Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-08-2019, 11:44 AM   #81
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Flatus View Post
Just wow. I think you need to take a vacation and relax. There's a long list of players that say or have said things just as bad, if not worse than that so I find it quite odd that you take such offense to Kyrgios saying his buddy slept with Wawrinka's girlfriend??

Kyrgios has issues and needs to get himself sorted out - tanking matches is not defensible at all, people play good money to see high quality tennis. However, you make it seem like every time he plays he tanks. Believe it or not, he wins more than he loses so it's pretty off base to suggest he's doing it all the time.

He's great for tennis because he generates a ton of attention and isn't afraid to go for shots. You take the good with the bad with this guy and I'd take him over some of the mindless robots that populate the tour so long as he's not clocking out on matches.
Woah. can't believe I missed this post and your lack of reply of how a guy who HATES tennis is good for tennis! hahah

Crashes out of the top 50 and is unseeded for his home grand slam. He doesn't care. Tweets that Hewitt abandoned him and then deletes the tweet and says it's a joke. Fellow dbag Tomic hopes he takes their match seriously(jesus effing).

Played more basketball then tennis all throughout the Xmas break and was in no position to play competitive tennis to start the year. Great spokesperson for the sport! hahahaha
Eff Kyprios. He'll be lucky to win 2 matches at the open.

His biggest career moment is working on a shoe with Kyrie Irving.. hahaha
http://www.tennisnow.com/Blogs/NET-P...ing-In-Oz.aspx

Last edited by Johnny Makarov; 01-08-2019 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:38 PM   #82
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Woah. can't believe I missed this post and your lack of reply of how a guy who HATES tennis is good for tennis! hahah

Crashes out of the top 50 and is unseeded for his home grand slam. He doesn't care. Tweets that Hewitt abandoned him and then deletes the tweet and says it's a joke. Fellow dbag Tomic hopes he takes their match seriously(jesus effing).

Played more basketball then tennis all throughout the Xmas break and was in no position to play competitive tennis to start the year. Great spokesperson for the sport! hahahaha
Eff Kyprios. He'll be lucky to win 2 matches at the open.

His biggest career moment is working on a shoe with Kyrie Irving.. hahaha
http://www.tennisnow.com/Blogs/NET-P...ing-In-Oz.aspx
You're spinning into a vortex of personal bias that is blinding you from reality. You don't even offer any insight as to why you are making these very Kyrgios like statements yourself beyond grandstanding on headlines.

Kyrgios holds a 34-21 record at slams for his career and is 88-46 for his career on hard-courts. Nothing has changed in his regimen since last year or the year before to suggest he's now going to become irrelevant lol.

The only reason he's out of the top 50 is because he missed a ton of time to injury last year and lost his ranking. Even a completely disengaged Kyrgios is a legitimate top 25 player on tour and there isn't an informed tennis fan out there that would disagree with that.

People enjoy players like Kyrgios in every sport out there. They are unpredictable and have the ability to beat anyone (despite lack of commitment). If you can't see that as a positive for the sport that is full of robots, you surely don't have much of a grasp on what sells tickets and ultimately generates revenue for the tour. Everyone enjoys the jerks to some degree whether they admit it or not.

Last edited by Hot_Flatus; 01-08-2019 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:43 PM   #83
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You're spinning into a vortex of personal bias that is blinding you from reality. You don't even offer any insight as to why you are making these very Kyrgios like statements yourself beyond grandstanding on headlines.

The only reason he's out of the top 50 is because he missed a ton of time to injury last year and lost his ranking. Even a completely disengaged Kyrgios is a legitimate top 25 player on tour and there isn't an informed tennis fan out there that would disagree with that.

People enjoy players like Kyrgios in every sport out there. They are unpredictable and have the ability to beat anyone (despite lack of commitment). If you can't see that as a positive for the sport that is full of robots, you surely don't have much of a grasp on what sells tickets and ultimately generates revenue for the tour. Everyone likes the jerks whether they admit it or not.

Kyrgios holds a 34-21 record at slams for his career and is 88-46 for his career on hard-courts. Nothing has changed in his regimen since last year or the year before to suggest he's now going to become irrelevant lol.
The dude hates tennis, mentions it multiple times. Admits he only does it because it makes him money. How the hell is he good for tennis? Even Aussie fans are tired of him. 99/100 people will take Robot Federer over him. He is a stain for the sport. There isn't even anything to defend.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:47 PM   #84
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
The dude hates tennis, mentions it multiple times. Admits he only does it because it makes him money. How the hell is he good for tennis? Even Aussie fans are tired of him. 99/100 people will take Robot Federer over him. He is a stain for the sport. There isn't even anything to defend.
Whether he loves tennis or not is irrelevant. Whether people like him or not is irrelevant. Andre Agassi has said many times he couldn't stand tennis for years. It doesn't matter.

What is relevant is that you seem to think HE is irrelevant and will be off the tour imminently. He doesn't care and he acts like a dick but he's still a big draw and get's results. I couldn't care less and am really not even defending him. I'm taking exception to a silly statement you made about him being being kicked off tour and plummeting down the rankings.

Last edited by Hot_Flatus; 01-08-2019 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:48 PM   #85
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

People enjoy players like Kyrgios in every sport out there. They are unpredictable and have the ability to beat anyone
(despite lack of commitment). If you can't see that as a positive for the sport that is full of robots, you surely don't have much of a grasp on what sells tickets and ultimately generates revenue for the tour. Everyone enjoys the jerks to some degree whether they admit it or not.
Total BS.

Quote:
In the 21 Grand Slams he’s played altogether, Kyrgios has only beaten two top 10 players, Rafael Nadal and Milos Raonic at Wimbledon 2014 and 2015. Since then, check out the rankings of the opponents he has beaten at the Major events:
68, 41, 124, 123, 121, 85, 21, 77, 71, 77, 43, 98, 65, 15, 92, 43, 95, 75.

18 wins in total, with 13 being against players outside the top 70 (72%) and just the two against players inside the top 40 (11%).
Quote:
R3, QF, R1, R3, R3, R2, R1. Do you know what that is? You probably don’t, but those are Nick Kyrgios’ last seven results at official events.

Despite all this, four years on from his Wimbledon quarterfinal run, we still constantly hear praise for him such as:
“Good for tennis”
“One of the most talented players ever”
“Colorful”
“Future No. 1”
“Future Grand Slam champion”
“Top five serve of all time”
(All real quotes from tennis analysts)
https://lastwordontennis.com/2018/10...yer-out-there/
Old 01-08-2019, 01:01 PM   #86
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
The fact you're bringing up wins against opponents at majors outside of the "top 70"??? at a major shows you're now grasping at straws....That's what a major is man.

Cherry picking events to suit your argument is pretty weak but I can do that too lol. Kyrgios made the 4th round in Melbourne last season. He also went to at least the QF in 4 events (Semi finals 2x and finals 1 time) you conveniently left off your list outside of the last 7 events.

https://www.atptour.com/en/players/n...x-atp-win-loss

Last edited by Hot_Flatus; 01-08-2019 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-08-2019, 01:15 PM   #87
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Speaking of Kyrgios, he will be taking on Tomic the Tank Engine on Wednesday in Melbourne:

The pair will meet for the first time when they square off in the Kooyong Classic exhibition tournament in Melbourne on Wednesday.

While both have declared there's no animosity between them, Tomic added some spice ahead of the match saying Kyrgios is "mentally struggling".

"We're good friends and it's good for us to play — he's needing it more than anything because he's a little bit mentally struggling right now," the 26-year-old said after his opening Kooyong win over American Jack Sock.

World number 85 Tomic said he hoped the hard-hitting Kyrgios, ranked 51, would take the match seriously as they fine-tuned their Melbourne Park preparations.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-...assic/10699920
Old 01-08-2019, 02:06 PM   #88
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The fact you're bringing up wins against opponents at majors outside of the "top 70"??? at a major shows you're now grasping at straws....That's what a major is man.

Cherry picking events to suit your argument is pretty weak but I can do that too lol. Kyrgios made the 4th round in Melbourne last season. He also went to at least the QF in 4 events (Semi finals 2x and finals 1 time) you conveniently left off your list outside of the last 7 events.

https://www.atptour.com/en/players/n...x-atp-win-loss
Your point was that he is awesome and unpredictable and that he can beat ANY player at any time! Well he can't and not just against good players. hahaha and i didn't cherry pick, i just copied and pasted the first and 3 paragraphs of that article. and not sure what your point is about the top 70. Those were his results from the past 21 Grand Slam tournaments he played in. He can't beat anyone good is the main point of that article.

So lets see how the bball superstar did in 2018 in all his matches.
He beat THREE players seeded higher than him all 2018! and they weren't even great players.

(17)Kyrgios d. (15)Jo Wilfried Tsonga [FRA] Aus Open
(4)Kyrgios d. (8)Feliciano Lopez [ESP] Stuttgart (on grass)
Kyrgios d. (7)Kyle Edmund [GBR] London

He crashed out twice in the 1st round to qualifiers
73 Cameron Norrie [GBR] d. (2)Kyrgios Atlanta
Q)Bradley Klahn [USA] d. Kyrgios Shanghai

and ended up losing every single match to a better player.

(3)Grigor Dimitrov [BUL] d. (17)Kyrgios
(4)Alexander Zverev [GER] d. (17)Kyrgios
Ivo Karlovic [CRO] d. (4)Kyrgios
(1)Roger Federer [SUI] d. (4)Kyrgios
(1)Marin Cilic [CRO] d. Kyrgios
(24)Kei Nishikori [JPN] d. (15)Kyrgios
WC)Stanislas Wawrinka [SUI] d. (16)Kyrgios
(4)Juan Martin Del Potro [ARG] d. (15)Kyrgios
(2)Roger Federer [SUI] d. (30)Kyrgios
Jeremy Chardy [FRA] d. (8)Kyrgios

I mean sure he is entertaining to some people. Just like how some people like Burrows biting fingers and Marchand licking people's faces and Kesler daydreaming about Backes' wife. Doesn't mean they are good for the sport.

and who could forget Kyprios's biggest impact on tennis in 2018! hahaha
He got an umpire suspended for 2 tournaments! what a jackass! haha
Quote:
Umpire Mohamed Lahyani has been suspended from his next two scheduled tournaments for trying to encourage Nick Kyrgios during a match at the US Open.

Lahyani took the unusual step of climbing down from his chair and having a lengthy chat with the Australian during the second-round match against Pierre-Hugues Herbert, when Kyrgios was showing little effort as he trailed by a set and 3-0 down.

The umpire was heard to say: “I want to help you. You are great for tennis. I know this is not you.”
Old 01-08-2019, 02:09 PM   #89
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
Speaking of Kyrgios, he will be taking on Tomic the Tank Engine on Wednesday in Melbourne:

The pair will meet for the first time when they square off in the Kooyong Classic exhibition tournament in Melbourne on Wednesday.

While both have declared there's no animosity between them, Tomic added some spice ahead of the match saying Kyrgios is "mentally struggling".

"We're good friends and it's good for us to play — he's needing it more than anything because he's a little bit mentally struggling right now," the 26-year-old said after his opening Kooyong win over American Jack Sock.

World number 85 Tomic said he hoped the hard-hitting Kyrgios, ranked 51, would take the match seriously as they fine-tuned their Melbourne Park preparations.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-...assic/10699920
The Tomic tank engine hoping kyprios takes it seriously. Bizarro effing world!
Old 01-09-2019, 08:17 AM   #90
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Canadians went 3-3 on qualifying matches, Felix, Peter, and Bianca are through, Rebecca, Katherine, and Brayden are out.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1082885459909451776
Old 01-09-2019, 08:45 AM   #91
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tomic ended up beating Kyrgios with the following serve...

https://twitter.com/user/status/1082936625234092033
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2019, 08:57 AM   #92
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good for the sport!!.... hahaha

At least when Michael Chang did it, he was in the finals of a Grand Slam, not playing some fellow Aussie scrub in a meaningless match.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:15 PM   #93
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good lord.

Seek help.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 01-09-2019, 03:51 PM   #94
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Folks, qualifying matches are being streamed on the Aussie Open site via the following link:

https://ausopen.com/watch#!live

Felix is scheduled to go at 4 PM mountain time on Court 7.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:26 PM   #95
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well rats, Eubanks dispatched Felix in straight sets 7-6 6-3.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:23 PM   #96
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Polansky is through to the 3rd round of qualifying where he will lose to Kokkinakkis.

The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2019, 10:10 PM   #97
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Polansky is through to the 3rd round of qualifying where he will lose to Kokkinakkis.
and then proceed to get into his 5th consecutive grand slam as a lucky loser.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:07 AM   #98
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bianca is into the final round of qualifying with a 6-4 6-1 straight sets win.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:11 AM   #99
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1083263925263699969

https://twitter.com/user/status/1083264655202680832
The Following User Says Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2019, 07:41 AM   #100
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

If Milos wins his first round match he gets Stanimal in the 2nd round. Just a brutal draw for him.
Closed Thread