Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2021, 06:03 PM   #21
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

I think Ruzicka has had a decent showing through his first two games. I am happy to see him involved more often than not and forechecking.

I can't help but think back to Mangiapane's first ten-game stint. He was completely invisible the entire time, and I was pretty confident that he would amount to nothing.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2021, 06:08 PM   #22
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

At this point, this just feels like an exhibition game. Afternoon game. 3 games in 4 nights. Does not count towards getting into the playoffs. Playing the 3rd string goalie (I know technically higher since our backup was traded).
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 06:17 PM   #23
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeway View Post
It was a game.
Ostensibly hockey was played.

I look at these a lot like pre-season games. There really arent a lot of conclusions that you can draw from these.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2021, 06:47 PM   #24
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is so sad. It should be called the Sad Cup Finals.

Everyone else is playing playoff hockey or golf, and we are playing the Sad Cup.

Sad.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2021, 07:33 PM   #25
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m not even mad. I sure was mad when I thought that we would get a loser point.

And Sutter’s comments about why young players weren’t on the playable roster “ask Brad” just confirms for me that Flames don’t have a clue about asset management or a draft and develop mentality.

Assuming no salary cap or Kraken implications, we should have had young players in the lineup as soon as mathematically eliminated, if not sooner.

I’m not cheering for losses, but let’s be realistic about what wins mean vs the canucks when you have already chucked the season vs Senators and habs.
Old 05-18-2021, 07:51 PM   #26
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG View Post
I’m not even mad. I sure was mad when I thought that we would get a loser point.

And Sutter’s comments about why young players weren’t on the playable roster “ask Brad” just confirms for me that Flames don’t have a clue about asset management or a draft and develop mentality.

Assuming no salary cap or Kraken implications, we should have had young players in the lineup as soon as mathematically eliminated, if not sooner.

I’m not cheering for losses, but let’s be realistic about what wins mean vs the canucks when you have already chucked the season vs Senators and habs.
One of those things
Old 05-18-2021, 07:51 PM   #27
Bourque's Twin
First Line Centre

Exp:

I consider myself a pretty big Flames fan. Maybe an 8/10 on the scale. I have season’s tickets, attend lots of games, post on CP, etc.

It’s not even a millisecond thought to consider watching these last games. I have 0 part of my being that wants to.

This is a sad time.
Bourque's Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bourque's Twin For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2021, 08:00 PM   #28
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

I listened to it at work on a job site radio in the lower mainland beside a Nordiques fan who is rooting for the Jets (can you guess why??) and couldn’t have enough laughter about the debacle of these two teams. He at least said to his credit that if it was an 82 game schedule the flames probably get in easily ahead of the Habs and even the Jets... this season has been beyond painful but I will once again tune in for the punishment tomorrow here’s to hoping Phillips gets a look.

Past that, seeing how the league handled the Wilson/Panarin incident and how Tampa can miraculously add in two top line players to their already stacked lineup with no real punishment is maddening. Add to that the barf that’s happening up north and the fact that all our former Flames are excelling on their respective new teams and it’s a mercy moment for us fans no doubt. Here’s to hoping we get some hockey god luck in the draft ala Chicago and Kirby Dach when they leaped into 3rd a couple years ago.

Last edited by Heavy Jack; 05-18-2021 at 08:03 PM.
Heavy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 08:06 PM   #29
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrangy View Post
Haha suck it canucks

From picking 5th to picking 9th, just like that

Be nice if they could drop one more spot tomorrow too
They out Flamed the Flames.
Old 05-18-2021, 08:22 PM   #30
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourque's Twin View Post
I consider myself a pretty big Flames fan. Maybe an 8/10 on the scale. I have season’s tickets, attend lots of games, post on CP, etc.

It’s not even a millisecond thought to consider watching these last games. I have 0 part of my being that wants to.

This is a sad time.
I can't remember a season that I've skipped watching so many games. There was a point for about a month starting at the end of March after the first game in Ottawa that I just had enough but those five games against Montreal sucked me back until that last game in Edmonton.

I thought I'd feel sick once they were officially eliminated but there was nothing.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 08:33 PM   #31
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I can't remember a season that I've skipped watching so many games. There was a point for about a month starting at the end of March after the first game in Ottawa that I just had enough but those five games against Montreal sucked me back until that last game in Edmonton.

I thought I'd feel sick once they were officially eliminated but there was nothing.
This exactly. Any game I pvr'd I watched in about 30 minutes. And, like the Bourque's Twin, I have season tickets and man am I happy I didn't pay for this year. It's actually made me really think about how I want to spend my entertainment dollars going forward. I am a pretty diehard Flames fan but when it makes a guy constantly angry and upset I wonder if it's worth it.
chedder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 09:33 PM   #32
OminousFlames
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

It must be pretty embarrassing for these 2 teams to play completely meaningless games while other teams are playing playoff games. Serves them right though.
OminousFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OminousFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2021, 09:37 PM   #33
Macman
Self Imposed Retirement

Exp:

It's even worse for the fans that we have to wait for our regular season to end so we can process not making the playoffs, that's always the worst part for me. The playoffs start and your team isn't in it.
Macman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 10:08 PM   #34
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
I think Ruzicka has had a decent showing through his first two games. I am happy to see him involved more often than not and forechecking.

I can't help but think back to Mangiapane's first ten-game stint. He was completely invisible the entire time, and I was pretty confident that he would amount to nothing.

I saw about 5-10 minutes of the game

I thought the question was if Ruzicka could keep up, and is keeping up to the beer league speed of the bit I saw, presuming it persisted, particularly meaningful?
DeluxeMoustache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 11:14 PM   #35
1Nite
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post

It would nice to have a 6'4" center that can play, the times I have seen him in OHL and AHL, have not been that impressive, he can put up some points, but he is Monahan like, not flashy.
1Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 02:39 AM   #36
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OminousFlames View Post
It must be pretty embarrassing for these 2 teams to play completely meaningless games while other teams are playing playoff games. Serves them right though.
I think it's hilarious. It's the perfect punishment. Playoff teams get to gear up and get the adrenaline going. Feelings of hope and promise for each team in each series.

Then you get the clunky Flames and Canucks. A couple lumbering oafs in the background struggling to make a finish line that leads to f'ing nowhere. Other fans of playoffs teams see us on the schedule, point and laugh at us.

So fitting. So perfect. So Flames.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 08:31 AM   #37
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Nite View Post
It would nice to have a 6'4" center that can play, the times I have seen him in OHL and AHL, have not been that impressive, he can put up some points, but he is Monahan like, not flashy.
Yeah, getting a guy who compares to a 26 year old multiple time 30 g scorer in the 4th round is not impressive at all.

Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 05:12 AM   #38
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Post game links
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/games/2327330
http://sportsstats.cbc.ca/hockey/nhl...cap134452.html