Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-2017, 12:00 PM   #1181
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_Beef View Post
It's pretty obvious it was a plot point to give Michonne a reason to doubt/change her view on the whole Negan situation.
It was obvious but it was poorly executed IMO.
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:43 PM   #1182
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_Beef View Post
It's pretty obvious it was a plot point to give Michonne a reason to doubt/change her view on the whole Negan situation.
Yes but it's the way they did it was just as much to try and throw off viewers as it was to give Michonne a scare. It was essentially the Glenn/Dumpster deception all over again except viewers know what to expect so instead of creating tension they create eye rolling from viewers. How exactly did Rick even manage to hide like that behind that wood with all those zombies in his face when he was on the ground? Enough with the cheap trolling!
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2017, 12:47 PM   #1183
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torture View Post
It was obvious but it was poorly executed IMO.
if they had done it up so that it would obvious to viewers that Rick was hiding while showing Michonne's reaction, it would have worked better. the way they shot it, it was as if they were trying to briefly trick the audience as well, which is dumb because everyone knows Rick's not going out like that.

hell, they could show intestines being ripped from around his midsection, and it would still probably be just the deer on top of him. you would know if the intestines looked like stolen assets from Resident Evil 4 PS2 edition.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2017, 01:21 PM   #1184
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Upcoming plot twist...Rick turns out to be that deer?
Old 03-11-2017, 12:23 PM   #1185
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I am thinking there are a lot more "Scavengers" than we're seeing that's why they need more guns. And obviously someone knows how to weld there so maybe they have some zombie destroying Mad Max cars. If you're going to go down that road you may as well go all the way right.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:46 PM   #1186
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
It's also been a while since Maggie had a scene.
Wasn't there a very brief scene with Maggie last episode or one before? I vaguely recall thining she's grown
JiriHrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 09:42 AM   #1187
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

The last few episodes haven't had a lot going on but oddly I haven't minded them overall and looking at the posts above talking about Maggie not having many scenes it came to me we haven't seen Carl in a while and it clicked for me as to why I haven't minded the last handful of episodes. His character really has become an annoyance to me. Rosita is heading in that direction as well.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 01:54 PM   #1188
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriHrdina View Post
Wasn't there a very brief scene with Maggie last episode or one before? I vaguely recall thining she's grown
Are you thinking Maggie or Judith?

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 03:22 PM   #1189
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Grown?
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 07:36 PM   #1190
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Groan
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:13 PM   #1191
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Solid freaking episode. This series is so lucky to have Lenny James as a cast member.

Morgan has always been one of my favorite characters because of his complexity. That was a pretty tragic episode for him, however, and now the character has lost his fragile peace.

Carol is back into the fray. No longer conflicted, and comes into this way more calculated and collected.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2017, 10:55 PM   #1192
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Are you thinking Maggie or Judith?
Oops
JiriHrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:26 AM   #1193
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Oops
I wasn't even questioning what you said because I thought you meant Maggie's stomach
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:48 AM   #1194
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why would they all just stand there and let Morgan choke the guy to death? Show is full of pussies
Old 03-13-2017, 02:25 AM   #1195
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Solid freaking episode. This series is so lucky to have Lenny James as a cast member.

Morgan has always been one of my favorite characters because of his complexity. That was a pretty tragic episode for him, however, and now the character has lost his fragile peace.

Carol is back into the fray. No longer conflicted, and comes into this way more calculated and collected.
I am very curious to see where this takes Morgan, hopefully some hybrid between Crazy Morgan and Zen Morgan.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:26 AM   #1196
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Why would they all just stand there and let Morgan choke the guy to death? Show is full of pussies
They were stunned and shocked? People just stand around with stupid looks on their face when terrible things happen all the time.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:36 AM   #1197
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

While I did like where this episode went, there were a couple of issues I had:

- Everybody being so accepting of what Morgan did. Even after, I would think there should have been some sort of due process if Richard's actions led to the kid being killed. Not a spontaneous execution. And if somebody on "my side" was killing somebody, I'd think I would step in. Especially somebody new to the group killing somebody who has been with me for a long time.

- A drop of 12 cantaloupe. Seems like an enormous waste of fuel on both parties for such a small amount of food. The previous week was an SUV full of supplies. They also had never previously mentioned that there was specific orders, and now this one was very specific. And they mention "same time next week", but also don't provide a list or anything.

I did like the way they showed Morgan descending into madness again. Both with the flashes he had, and the way he stood when he went to confront Richard.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2017, 09:44 AM   #1198
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the reason nobody stepped in to stop Morgan is twofold.

First of all, most people are used to the violence, they were probably thinking that, you know, they choked like 3 people that morning. If anything Morgan is way short on his 'choking people to death' quota and they were tired of constantly having to make it up for him.

And secondly, nobody like that guy. He was a jerk. They were probably contemplating choking him to death themselves but Morgan just beat them to it.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 09:55 AM   #1199
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
And secondly, nobody like that guy. He was a jerk. They were probably contemplating choking him to death themselves but Morgan just beat them to it.
I don't have any recollection of any scenes involving the members of the Kingdom that would support this.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:52 AM   #1200
rumy
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I'm glad Carol has finally decided to be kick a$$ Carol again! This whiny Carol for the whole season and last bit of last season takes away so much of the growth her character has gone through since her husband died.

I also don't like the way everyone just stood around and let Morgan kill Richard. Someone with the Kingdom needed to step in; the King should have decreed that Morgan release him (show everyone that you are in control).

Also, am I the only person that was liking Richard's character? Ya, he could be a d#ck sometimes (like when he wanted to lead the Saviors to Carol), but he was on the right path: they need to fight the Saviors. He was even willing to go as far as to sacrifice himself (but his plan blew up and ended up costing the kid his life). He was a good soldier, followed the Kings orders but also was not a yes man and provided wise council.

One last thing: did Morgan follow through on Richard's plan to sacrifice Richard and persuade the King to fight the saviors, or did he just go bat $#it crazing? Did Morgan and Richard have a conversation off screen and agree to sacrifice Richard and put on that show to make it seem to the Saviors that the Kingdom understands. Morgan's whole speech to the Saviors seems to be exactly what Richard was planning: don't retaliate right away, show the Saviors that the Kingdom is in line and following the rules, then once their guard is down, attack! Probably not, he just went crazy as he is now living in Carol's cabin, but just a thought.
rumy is offline   Reply With Quote