Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2020, 10:57 AM   #1281
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I'm not sure what I find more concerning, the content of those posts or that you spent your time mining those posts.
It was surprisingly easy. I just searched the username and keyword "story".

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 11-22-2020 at 10:53 AM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 11:07 AM   #1282
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
It was surprisingly easy. I just searched the username and keyword "story".

I recall the first time OMGWTF posted that big long story (the first quote). It was quite a memorable post. But I've been highly skeptical of everything he/she posted since then. Not that I mind, there are some crazy good stories in there and I don't really care if they're true, including this one about the police. I'm an internet veteran, I assume at least 50% of what I read is outright false and the other 50% is hyperbole and exaggeration.
I’ve disagreed with a lot of your posts in the past but wanted to say I appreciate when any poster calls out a poster on their questionable posting history and are able to back it up. For two reasons, one it helps to filter out the garbage posts and two it sometimes leads to things like that epic PIMKing thread a few years back where he was outed as a scam artist.

The fact that you’re playing message board police in the CPS thread is also a nice touch. Well done.
iggy_oi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 11:13 AM   #1283
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
I’ve disagreed with a lot of your posts in the past but wanted to say I appreciate when any poster calls out a poster on their questionable posting history and are able to back it up. For two reasons, one it helps to filter out the garbage posts and two it sometimes leads to things like that epic PIMKing thread a few years back where he was outed as a scam artist.

The fact that you’re playing message board police in the CPS thread is also a nice touch. Well done.
Thread policing is more like going into the trade rumour thread anytime the conversation gets slightly off track and saying "SO??? ANY TRADES????"

This is private eye stuff, sleuthing, regular gumshoe, a simpsons obsessed bloodhound, if you will.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 12:00 PM   #1284
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Thread policing is more like going into the trade rumour thread anytime the conversation gets slightly off track and saying "SO??? ANY TRADES????"

This is private eye stuff, sleuthing, regular gumshoe, a simpsons obsessed bloodhound, if you will.
Whatever you wanna call what he’s doing I’m ok with it.

Maybe we should start a pool for which posters we think will be caught for their “inconsistency” next.
Old 11-04-2020, 12:09 PM   #1285
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't believe that story but damn some of you have too much time on your hands. People making up stuff on the internet is a common pastime although maybe not this obvious.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 12:23 PM   #1286
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I don't believe that story but damn some of you have too much time on your hands. People making up stuff on the internet is a common pastime although maybe not this obvious.
Oh great now the “free time police” are here too.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2020, 12:25 PM   #1287
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I don't believe that story but damn some of you have too much time on your hands. Lying on the internet happens a lot although maybe not this obvious a lot of the time.
There’s probably lot of things happen on the internet that aren’t good, doesn’t mean people have to condone it though.
Old 11-04-2020, 02:25 PM   #1288
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, back on track.

Is anyone shocked?

Cst. Dunn being internally investigated by CPS after photo of Dunn in blackface surfaces during tenure as a CPS officer
Patek23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 10:11 AM   #1289
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Let's acknowledge the good as well as the bad

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local...r-homeless-man

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2020, 10:16 AM   #1290
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Let's acknowledge the good as well as the bad

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local...r-homeless-man
Its not even about 'Good and Bad' per se.

I think the issue at the forefront of people's concerns is 'institutional rot.'

I like the 'few bad apples' analogy personally. I just think its wrong. I think there are many good apples in a rotten barrel.

"All it takes for Evil to be victorious is for good men to do nothing."

And we've put them in a position where they'll be penalized for doing something.

This is an untenable system that was basically designed to fail.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2020, 10:43 PM   #1291
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not that they didn’t do something kind but that whole thing reeks of PR stunt right after the black face incident which is getting international exposure.
Patek23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Patek23 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2020, 07:05 PM   #1292
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

https://www.facebook.com/crackmacs/p...68929319788808

Don't know how to link directly to the video, and of course it has a lot of questions like, why are they only starting to record after the gun is drawn, what happened before that and seriously why is he not getting out of the car???
aaronck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 07:15 PM   #1293
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

There's nothing that can justify the police actions in that situation. He clearly escalated it in anger. If you're pointing a gun at someone, you need your emotions under check and should be able to take a minute to explain what's happening calmly before resorting to f bombs and respect-my-authority-small-dick syndrome.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 07:20 PM   #1294
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://www.660citynews.com/2020/11/...street-checks/

I do like that they're implementing policies due to systemic racism the same day they're out pointing guns at an Indigenous person while refusing to have a simple conversation about it.
Old 11-19-2020, 07:50 PM   #1295
underGRADFlame
Lives In Fear Of Labelling

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
There's nothing that can justify the police actions in that situation. He clearly escalated it in anger. If you're pointing a gun at someone, you need your emotions under check and should be able to take a minute to explain what's happening calmly before resorting to f bombs and respect-my-authority-small-dick syndrome.
underGRADFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to underGRADFlame For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2020, 08:05 PM   #1296
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have enough information needed to make a conclusion on how this officer sucks.

The cop has his gun drawn. The guy is ready to book it. It's an extremely dangerous situation. Instead of trying to deescalate it like he should be, the cop becomes aggressive. He's not just putting the driver and passenger at risk, but if they speed off, he's putting pedestrians and other vehicles at risk. Why not take another minute to explain the situation to the driver? Another hour? Where's the harm in doing that?

I don't give a #### what the other guy did. CPS needs to do better at training their cops to not escalate situations and this ####ty officer clearly did.
Old 11-19-2020, 08:13 PM   #1297
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you're watching that video and thinking "Yeah, a cop with his gun drawn should start yelling profanities while the arrestee is just asking for information with his hands up" then you're part of the problem. Stop excusing their actions when they are so obviously terrible. CPS should be able to control their emotions and take all the time needed to deescalate the situation, that needs to be the absolute bare minimum we expect from our officers.
Old 11-19-2020, 08:24 PM   #1298
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
I thought OMG!WTF! was a she, or at least played one on CP.

Cecil are you saying that it’s unlikely their posts which seem to indicate they’ve lead one of the most unique and interesting lives ever but for some reason haven’t been able to find anything better to do these past few years but post about it on a hockey message board aren’t being embellished or made up?
Wait a minute...... they were not talking about unions? What are you doing here?

I’m kidding... well, kinda. You are obsessed with unions. It’s funny though.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:24 PM   #1299
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
Wait a minute...... they were not talking about unions? What are you doing here?

I’m kidding... well, kinda. You are obsessed with unions. It’s funny though.
I only bring them up because I know how much it brightens your day to get a break from the echo chambers that some of the political threads turn into from time to time on this forum.
Old 11-20-2020, 11:29 PM   #1300
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not sure how to post a Twitter photo, but here's CPS' response to the window-breaking video:

WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post: