Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2022, 11:28 AM   #161
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D as in David View Post
That's how I've avoided getting STI's. That and not having sex seems to have done the trick.
Ahh...the Ol' 'Costanza Diet.'

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 12:10 PM   #162
Knut

Exp:

So.... How are all your Cold Showers helping ?
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 12:49 PM   #163
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Ahh...the Ol' 'Costanza Diet.'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knut View Post
So.... How are all your Cold Showers helping ?
Women know about shrinkage, right?
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to D as in David For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2022, 02:28 PM   #164
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

On day six of my first time with covid and this is rough. I've moved past the sore throat and thought that was a good sign, but now I'm onto this running/burning nose and sinus pressure that saps all my energy and still makes it impossible to sleep. If anyone else had a similar experience and has wisdom or a timeline to share I'm all ears.

Also I have never seen so many messages out of office messages from my workmates. Everyone is sick. Good time to stay home if you can.
Flames0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 03:06 PM   #165
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames0910 View Post
On day six of my first time with covid and this is rough. I've moved past the sore throat and thought that was a good sign, but now I'm onto this running/burning nose and sinus pressure that saps all my energy and still makes it impossible to sleep. If anyone else had a similar experience and has wisdom or a timeline to share I'm all ears.

Also I have never seen so many messages out of office messages from my workmates. Everyone is sick. Good time to stay home if you can.
Have you tried a sinus rinse before bed?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2022, 03:14 PM   #166
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames0910 View Post

Hot bean bag on chest, neck, sinus and eyes or wherever has need. Sinus drain. Keep your neck warm with a scarf or a fleece loop. IIRC, stuffiness was off and on for a few weeks to a month.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 07:24 AM   #167
NinePack
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Day seven still positive, i am feeling better though, little night sweats still a good cough but i think thats going to linger has anyone else tested positive for over a week? Looking forward to getting back to work soon lol
NinePack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 07:27 AM   #168
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinePack View Post
Day seven still positive, i am feeling better though, little night sweats still a good cough but i think thats going to linger has anyone else tested positive for over a week? Looking forward to getting back to work soon lol
I was positive on rapid tests for 13 days in the spring.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 07:34 AM   #169
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yes, when I had it in late August I tested negative around day 12 or 13. I did return to work after 5 days (my symptoms were gone), but wore my N95 the entire time I was in the building. Took my lunches outside.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 07:35 AM   #170
NinePack
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Did you have symtoms all the way till you tested negative?
Old 11-16-2022, 07:36 AM   #171
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Did you have symtoms all the way till you tested negative?
Sorry, had just edited my post above. My symptoms were gone by day 5, so that is why I returned to work but continued to mask.
Old 11-16-2022, 07:53 AM   #172
NinePack
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Thanks for letting me know, the boss doesnt want me around the shop till i test negative, which i understand, seems like its 5 days with no symtoms and 10 days with them, ill call again and talk to him see what happens.
Old 11-16-2022, 08:32 AM   #173
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Thanks for letting me know, the boss doesnt want me around the shop till i test negative, which i understand, seems like its 5 days with no symtoms and 10 days with them, ill call again and talk to him see what happens.
Where do you live? IIRC there are no longer any provincially mandated times in Alberta, just recommendations. It would probably be up to your employer and whatever policy there is for employees. I
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 08:42 AM   #174
NinePack
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I live in BC, ill talk to the boss soon and find out what he still thinks, real pain in the ass ontop of feeling like garbage all week.
Old 11-16-2022, 09:00 AM   #175
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I live in BC, ill talk to the boss soon and find out what he still thinks, real pain in the ass ontop of feeling like garbage all week.
BC requirements:

If you tested positive and are managing your illness at home you can end isolation when all 3 of these conditions are met:

-At least 5 days have passed since your symptoms started, or from the test date if you did not have symptoms.
-Fever has resolved without the use of fever-reducing medication, such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen.
-Symptoms have improved.
-Fully vaccinated means you received at least 2 doses of a 2-dose COVID-19 vaccine series (e.g. AstraZeneca, Pfizer, or Moderna vaccine) or it has been more than 14 days since you received a single dose of a 1-dose series (e.g. Janssen/ Johnson and Johnson).

http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/dise...self-isolation
Old 11-16-2022, 09:04 AM   #176
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolyTheUnholy View Post
I don't know what I have but it's a doozy. Sore throat for 2+ weeks now, and the last 5 days have been brutal. Feel like absolute trash. Congested, weak, alternating between hot and cold, feeling like I've had the life sucked out of me. Tylenol Complete has helped to get me through it thankfully but man, this is rough. I tested negative for Covid 4 times between Wednesday and yesterday, so I'm thinking either flu or RSV? I have no idea but I hate it.
Same. Also not COVID but something.... I'm going to be in bed a week.

Also, for those looking for infant Tylenol, call Scripts Pharmacy by Chinook. They make it.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 10:14 AM   #177
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Same. Also not COVID but something.... I'm going to be in bed a week.

Also, for those looking for infant Tylenol, call Scripts Pharmacy by Chinook. They make it.
I'm curious, isn't infant/childrens tylenol just a lower dosage with a better taste? Couldn't you just lower a normal adult dosage?
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 10:25 AM   #178
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Was 8 days positive for me
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 10:34 AM   #179
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
My daughter-in-law was a full 14 days positive. End of August/early September.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 11:29 AM   #180
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Stomach bug has entered our household. Middle child and wife are now puking. Hoping the other 2 kids and I can avoid somehow.
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote