Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2017, 12:56 PM   #21
timbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Having a goalie that can react to and execute plays on pucks dumped in is a tremendous advantage.
The two D are allowed to split to each corner , while the C saves his ice , stopping at the top of the crease, ready to support whichever D receives the pass from G.

The G to either D pass basically eliminates the opposition first forechecker who is forced to pressure the goaltender, who creates a very positive 2vs.1 with either D, which creates time and space for the receiving D

Another byproduct, as discussed by Stone, it also reduces contact on the D tremendously.

The odd and infrequent giveaway does not offset the multiple benefits of a proven and excellent puckmoving goalie.

All about reducing pressure, quick clear outs, puck possession and less time in your own zone.
timbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:01 PM   #22
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbit View Post
Having a goalie that can react to and execute plays on pucks dumped in is a tremendous advantage.
The two D are allowed to split to each corner , while the C saves his ice , stopping at the top of the crease, ready to support whichever D receives the pass from G.

The G to either D pass basically eliminates the opposition first forechecker who is forced to pressure the goaltender, who creates a very positive 2vs.1 with either D, which creates time and space for the receiving D

Another byproduct, as discussed by Stone, it also reduces contact on the D tremendously.

The odd and infrequent giveaway does not offset the multiple benefits of a proven and excellent puckmoving goalie.

All about reducing pressure, quick clear outs, puck possession and less time in your own zone.
While this is a huge advantage it also allows the team to take advantage of sloppy changes by the other team as the puck comes out of the zone sooner than when the goalie is just stopping it and waiting for his Dman to swing by and pick it up as well as it wears the hell out of the opposition's forecheck.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:26 PM   #23
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are there any videos of Smith's passing? I confess I haven't seen what he can do.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:30 PM   #24
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sport...kend/97199176/

So far I only found this.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:31 PM   #25
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Are there any videos of Smith's passing? I confess I haven't seen what he can do.
Here's on where he passed it to the opposing net.

jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2017, 02:34 PM   #26
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I mean, there's this.

"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:34 PM   #27
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was kinda high risk except he had a 2 goal lead.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:41 PM   #28
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbit View Post
Is that even true thou? Is there anywhere that tracks man-games lost on a team level so we can see where Arizona ranked over... say the last three seasons?
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote