Wyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 12:37 AM   #5
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love View Post
Bennett shouldn't be that far away from that price range
How do you figure? Bennett as a 19 year old had as many points as Brown did as a 22 year old and did it in less games. He had a down year last season but was a 20 year old center with #### for wingers most of the season. Also Bennett being a 4th OA and Brown a late rounder will play a factor in thw potential or 'ceiling'. This isnt a good measuring stick.
Samonadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samonadreau For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2017, 01:48 AM   #6
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samonadreau View Post
How do you figure? Bennett as a 19 year old had as many points as Brown did as a 22 year old and did it in less games. He had a down year last season but was a 20 year old center with #### for wingers most of the season. Also Bennett being a 4th OA and Brown a late rounder will play a factor in thw potential or 'ceiling'. This isnt a good measuring stick.
I see Bennett getting around 2.75M, maybe 3M max - which is not all that far away from 2.1 which is all I really meant.

I'm not mentioning them as players, I like Bennett alot more currently and going forward.
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 04:32 AM   #7
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love View Post
I see Bennett getting around 2.75M, maybe 3M max - which is not all that far away from 2.1 which is all I really meant.

I'm not mentioning them as players, I like Bennett alot more currently and going forward.
$3M is close to 50% more, which is quite a bit more.

Plus I expect that Bennet would get to that number on a 2-year deal, which is a big difference too.

But like all things in contracts, time will tell.

If Bennett would accept anywhere close to 3-years at $2.1M, the deal would have been done long ago.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2017, 12:45 PM   #8
CF84
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samonadreau View Post
Sure it is. These deals are about what these players will do in the next 2-3 years. Both players "should" be getting better and Bennett had an off year. They will be primarily looking at Bennett's more recent work, which is no more impressive than Brown's, aside from playing a more difficult position. This doesn't mean they will disregard Bennett's rookie season, but it is a concern that he has regressed. I think that based on position, and what he has done, Bennett is looking at around 3 years at an average of 2.75 to 3 million. They will look at Browns deal as a comparable and would be stupid not to. The last thing we need to do here in Calgary is what happens up north. We don't need to hand out contracts based almost entirely on one good year or potential.

Last edited by CF84; 08-27-2017 at 12:48 PM.
CF84 is offline   Reply With Quote