
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

Looks like the JaMarcus era of raider football tonight
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:55 PM   #622
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

So the Redskins stop 40 point Rams and 40 Raiders. Maybe their D is good

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:16 AM   #623
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Carr took the blame which as a leader is the right move, and he didn't play well

But the offensive linemen played as bad as anytime in the last 3 years, he was getting rid of the ball at record time in games 1/2 so it's not like he holds the ballntoo long, but he had absolutely no time today

Have to be back to normal next week against Miller and Denver's defense
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:02 AM   #624
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
So the Redskins stop 40 point Rams and 40 Raiders. Maybe their D is good
Haha, does that mean Wentz is good?
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2017, 06:48 AM   #625
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_baby_burn View Post
Anyone else using DAZN to watch NFL games? I was forced to watch the Chiefs game on it today and the whole experience was mentally taxing. Wouldn't work on the TV, so I started on my iPad. Froze up there so I switched to my labtop. Got the spinning wheel of death so I switched to my iPhone. Got it to work on the tv from my iPhone momentarily with airdrop. Kept freezimg up so I switched back to my phone with a 30 second lag in audio from the video. Very frustrating experience, if I have to deal with this every week, I might have to find another way to spend my Sunday afternoons.
I have been only using it on TV but it was actually decent last week but lots of issues this week. The Broncos/Bills game was fuzzy nearly the entire time and NFL red zone was garbage. I can't believe the NFL would allow it's product to be handled this bad. I guess this kind of shows that they really don't care much about their Canadian fans and are fine using us as some kind of experiment to see where they are at with streaming services.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2017, 08:03 AM   #626
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dazn is a joke, its the worst thing to happen to the NFL watching experience. I get the intent, but they just jumped in. They didnt even have a season to experiment with maybe do a Dazn and a regular Sunday Ticket for one year so Dazn could work out all the kinks. How many more years does Dazy have the rights?

Do you know what isn't a joke? The Titans! Mariotta going to take this team to playoffs, it's been so long since there last playoff win I'm starting to forget.
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:28 AM   #627
Spuds_Buckley
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_baby_burn View Post
Anyone else using DAZN to watch NFL games? I was forced to watch the Chiefs game on it today and the whole experience was mentally taxing. Wouldn't work on the TV, so I started on my iPad. Froze up there so I switched to my labtop. Got the spinning wheel of death so I switched to my iPhone. Got it to work on the tv from my iPhone momentarily with airdrop. Kept freezimg up so I switched back to my phone with a 30 second lag in audio from the video. Very frustrating experience, if I have to deal with this every week, I might have to find another way to spend my Sunday afternoons.
I have DAZN and it works fine on my PC and iPad. Unfortunately, the device I want it to work on, my Samsung SmartTV, has been nothing but problems. I get the game working for a few seconds, and then the audio and video just slows down and becomes all choppy to the point I can't watch it. I guess I need to decide what to do: cancel in the next week so I don't get charged or try and stick it out for the season and watch on my other devices.
Spuds_Buckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:20 AM   #628
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Yay Titans!
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:46 AM   #629
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Rough game for Darren Sproles yesterday.

Broken arm AND a torn ACL. Done for the season, which is to bad as he is fun to watch.

3 time SB winner with the Patriots Matt Light, is now "ashamed" to be associated with them because a bunch of guys took a knee yesterday during the anthem. Showing how divisive the issue is I guess.
Quote:
"As a guy that's been there and helped set up the Patriot Way so they can walk in there and do what they do, it's beyond disheartening," offensive tackle Matt Light told the Boston Herald. "It's the first time I've ever been ashamed to be a Patriot. And I promise you I'm not the only one."

"Nobody can force anybody to do anything in a situation like that. If he chooses to do it, he's going to do it," Light told the Herald. "But I'm going to tell you this much, with the amount of preparation and attention to detail, and all the things that happen in that organization, I'm really surprised that it wasn't dealt with so it didn’t get to that point."

Last edited by transplant99; 09-25-2017 at 10:49 AM.
transplant99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to transplant99 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2017, 12:24 PM   #630
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Haha, does that mean Wentz is good?
I think it means that most NFL teams are not very consistent from week to week, and that what you see in week one really has no relevance come playoff time.

Two weeks into the season there were 10 teams without a loss. After this week it's only 2, and only one of the games yesterday had two undefeated teams playing each other.

You always cynical and disgruntled Iggle fans can't be too hateful to the start of the season can you? The Giants are 0-3, they'll be lucky to rally to a 8-8 season. Dallas has not looked good yet. I think their offensive line isn't the powerhouse it was last year, and with teams having film on Dak Prescott, they know the adjustments they need to make. So I think they've fallen back. You already have a road win in Washington. Eagles seem in a decent position to contend for the Division.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:24 PM   #631
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
Are you kidding me? So by your logic, every player that doesn't attempt to help the opposing player up should be given a flag then. Meaning there should practically be a flag for every play then.
Von Miller even said he's gotta be smarter than that. He cost his team and he owned it. Said he was goofing around but that it was the right call and he shouldn't have done it.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:52 PM   #632
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Whoa we have some Titans fans on here....love it. My buddy(Seahawks fan) went to the game yesterday. I was jealous as I have yet to go to game.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:29 PM   #633
Bawbag
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Cardinals playing well

Go cards
Bawbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:33 PM   #634
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawbag View Post
Cardinals playing well

Go cards
Somehow they're only up 7. Seems like this game is far close than it should be.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:08 PM   #635
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Holy crap Fitz.

He is a freak. Still.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:09 PM   #636
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

2 terrible challenges in a row haha.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:19 PM   #637
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow, that was a crazy TD by Dallas.

Edit: almost a TD.

Last edited by calgarygeologist; 09-25-2017 at 09:21 PM.
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:48 PM   #638
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does Arians realize he needed a FG and a TD?
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:54 PM   #639
Bawbag
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

And once again the cards find a way to lose
Bawbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:47 AM   #640
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
Whoa we have some Titans fans on here....love it. My buddy(Seahawks fan) went to the game yesterday. I was jealous as I have yet to go to game.
I thought I was the only one. I went to a game in 2010, bought tickets to the season finale when they were in first place in the division.......then Vince Young left the team and the same tickets I purchased were about half price. It's been so long since I was excited for this team almost 10 years since that magical 2008 season. I'm still bitter the Ravens injured CJ2K that was our year!

Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote