Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2021, 02:00 PM   #161
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Karli is probably the worst 'villain' of the entire MCU. I didn't for one second find her believable as some sort of political revolutionary leader, or believe she could keep up in a fight with Bucky or (super-soldier) Walker. Does taking the serum also make you an expert in hand-to-hand combat all of the sudden too? She just looked and sounded weak and stupid and I was happy when Sharon finally blasted her away. I was worried they were gonna try to continue the story of this loser group, but then they blew their car up (who was that random old guy anyways?) so that's good.

Other than that, I found the rest entertaining, but the overall plot kind of muddled and confusing. The show would've been much, much stronger if it focused on Zemo as the primary villain.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 02:06 PM   #162
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

That was all so anticlimatic.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:09 PM   #163
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Karli is probably the worst 'villain' of the entire MCU. I didn't for one second find her believable as some sort of political revolutionary leader, or believe she could keep up in a fight with Bucky or (super-soldier) Walker. Does taking the serum also make you an expert in hand-to-hand combat all of the sudden too? She just looked and sounded weak and stupid and I was happy when Sharon finally blasted her away. I was worried they were gonna try to continue the story of this loser group, but then they blew their car up (who was that random old guy anyways?) so that's good.

Other than that, I found the rest entertaining, but the overall plot kind of muddled and confusing. The show would've been much, much stronger if it focused on Zemo as the primary villain.
I believe that was Zemos butler
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CMPunk For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2021, 02:59 PM   #164
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I still looking back liked Wandavision a lot better. the F+WS was more big action, but a fairly pedestrian and predictable plot with in the end weak villians. Wandvision was more riskier

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2021, 03:27 PM   #165
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post

Who hurt you?
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 03:51 PM   #166
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I still looking back liked Wandavision a lot better. the F+WS was more big action, but a fairly pedestrian and predictable plot with in the end weak villians. Wandvision was more riskier
Agreed, and I didn't much care for WandaVison out of the gates.

One thing it had going for it was Elizabeth Olsen. She has big time movie star written all over her.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 05:48 PM   #167
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

File this on the same shelf with Ryan Renolds vs HHH (Blade Trinity) and Vin Diesel vs Dwayne Johnson (Fast Five), Anthony Mackie vs GSP is one of those fights where you know who'd easily win. Sure they may be actors portraying Marvel characters, but at some point, you cant turn off in your head knowing the background of a real MMA fighter as decorated as GSP
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 06:45 PM   #168
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Really?

Ok. You're entitled to your opinion, but I enjoyed it a lot more. I actually thought Wandavision was pretty bad.

I guess that I felt that while they had 6 ~hour-long episodes they still made it more real and down-to-earth and grounded but still covered the ethos of a Marvel Super-hero story.

I thought this show was really well done. With the caveat that whomever thought it was going to be a good idea to give an African-American Hero a stark white suit.

Really guys? Really? Read the damned room.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 09:02 PM   #169
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I thought this show was really well done. With the caveat that whomever thought it was going to be a good idea to give an African-American Hero a stark white suit.

Really guys? Really? Read the damned room.
It's exactly what he looks like in the comics

Spoiler!
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2021, 03:44 PM   #170
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Someone really hated this series.

KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2021, 03:45 PM   #171
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Leifield was such a weirdo.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wastedyouth For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2021, 03:53 PM   #172
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Wandavision also helped me more with my insomnia

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 06:22 PM   #173
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was fun but the writers tried to cram way too much into 6 episodes. The Sam story in contrast with Walker was excellent. I liked Bucky learning to accept his past and move on but felt like there could have been more focus on this journey. Also, Zemo was pretty cool and I'd like to see more of him. On the other hand the Carli and the Flag Smashers plot was all over the place. The refugee premise was fine but more time was required to flesh out these characters and their motivations. As well the Sharon/Power Broker/Madripoor stuff felt tacked on. This season should have only been about the Sam, Bucky, and Walker stories, saving Carli and Sharon for a 2nd season.

Overall I enjoyed this more than WandaVision. The epic fight scenes and action set pieces put Falcon and The Winter Soldier steps ahead.
Old 04-28-2021, 03:08 AM   #174
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

I do appreciate that MCU is doing different things the material it has.

FatWS and WandaVision are very different shows. Some will like one and some the other, which is natural and obviously just smart financial planning from Disney, but as a fan I'm enjoying the variety, even if not everything is tailor made for me.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Itse For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2021, 07:41 AM   #175
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

It was a fun 6 episode punch up with a good message about equality. Don’t over think it.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2021, 07:16 PM   #176
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Late to the party. Overall it was good but last episode went full ham fist. Too bad because the writing and acting was mostly solid and the message was nuanced and smart. Until they went ham.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote