Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Event Forums > COVID-19 Forum

Notices

Old 05-18-2021, 04:03 PM   #5781
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

With our supply looking to be more and more secure, the faster we finish first dose, the faster we start second doses. I bet it all ends up in a wash with Canada in the top 3 or 4 OECD countries with two doses by the end of the summer.

We have done phenomenally well on this front.
peter12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 04:05 PM   #5782
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Apparently the government today said that Canadian's can drive across the border to the US for a vaccination and return, right away, without having to quarantine. That is somewhat positive although it would be nice if they could include air travel for vaccination as well.
Can I please get my vaccine in Vegas?
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 04:09 PM   #5783
Tron_fdc
Has My Daddy Syndrome

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
We were told 3-4 months but that itíd likely be at the shorter end. My wife and I are likely to get the second Pfizer by mid June, which is just short of three months from our first.
Wasn't 4 months on the end of the range though? I seem to recall 8 weeks being fine.

If that's the case, I can fly down for work (I have a ton of clients in the USA I can drop in on), grab my vaccination and fly home.
Tron_fdc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 04:15 PM   #5784
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

In not great news, the Serum Institute of India has signaled that they don't anticipate being able to resume COVAX exports until the end of the year:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1394653053018689536

Hopefully the US and EU can step up and Canada can divert it's unneeded doses to the program or to low and middle income countries.
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 04:18 PM   #5785
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
What's the recommended interval for Pfizer? 8-16 weeks?

I might just fly to the states and get my second.
3 weeks is the interval that was trialed; longer gaps are basically educated guesses (though well backed by evidence) in terms of effectiveness.

Depending on when you got it, you're probably looking at 8-14 weeks for your 2nd dose in Canada (the more recent your 1st dose was, the shorter the interval will likely be), so you'd have to weigh the hassle of quarantining vs the benefit of being fully vaccinated earlier.
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 04:23 PM   #5786
Bankai
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Looks like Saskatchewan has laid out their plans for second doses.

https://www.cjme.com/2021/05/18/seco...-early-august/

According to the government, the rest of the schedule is:

May 24: Age of eligibility is 80 or first dose was received on or before March 1;
May 31: Age of eligibility is 70 or first dose was received on or before March 15;
June 7: Age of eligibility is 65 or first dose was received on or before March 22;
June 14: Age of eligibility is 55 or first dose was received on or before April 7;
June 21: Age of eligibility is 45 or first dose was received on or before April 15;
June 28: First dose was received on or before May 1;
July 5: First dose was received on or before May 15;
July 12: First dose was received on or before May 30;
July 19: First dose was received on or before June 14; and,
July 26: First dose was received on or before June 28.
Bankai is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bankai For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2021, 04:27 PM   #5787
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
In not great news, the Serum Institute of India has signaled that they don't anticipate being able to resume COVAX exports until the end of the year:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1394653053018689536

Hopefully the US and EU can step up and Canada can divert it's unneeded doses to the program or to low and middle income countries.
Canada's early withdrawal of COVAX doses is probably our most shameful act of the entire pandemic. Truly shameful.
Old 05-18-2021, 04:57 PM   #5788
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
Canada's early withdrawal of COVAX doses is probably our most shameful act of the entire pandemic. Truly shameful.
Canada got the vaccines they were promised when they were promised to them, and at the same time funded over $250M worth of vaccines for other countries.

Perhaps if there weren't so many people "holding their feet to the fire" with ridiculous complaints about the rollout, since those people had no problem taking credit for the rollout being a success, they wouldn't have taken the vaccines they purchased. Guess we'll never know.

Appears that the shame can be shared.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 04:58 PM   #5789
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankai View Post
Looks like Saskatchewan has laid out their plans for second doses.

https://www.cjme.com/2021/05/18/seco...-early-august/

According to the government, the rest of the schedule is:

May 24: Age of eligibility is 80 or first dose was received on or before March 1;
May 31: Age of eligibility is 70 or first dose was received on or before March 15;
June 7: Age of eligibility is 65 or first dose was received on or before March 22;
June 14: Age of eligibility is 55 or first dose was received on or before April 7;
June 21: Age of eligibility is 45 or first dose was received on or before April 15;
June 28: First dose was received on or before May 1;
July 5: First dose was received on or before May 15;
July 12: First dose was received on or before May 30;
July 19: First dose was received on or before June 14; and,
July 26: First dose was received on or before June 28.
interesting - thanks for posting! FWIW I would think in Alberta most of the first and part of the second groups are already 2nd dosed
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 05:25 PM   #5790
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Canada got the vaccines they were promised when they were promised to them, and at the same time funded over $250M worth of vaccines for other countries.

Perhaps if there weren't so many people "holding their feet to the fire" with ridiculous complaints about the rollout, since those people had no problem taking credit for the rollout being a success, they wouldn't have taken the vaccines they purchased. Guess we'll never know.

Appears that the shame can be shared.
Haha, sorry, how should the shame be shared? You mean between a government who has had frankly a lot of trouble doing much in a timely and transparent fashion and concerned citizenry? What planet do you live on?

The federal government came through on procurement and the provinces did a great job of getting shots into arms.

The COVAX is still a shameful stain on our record. You can try to keep spinning it as something else, if you want, but it looks ridiculous.
Old 05-18-2021, 05:53 PM   #5791
IGGYRULES
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Haha, sorry, how should the shame be shared? You mean between a government who has had frankly a lot of trouble doing much in a timely and transparent fashion and concerned citizenry? What planet do you live on?

The federal government came through on procurement and the provinces did a great job of getting shots into arms.

The COVAX is still a shameful stain on our record. You can try to keep spinning it as something else, if you want, but it looks ridiculous.
Hot take as usual from you. I don't have a problem with taking what we purchased and we're promised which expedites our path out of this. Of course I'm in one of the hardest hit industries and not able to work from home sipping on my lattes with no financial impact like yourself. The biggest hit to you has likely been your weekly social gathering after work on Friday. It's funny how some people are so obtuse, sitting in their little bubbles, not recognizing the impact on hardest hit sectors. I'm sure you'd have a completely different take on this if you and your family were impacted like some have been. This has been devastating for a relatively small segment of society whereas the majority are mostly inconvenienced and pissed off that 4 people can't play golf...
IGGYRULES is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IGGYRULES For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2021, 05:56 PM   #5792
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGGYRULES View Post
Hot take as usual from you. I don't have a problem with taking what we purchased and we're promised which expedites our path out of this. Of course I'm in one of the hardest hit industries and not able to work from home sipping on my lattes with no financial impact like yourself. The biggest hit to you has likely been your weekly social gathering after work on Friday. It's funny how some people are so obtuse, sitting in their little bubbles, not recognizing the impact on hardest hit sectors. I'm sure you'd have a completely different take on this if you and your family were impacted like some have been. This has been devastating for a relatively small segment of society whereas the majority are mostly inconvenienced and pissed off that 4 people can't play golf...
This is adorable and completely lacking in self-awareness. Carry on!
Old 05-18-2021, 06:00 PM   #5793
Ryan Coke
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGGYRULES View Post
Seems like an odd thing to go off on Peter for, there are many that fit that description on here far more than him.

But for Peter, why should we feel so bad about taking doses from covax? It seems like getting mad at the person that won the 50/50 for taking their share.

Iím all for contributing greatly to helping vaccinate the world, but the deal with covax was the deal, and ultimately our position of good fortune in the world allows us to get our people vaccinated first. I donít know, I wouldíve been fine if the Canadian government declined our covax share, but I donít really begrudge them for doing everything they can to get our people done ASAP.
Ryan Coke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 06:03 PM   #5794
IGGYRULES
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
This is adorable and completely lacking in self-awareness. Carry on!
You hold the lacking self awareness crown. Don't think I can compete with you!
IGGYRULES is online now   Reply With Quote