Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2021, 08:35 PM   #4521
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Shot 82 playing as a single at trestle creek today. The twosome I booked into cancelled I guess.

Was pretty great. I got a cart cause I felt lazy today. But it worked out nice as I was let through 3 groups on the front nine and played in about an hour and 15. Wasn’t pushing anyone either. Was taking my time and they waited to let me play through.

On the back I caught up to a threesome on 11. But took my time and played a second ball every now and then (also had some work to do). All in all it was a great round played in about 3 hours.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 07:54 PM   #4522
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Shot a 103 at revelstoke today. The smoke was ridiculous though. Hit a sweet drive on 8 and was 250 out, had to head in with an 8 and 9 iron.

8 thru 11 killed me.

Course is really playable and would likely be nice on a clear day. No wind at all here today and it rained last night, very humid on the course
Old 08-02-2021, 08:07 PM   #4523
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlLester View Post
The Quarry
I like one of the 9s there. Is it Granite? The other two I could take or leave.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 09:18 AM   #4524
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Managed to get in 5 rounds (4 x 9, 1 x 18) over my 'vacation' the last two weeks. They were my first rounds of the season and I hadn't touched a club in a few months due to Covid and work. Golf is so much fun yet frustrating at the same time. My game progressively got worse over the 5 rounds. By the end I was slicing pretty much everything off the tee and pulling all my irons which I thought I had sorted out.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 09:57 AM   #4525
bomber317
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Arccos update

After playing about 10 rounds with Arccos (8 of the rounds were 9 holes), here are some thoughts.
  • Playing with my phone in my pocket hasn't been an issue
  • GPS accuracy is sometimes an issue, it affects some of your Fairway stats, GIR stats, hazard stats if you don't manually correct it.
  • Have to check your putts after every hole to ensure the # of putts is correct
  • If you don't manually move the pin to the correct spot on the app, your putting stats will get messed up (ie: thinks you made long putts vs short putts)
  • It doesn't catch shots that only go a few yards (duffed shots) - you have to manually enter the shot in. Made more difficult when you cannot zoom in on your app

While I like the concept of it tracking your stats and scores automatically. The GPS inaccuracy pollutes the data a bit. You'd have to manually fix some of your shots to ensure your data is clean.

I had one hole on Mt. Kidd where the GPS was absolutely off and I couldn't edit the shots at all because they were off screen.

At the moment, I'm on the fence if I will renew when my free trial ends.

Last edited by bomber317; 08-03-2021 at 08:25 PM.
bomber317 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bomber317 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2021, 05:05 PM   #4526
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Sutton View Post
Haven’t played any in the Edmonton area but my cousin, who lives in Spruce Grove says we are playing The Ranch in Acheson when I go visit him.
I played there last weekend and found the course to be in really good shape.
brocoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 06:27 PM   #4527
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

You ever have those rounds where you're hitting the ball so well (distance wise more than direction) that you actually start struggling to hit the right club? Like you're standing over a 170 yard shot and normally you'd be hitting a hard 9, except today hard 9 is going 180? Had one of those last week, and it's just tough when you fear every shot is going to be overcooked, it just gets into your head.
Old 08-03-2021, 06:41 PM   #4528
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

After my disastrous first two rounds of the season and barely breaking 100 I said I was quitting. Well, a friend came out from Ontario this week and convinced me to go play today. Shot 37 on the back with a double bogey on 13. I’m back, baby! Haha.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to malcolmk14 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2021, 08:23 PM   #4529
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
. Shot 37 on the back with a double bogey on 13. I’m back, BITCHES!! Haha.
Fixed your post.
Old 08-07-2021, 09:29 PM   #4530
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Nanton is holding it's club championship this weekend.

Today I finished with a net 74 for in a tie for 3rd place with 2 others in my flight. Tomorrow is the second day of the tourney and I hope to better the net score I got today.
Old 08-08-2021, 04:25 PM   #4531
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

I emded up winning the 3rd flight in our seniors division with the lowest net score and $160 in pro shop credit. I shot another net 74 today.
Old 08-08-2021, 09:31 PM   #4532
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ Sandbagger!!

(Congrats Dion, back to back 74’s are pretty solid rounds!)
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 10:29 AM   #4533
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

How's Wintergreen looking this year, playing on Friday.
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 02:27 PM   #4534
EverfresH15
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
Was great when I was there a few weeks ago
EverfresH15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 02:28 PM   #4535
flizzenflozz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverfresH15 View Post
Was great when I was there a few weeks ago
Played on Saturday and it's in great shape. Enjoy!
flizzenflozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 03:02 PM   #4536
StevenAbootman
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
Played it early July for the first time and was in really good shape, look forward to playing it again someday.

I played Vulcan a few weeks ago for the first time and was really surprised with the back nine. Fantastic shape, would have skipped the front and played the back twice if we could. Even with the brutal wind it was a fun day.
StevenAbootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 03:05 PM   #4537
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Just picked up a used Taylor Made M6 Driver, 3W, 5W (likely from 2107?) and all I can say is holy s**t. I feel like I've unlocked the rubiks cube combination.

Driver distance went from 250ish to right around 300. My 3W is a 270ish club, 5W around 225 (I'm still dialing in the yardages).

Those 3 clubs just took 10 strokes off my game with how straight and long they are. Unreal.

Can anyone tell me how the new sim2 max compares? I really like the weighted club back of the M6, and for some reason I'm hitting the regular shaft more consistently than the stiff (my swing speed is around 105). I might step into the sim2 here if it's a step up from the M6?
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 03:15 PM   #4538
bomber317
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
Just picked up a used Taylor Made M6 Driver, 3W, 5W (likely from 2107?) and all I can say is holy s**t. I feel like I've unlocked the rubiks cube combination.

Driver distance went from 250ish to right around 300. My 3W is a 270ish club, 5W around 225 (I'm still dialing in the yardages).

Those 3 clubs just took 10 strokes off my game with how straight and long they are. Unreal.

Can anyone tell me how the new sim2 max compares? I really like the weighted club back of the M6, and for some reason I'm hitting the regular shaft more consistently than the stiff (my swing speed is around 105). I might step into the sim2 here if it's a step up from the M6?
wow, that's amazing - 50 year increase is nuts just on a club change. What driver / woods were you using before?
bomber317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 03:44 PM   #4539
bossy22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I have the sim max and love it. I got the sim max irons for fathers day and gained more control and an extra club length on those. I previously had the Costco Callaway Razr Edge set with a Callaway XR driver that my son won in a raffle. I ended up getting the sim max driver and my drive gained 30 yards. I went with the sim max because they were on sale at golftraders.
bossy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 04:46 PM   #4540
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber317 View Post
wow, that's amazing - 50 year increase is nuts just on a club change. What driver / woods were you using before?
I've been using the Callaway XR16. It got to the point that I've been slowing my swing speed down SO much (likely in the low 90's) that my distance was the same (or less) than my 3W. No control whatsoever, typically hard pulls and pop flys. I just could NOT figure it out. Trackman session told me my attack angle was too steep, which I tried to adjust, but it would never work.

I've been swinging the M6 as hard as I can.....I mean, I can see a large amount of club in my backswing, and I feel like I can't rip it any harder than I do. Most of the t shots are missiles, with the odd mis hit that STILL goes 225+ and is playable.

Just a magic set of drivers so far. I play an old set of Taylor Made M2 irons, and if the sim irons are anywhere near the quality of the driver lineup I'm buying them ASAP.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
net5 , punch out , royal boulder , tpc fox hollow