Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2023, 12:44 PM   #3081
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Pronger on his memories of what happened to him

Quote:
“It brought back some memories,” said Pronger, the 48-year-old Hall of Fame hockey player. And some things he hadn’t remembered.

When Pronger woke up Tuesday morning, he went into his personal film library and pulled out the video of the night he collapsed on the ice in Detroit — when he took a slapshot to the chest — lost consciousness during a Stanley Cup playoff game, needed to have his heart revived all in a matter of seconds that he still isn’t completely clear about.

Article content
“I saw some things watching that I didn’t remember,” said Pronger on the phone. “A couple of things are emblazed in my head. I remember blocking a shot. I remember feeling the jolt of the puck hitting my heart and the incredible pain involved with that. I don’t remember much more than that.

“I’m in Detroit. I’m lying on the ice and in my head, I’m telling myself to ‘Get up, get up.’ You can’t let them see you like this. That’s what I’m thinking. And by that point, I’d already blacked out.

“The next thing I knew I woke up, you’re just coming to, my jersey was cut off, I wasn’t aware of much, some of my equipment was off, I’m looking up at the retired jersey banners and I don’t know what to think. I glanced over to the bench and players were crying, Hully (Brett Hull) was crying. At that moment, no one knows what’s going to happen. I think it speaks to the magnitude of the situation. Yes, it’s a game, those Red Wings would go to win the Cup that year. There was a lot of bad blood between those teams. A lot of hatred and dislike between those teams. But at that moment, there’s a little bit of humanity and understanding of what could have happened. And I’m thinking about my pride. You want to get up, but you can’t.

“I got to the hospital and they monitored me to see if my heart was going to do anything odd,” said Pronger. “And then I flew home the next afternoon.” He was given a heart monitor to wear for 24 hours. He was given some treadmill exercises to do in front of his physician. “I went home and prepared like I was going to play the next game.

“I went to the doctor’s office at noon. She did a few more tests. They took the monitor off at 24 hours and looked at the results. She said I could play if I wanted to … I got hurt in Game 2 in Detroit and actually played Game 3 in St. Louis.”
https://torontosun.com/sports/hockey...n-circumstance
Old 01-03-2023, 01:05 PM   #3082
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
wont be played this week... it's hard to see when it would be played.
Strictly talking football, the only scenario that exists where it's not a particularly meaningful game is if KC wins and both Buffalo and Cincinnati lose next weekend. Then the Bills/Bengals game is for 2/3 seed only. I think
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 01:26 PM   #3083
Dozer
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
The difference I see in the Pronger shot and this is that Pronger was moving while being taken off the ice on the stretcher you can see him move his hands, Hamlin looked in bad shape from the get go and the reports said he was not breathing on his own.

And yes the vaccine garbage is all over twitter. Myocarditis was trending this morning and all the tweets are as disgusting as you think. Why do all these anti vaccine scumbags look the same as well.

A person almost died on the field last night, and the first thing that pops into some ones head is to tweet about vaccines?
Well it's kind of obvious that Pronger must have got the experimental mrna flu vaccine that they were testing on mice and nhl athletes in the 90s. The Trudeaus were known to own shares in Purina based in St.louis who have a secret experimental animal lab. Michel Trudeau died in a mysterious "avalanche" in 1998 , the same year as the Pronger incident , as he was going to go public.

Not sure how to green text
Dozer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dozer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2023, 01:34 PM   #3084
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
Strictly talking football, the only scenario that exists where it's not a particularly meaningful game is if KC wins and both Buffalo and Cincinnati lose next weekend. Then the Bills/Bengals game is for 2/3 seed only. I think
If cincy looses to Baltimore the Ravens would win the division without Cincy playing their game as they have the tie breaker
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason14h For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2023, 01:42 PM   #3085
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
wont be played this week... it's hard to see when it would be played.
Play this game instead of the Pro Bowl BS skills comp they have planned. Just for the bookies and fantasy football people because this game getting nixed ruined their bets/pools.

Assuming neither of these teams make the Super Bowl that is.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 01:43 PM   #3086
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

The issue is the playoff seeding implications that this game holds .

What’s the best scenario for NFL this week , KC wins , Cincy Win, Buff win? ? Then the game doesn’t really matter much
Old 01-03-2023, 01:45 PM   #3087
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just do a Madden 23 simulation
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 01:46 PM   #3088
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
What’s funny is you could telecast it and it actually might make the most sense
Old 01-03-2023, 01:46 PM   #3089
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Better yet, let each team appoint a champion and have those two players square off in a game of madden. Televised with live commentary from Buck and Herbstreit of course.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2023, 01:47 PM   #3090
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

When they do resume the game would they start it off at 0-0 or a 7-3 Cincy lead?
Old 01-03-2023, 01:50 PM   #3091
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

The thing with restarting the game is your effectively give every other NFL team a bye that week . So I can’t see Cincy or Buffalo wanting that even if they can increase their playoff seed . Maybe Buffalo for the 1st seed and the bye .
Old 01-03-2023, 01:55 PM   #3092
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
The issue is the playoff seeding implications that this game holds .

What’s the best scenario for NFL this week , KC wins , Cincy Win, Buff win? ? Then the game doesn’t really matter much
Buffalo holds the tie breaker. Only way the game wouldnt effect the #1 seed would be Buffalo losing. Cincinnati cant overtake KC unless KC loses.
Patek23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 02:02 PM   #3093
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
When they do resume the game would they start it off at 0-0 or a 7-3 Cincy lead?
If they announced that the game isn’t happening this week, 99% the game doesn’t get played at all, and goes into the books as a tie, IMO.
Old 01-03-2023, 02:02 PM   #3094
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
NFL rule books (Rule 17) seems to imply that a game that has been suspended would resume at the point it was stopped. But it is pretty vague and only discusses games that are suspended due to emergencies (weather, public danger etc) so this is a huge grey area. Reading through the rules it seems the league has discretionary power to do almost whatever it wants however.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules...lebook/#rule17
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 02:03 PM   #3095
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gooddell doing Packers a huge favour by scheduling them for SNF. Lions could be eliminated by the time the game starts (if Seahawks win, who need Packers to lose).

Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ducay For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2023, 02:13 PM   #3096
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Homer View Post
Buffalo holds the tie breaker. Only way the game wouldnt effect the #1 seed would be Buffalo losing. Cincinnati cant overtake KC unless KC loses.
Right KC is sitting in 1st because of the extra game/win. Duh

So the NFL wants KC to win, Buff to loose.

And then Cincy beat Balt to take the AFC North and the rest really doesnt matter too much

Last edited by Jason14h; 01-03-2023 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-03-2023, 02:29 PM   #3097
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
Right KC is sitting in 1st because of the extra game/win. Duh

So the NFL wants KC to win, Buff to loose.

And then Cincy beat Balt to take the AFC North and the rest really doesnt matter too much
Im not sure if thats what the NFL "wants". But likely if BUF loses to NE and KC and CIN win their games Buffalo likely just forfeits the game or both teams accept the tie as the difference between 2/3 isnt worth another game of risking injury/fatigue. If BUF wins. Or if KC loses which makes it really really interesting I dont know what they do.

My gut tells me BUF might have to eat the L. Its not exactly fair but I dont know how you make any adjustments now without making it unfair for someone else.
Patek23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 02:31 PM   #3098
Mathgod
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozer View Post
Well it's kind of obvious that Pronger must have got the experimental mrna flu vaccine that they were testing on mice and nhl athletes in the 90s. The Trudeaus were known to own shares in Purina based in St.louis who have a secret experimental animal lab. Michel Trudeau died in a mysterious "avalanche" in 1998 , the same year as the Pronger incident , as he was going to go public.

Not sure how to green text
I'm sure someone's going to find Michel's laptop containing dic pics.
Old 01-03-2023, 02:38 PM   #3099
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducay View Post
Gooddell doing Packers a huge favour by scheduling them for SNF. Lions could be eliminated by the time the game starts (if Seahawks win, who need Packers to lose).

Spoiler!

Nah, it is a divisional game. Lions and Packers hate each other. I read earlier that the Lions players wanted it flexed to Sunday. I think there is no love lost between the teams and even if the lions are out of it, they would relish to play the spoiler.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Robbob For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2023, 02:40 PM   #3100
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Panthers owner David Tepper has had a conversation with Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh about the opening Carolina will have for the head-coaching position once the 2022 season ends, according to a league source.

The conversation was not characterized as an interview, the source said.

Interviews will not begin until after Carolina (6-10) finishes the season under interim coach Steve Wilks on Sunday against the New Orleans Saints.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...d-coaching-job

Tags
football , gambling , red zone