Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2017, 11:20 PM   #141
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Viva Las Vegas by Elvis. Perfect victory song.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:25 PM   #142
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know the team is better on ice without him, but damn I'm gonna miss Deryk Engelland.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to codynw For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2017, 12:27 AM   #143
FBI
Franchise Player

Exp:

Elliott's stats look baddd after 3 games.
2-1 but like .871 or something.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:59 AM   #144
camm13
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
I know the team is better on ice without him, but damn I'm gonna miss Deryk Engelland.
Character guy. Glad to see him get a goal in the home opener and wearing the A this season.
camm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:37 AM   #145
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ohh that gwg in the Flyers game is brutal by Elliott, so much net he gave up. Not gonna be the answer for the Flyers in net.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 03:16 AM   #146
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
remember when most of us wanted Raanta over Smith?
Speak for yourself. I was never sold on Raanta. Always preferred Smith to him
Flames Draft Watcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:49 AM   #147
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great start in Vegas for the team, the fans, and the city. Well done. The Knights owned the Coyotes in faceoffs, 47-22. The Knights finally scored a PPG, James Neal scored on the Knights 13th power play as they won 5-2. The Bhawks defeat the Habs 3-1 and the Habs PP hasn't been able to score yet. Crawford was stellar in net as he faced 42 shots from the Habs. The Bhawks rookie, Debrincat, scores his 1st goal and assist.

The Canucks get a point in their 3-2 SO loss to the Senators. Markstrom was the reason the Canucks were able to get to the SO. He faced 42 shots. The Stars beat the Red Wings 4-2. Ben Bishop was back in net with the cut on his head he suffered last game. Janmark and Klingberg had 2 points each for Dallas.

What a thriller in Nashville as the Predators sneak out a 6-5 win in reg time. Subban assisted on both the tying and winning goals. The Blues win 3-1 on the road against the Rangers. The BJs also win on the road 2-1 in OT over Carolina. Milano scores both goals for the BJs and Bobrovsky made 37 saves in the win.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tsawwassen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2017, 07:47 AM   #148
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dave Hakstol may be the worst coach in the league. Further evidence tonight, as he made one of the dumbest moves I've ever seen. Flyers are up one late in the third, and the Predators get a 5 on 3 power play and, unsurprisingly, score with about a minute and a half left in the man advantage. Hakstol decides to challenge for offsides on a close play, loses, and gives the Predators another 5 on 3 to win the game. They score on the second penalty - the one that was handed out for the failed challenge. Flyers get no points.

How the hell are you dumb enough to risk that in the last minute of a game that you could at least get a point out of and a chance to win in overtime? Even if the challenge was successful, the Preds still would've had over a minute of 5 on 3 (or 6 on 3 if they wanted) to tie it.

What a maroon.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2017, 08:07 AM   #149
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Dave Hakstol may be the worst coach in the league. Further evidence tonight, as he made one of the dumbest moves I've ever seen. Flyers are up one late in the third, and the Predators get a 5 on 3 power play and, unsurprisingly, score with about a minute and a half left in the man advantage. Hakstol decides to challenge for offsides on a close play, loses, and gives the Predators another 5 on 3 to win the game. They score on the second penalty - the one that was handed out for the failed challenge. Flyers get no points.

How the hell are you dumb enough to risk that in the last minute of a game that you could at least get a point out of and a chance to win in overtime? Even if the challenge was successful, the Preds still would've had over a minute of 5 on 3 (or 6 on 3 if they wanted) to tie it.

What a maroon.
Also doesn't help that Elliott was pretty bad overall last night, especially on the game winner. What is the old saying? "Show me a good coach and I'll show you his good goaltender?" Pretty easy to say the opposite as well.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:22 AM   #150
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Man just watched the highlights of Elliott.....yeeeeesh. that game winner he gave up from a terrible angle sums him up perfectly.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote