Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-15-2017, 06:56 PM   #7421
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Is there a fan base in the league that needs more validation than pathetic Oiler fans?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to calgaryblood For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2017, 10:34 PM   #7422
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaOiler72 View Post
after years of watching Kiprusoff bail out the Flames, it's a welcome change to see the shoe on the other foot
When Talbot comes down to earth, so will the Oilers. Then you'll be wondering where the defence went to
Old 07-15-2017, 11:02 PM   #7423
Oilers93
Lifetime Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
When Talbot comes down to earth, so will the Oilers. Then you'll be wondering where the defence went to
Lol we'll be wondering where the offence is when McDavid comes back down to earth too right?

It's okay to admit that players are good. I'm honestly not trying to toot the Oilers horn but a McDavid-led Oilers is like watching Jordan-led Bulls, Lebron-led Cavs, Lemieux-led Pens, etc. Just sit back and enjoy what a true generational talent can do with a solid team.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oilers93 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2017, 11:14 PM   #7424
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Holy crap just when you thought they couldn't get smugger there it is. What an annoying fan base
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2017, 11:14 PM   #7425
JFK
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers93 View Post
It's okay to admit that players are good. I'm honestly not trying to toot the Oilers horn but a McDavid-led Oilers is like watching Jordan-led Bulls, Lebron-led Cavs, Lemieux-led Pens, etc. Just sit back and enjoy what a true generational talent can do with a solid team.
NSFW!
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to JFK For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2017, 11:18 PM   #7426
dieHARDflameZ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Lol we'll be wondering where the offence is when McDavid comes back down to earth too right?

Only difference being that every one of those other guys you mentioned has won multiple championships.

McDavid is a great player no doubt but let's not make ridiculous comparisons after a year and a half NHL career please.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dieHARDflameZ For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2017, 11:20 PM   #7427
dieHARDflameZ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Is there a fan base in the league that needs more validation than pathetic Oiler fans?
Most desperate fans on the planet. The entitlement after literally being one of, if not the worst sports franchise on the planet for the past decade is hysterical.
Old 07-15-2017, 11:34 PM   #7428
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

LOL

Jordan had an absolute stellar team to back him up. Lebron left for greener pastures and a chance to win a championship and returned only when that team was finally decent.

Lemieux had a tonne of support in net and on D, but also HoF guys like Jagr and Francis, not to mention guys like Mullen, not to mention a damn good coach in Johnson.

I fail to see the similarities.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2017, 12:06 AM   #7429
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

The 8th best record and a 2nd round exit? I totally see the comparison!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jason14h For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2017, 12:11 AM   #7430
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

This is pathetic.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OldDutch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2017, 12:39 AM   #7431
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

Everything to do with the Oilers is pathetic.

From how they fluked out into another star talent, to them bragging because their team was so inept that it caused that situation to happen in the first place and now because they get a small taste of success they are gods among men.

The problem that the Oilers have and will continue to have is stupid management. Look at that cap situation. No doubt McDavid is awesome, but how can you surround him with anything when you have so many dollars tied up in mediocrity. The Oilers may or may not continue to be a playoff team (if any of Draisaitl/McDavid/Talbot falter in the slightest they won't be), but they will not be a contender until they get a supporting cast.

Look at Pittsburgh. Had a solid supporting cast and went to the finals a couple times and won a cup. Lost a good portion of that cast and they were just okay and never really amounted to anything. They got that supporting cast back and are back to back champs again.

McDavid is great. However, he can't do it himself. No player outside of Patrick Roy in 1993 can will a team to victory by himself.

Frankly I hope that the Oilers continue to be run as they have. They'll never do a damn thing.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Old 07-16-2017, 12:39 AM   #7432
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:

Oh my god, this is like the dumbest thing that I've ever read. Literally this is you.

You look at those championship teams of the Bulls and they were loaded, Scottie Pippen, One of the best rebounders in the league in Dennis Rodman, They were loaded teams, not solid but loaded,

The Lemieux Stanley Cup teams, loaded, they didn't really need Mario to carry those teams on his back.

The Oilers aren't even a solid team, lucky last year sure.

But even a guy like you has to admit that the Oilers are weaker going into this year. As bad as Eberle was, Strome is just plain worse. No Sekera. They're weaker.

Oh and looking at the playoffs last year, they beat a battered sharks team with Jumbo Joe missing time and skating on one leg, then you went into the next round and sure it went 6 games right? But basically the Ducks punched your face in and your superstar was nowhere to be found.

I know some Oiler fans have low self esteem, but my god, you come across as a doofus in your post, you clearly don't know NBA history, or probably hockey history beyond last year.

The teams that you mention were very talented teams.

What a load of poop, call me when McDavid actually wins a Stanley cup, right now the only thing that he did was pretty much vanish in the playoffs.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2017, 12:44 AM   #7433
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaOiler72 View Post
after years of watching Kiprusoff bail out the Flames, it's a welcome change to see the shoe on the other foot
Sooo you're actually agreeing that your goalie bailed out a pretty poor defense, and a team with no depth and nothing beyond McDavid, Draisaitl, and Talbot.

So entered into the record.

Glad to see that underneath your bluster you know the truth.

That Edmonton is no good.

Old 07-16-2017, 12:45 AM   #7434
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lucic - 6 mil - 6 more years
RNH - 6 mil - 4 more years
Kassian - 1.95 - 2 years
Sekera - 5.5 - 4 more years
Russell - 4 - 4 years

24 million in meh players.

Now you have virtually zero room to resign

Draisaitl, Strome if he does something, Maroon, Caggiula, Nurse, Puljujarvi, or Talbot

Have fun with no namers on the 3rd/4th lines.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Old 07-16-2017, 12:52 AM   #7435
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

I really hope that Strome does well in Edmonton just so they won't be able to afford him.

Old 07-16-2017, 01:00 AM   #7436
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

LOL

McDavid IS the team...

didn't the Oilers absolutely crater after macdavid got injured and was gone for half the season...

like s**t the bed and was a lottery team AGAIN? Finishing even below Calgary?

This is why i despise Oiler fans... most are delusional and have the stink of entitlement after sucking on the teat of the NHL Welfare system for a decade...
Old 07-16-2017, 01:04 AM   #7437
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Oh to add onto the stupidity of the whole comparison of the Oilers to the Bulls, T-Mac is no Phil Jackson. Triangle baby.

He's also no Bob Johnson.

In fact the only thing that's comparable between the Oilers and the Cavs, Pens and Bulls championship teams is that they have white in their jersey color scheme.

Old 07-16-2017, 01:10 AM   #7438
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
I really hope that Strome does well in Edmonton just so they won't be able to afford him.
Having watch quite a bit of Strome over the last few years, he's just terrible.

But I would guess they're going to force him to play with McDavid.

So 5 years 7 mil sounds right.

Old 07-16-2017, 02:22 AM   #7439
Azhouse
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
I kind of hope he falls flat on his face and Eberle lights it up in NY with 30 goals.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Azhouse For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2017, 04:13 AM   #7440
MisterJoji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Dude, you are delusional.

Jordan had Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc, Kerr and Jackson.

Lebron had Bosh, Wade, Irving, Love and Smith.

Lemieux had Jagr, Francis, Coffee, Mullen, Recchi, Stevens, Tocchet and Bowman.

McDavid has Draisaitl (maybe) and Talbot. Also a GM who is the worst cap manager in the league.