Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2021, 08:10 PM   #3921
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Legendary edition at 1440p and 120fps on the series x is such a great way to re-play the game. It plays so smooth. Very happy to be jumping back into this universe.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 09:52 AM   #3922
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

No more 4 months of Game Pass Ultimate for $30 by subscribing to a year of EA Play.

https://www.ign.com/articles/microso...-play-loophole
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 09:13 PM   #3923
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

I'm playing Divinity Original Sin 2 on my iPad Pro and it's about as close to the PC version as you can get.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 04:40 AM   #3924
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Few pages late to this discussion, but I'm enjoying Days Gone so far. Disappointed to read there won't be another one, while far from a masterpiece, it's a really fun game
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2021, 10:45 AM   #3925
CrunchBite
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Few pages late to this discussion, but I'm enjoying Days Gone so far. Disappointed to read there won't be another one, while far from a masterpiece, it's a really fun game
Was one of my favourite ps4 games, not perfect but it was a lot of fun. Hopefully the reconsider and do another one.
CrunchBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 11:06 AM   #3926
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's a real shame the game launched unfinished because it was one of the most fun zombie action/adventure games I have played. Naughty Dog should have taken some notes and injected a bit of that fun into TLOU2 as games can have a dystopian story and still be fun.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2021, 12:23 PM   #3927
Jay's Beagle
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I am interested in seeing how biomutant turns out. Looks and sounds really promising.

Big negative or warning sign for me is ratings embargo day before release.
Jay's Beagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 03:13 PM   #3928
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just started playing Control...

what a mind#### so far, in a good way...the telekinesis feels great.

Can't help but think what a great TV show this could be...
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to oldschoolcalgary For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2021, 10:05 AM   #3929
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Anyone here try Mass Effect Legendary Edition on a PS4 Pro? I've been waiting for some kind of definitive opinion or video evidence (Digital Foundry...) to see how it performs but so far it's just a smattering of opinions about screen tearing and frame drops that seems to vary a ton. Most people seem to be focused on PS5 and XSX so far.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 10:29 AM   #3930
Captain Hair
Backup Goalie

Exp:

For anyone that might be interested, the free game from Epic this week is... NBA2K21.

Might not play it for a while, but a $80 title for free? Sign me up!
Captain Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Hair For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2021, 10:40 AM   #3931
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
One of the allures for me (minus the fact it was the PSN game) was that Deacon looks hilariously like a chubbier, older and dirtier Dillon Dube.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2021, 11:55 AM   #3932
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Knockout City is out tomorrow and is free for everyone for the first ten days of release. After that, it is available on Xbox Game Pass / EA Play, or is $20 on PS / Switch.

I really encourage everyone to try it! I played the beta back in April and it's a riot, lots of fun that's really accessible and easy to understand, but has a surprising amount of depth. Tons of cosmetics and unlockables too, and they're really cool.

OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 12:22 PM   #3933
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
One of the allures for me (minus the fact it was the PSN game) was that Deacon looks hilariously like a chubbier, older and dirtier Dillon Dube.
I thought they did a great job in the voice acting in this game. He sounds just like I would expect Deacon to sound.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2021, 12:46 PM   #3934
TSXCman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just finished Fire Emblem Three Houses on Switch last night.

I was committed to finish it, but I have enjoyed other FF Tactics type games more. I didn't like the amount of running around and gift giving to get morale up for training in between battles. It was just filler/time waster content and I hate time waster content the most.

If anyone is looking to play it, I would recommend play Hard or Maddening and turning permanent death off. It's kinda annoying playing sooooo perfect, so you don't lose a single character. I'd rather have my last few troops fighting the enemies last few troops in a hard campaign.

Would give it about a 6.5/10. Nice for the portability of the switch.
TSXCman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TSXCman For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2021, 07:02 AM   #3935
Jay's Beagle
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Played Battlefield V online with my buddies as obviously we cant meet up. I haven't played a shooter in a really long time but thoroughly enjoy getting killed and only killing once in awhile. We played capture the flag and the maps were great. Lots of users but not an overly massive map.
Jay's Beagle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jay's Beagle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2021, 07:43 AM   #3936
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
It's a real shame the game launched unfinished because it was one of the most fun zombie action/adventure games I have played. Naughty Dog should have taken some notes and injected a bit of that fun into TLOU2 as games can have a dystopian story and still be fun.
Wonder if they re-think the whole sequel thing after seeing PC sales. Only been out a few days and it's topped the Steam charts
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 08:04 PM   #3937
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay's Beagle View Post
Played Battlefield V online with my buddies as obviously we cant meet up. I haven't played a shooter in a really long time but thoroughly enjoy getting killed and only killing once in awhile. We played capture the flag and the maps were great. Lots of users but not an overly massive map.

One of my favourite games. Was hampered by a few weird design decisions early on but Dice’s sound and visual design in the multiplayer shooter space is pretty unrivaled - super immersive.

Battlefield 6 reveal is coming soon too!
Old 05-21-2021, 08:08 PM   #3938
flames_fan_down_under
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Wonder if they re-think the whole sequel thing after seeing PC sales. Only been out a few days and it's topped the Steam charts
Seems like a real missed opportunity. Lots of people enjoyed the game on this forum but this is also reflected by the user scores on metacritic being through roof.
flames_fan_down_under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 09:06 PM   #3939
Cliche
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

available only till may 31 to add to freighter fleets
Cliche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 07:18 AM   #3940
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I haven't been much for the 'Yakuza' franchise over the years -- too many cut scenes, lack of English dub, etc.

So naturally I hesitated on 'Judgment', a Yakuza spin off.

I wanted to grab something for my birthday a couple weeks ago and saw it had a native PS5 version release, the price was good and the trailer looked cool so I thought what the heck, let's give it a crack.

And this game rocks!

There's so much variety in the gameplay, and I find it a lot more engaging to be a detective dealing with mysteries and evidence and investigations. The story is great so far and the English dub is great -- while there's still a lot of cut scenes, I find it balances them better than the Yakuza franchise, which in the games I played often had 30-40 minutes of straight cut scenes. It seems like it's always throwing a new mechanic or mini-game at you every hour or two, and the side quests of making friends around town and seeing how their little life quests interweave is really neat too.

If you're a fan of the 'Yakuza' series it's definitely a no-brainer, but even if you're not I think you could be interested in it too!
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote