Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2021, 01:38 PM   #2081
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
test drove the new Audi RS Etron GT today.

Suh Weet
Go on...

Have you driven other electrics? Details please...
you&me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 01:41 PM   #2082
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chummer View Post
Yes they look good. Biggest complaints that I've seen are a lousy turn radius and no telescoping steering wheel.
Can you link to a picture? All I can find is the old spy shots.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 01:49 PM   #2083
chummer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Can you link to a picture? All I can find is the old spy shots.
Sorry Fuzz I don't know how to link I just saw one in one of the reviews I watched
chummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 01:51 PM   #2084
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's kind of weird that Nissan has 70 or so photos on their site, and not one of the king cab.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 02:17 PM   #2085
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
It's kind of weird that Nissan has 70 or so photos on their site, and not one of the king cab.
Classic Nissan.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 05:22 PM   #2086
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by you&me View Post
Go on...

Have you driven other electrics? Details please...
Some, yes.

What would you like from me? Reviews of various vehicles? There is an internet for that.

The Audi is exactly what it was designed to be: a very high end, high performance, luxury electric. It is basically the same car as the Porsche Taycan (but nicer IMO), and again IMO, is better than anything else out there at this point in that space.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 05:25 PM   #2087
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Mercedes EQS is also interesting. No pricing yet, but it appears to be also targeting the luxury electric space.

Less performance than the Audi, it appears (though they are talking about a performance version in the future), and it is ugly on the outside, but the interior looks amazing - it is really going for the futuristic, electric look (whereas the Audi went for the classic sport-luxury look)
Old 08-11-2021, 07:50 PM   #2088
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The Mercedes EQS is also interesting. No pricing yet, but it appears to be also targeting the luxury electric space.

Less performance than the Audi, it appears (though they are talking about a performance version in the future), and it is ugly on the outside, but the interior looks amazing - it is really going for the futuristic, electric look (whereas the Audi went for the classic sport-luxury look)
the full touch screen interior for climate and everything is disappointing.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2021, 08:09 PM   #2089
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
the full touch screen interior for climate and everything is disappointing.
it is definitely a love it or hate it design.
Old 08-11-2021, 09:23 PM   #2090
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Some, yes.

What would you like from me? Reviews of various vehicles? There is an internet for that.

The Audi is exactly what it was designed to be: a very high end, high performance, luxury electric. It is basically the same car as the Porsche Taycan (but nicer IMO), and again IMO, is better than anything else out there at this point in that space.
While it looks cool, on paper, the E-Tron GT - even the RS - is not that compelling compared to the gas and electric rivals in that segment, at that price point. I was just looking for some colour in your experience... You know, if it blew your skirt up.

I'm picking up a new Audi in a few weeks and I'll see if I can drive the E-Tron at the same time... Again, on paper, and for the money, I don't think I'll be disappointed in my choice
Old 08-11-2021, 10:25 PM   #2091
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
While it looks cool, on paper, the E-Tron GT - even the RS - is not that compelling compared to the gas and electric rivals in that segment, at that price point. I was just looking for some colour in your experience... You know, if it blew your skirt up.

I'm picking up a new Audi in a few weeks and I'll see if I can drive the E-Tron at the same time... Again, on paper, and for the money, I don't think I'll be disappointed in my choice
I don't disagree entirely, but I think that is true across the board these days - nothing has blown my skirt up for some time.

I have an RS7 and I can't say that the Etron blows it away - it doesn't. It is essentially the same car, but electric. The reason to want it is that you want electric. And if you do, it is as awesome as any that I have seen.

What Audi are you looking at?
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2021, 07:44 AM   #2092
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I don't disagree entirely, but I think that is true across the board these days - nothing has blown my skirt up for some time.

I have an RS7 and I can't say that the Etron blows it away - it doesn't. It is essentially the same car, but electric. The reason to want it is that you want electric. And if you do, it is as awesome as any that I have seen.

What Audi are you looking at?
I've got an RSQ8 coming in.

I want to want electric, but I'll fully admit that my interest in an EV has almost zero to do with environmental concern and almost everything to do with speed! At ~50% more than the Q8 for marginally better performance is a hard pill for me to swallow - though that might have something to do with how I feel the RSQ8 is a relative bargain, all things considered... Now, if the E-Tron RS was the same price, I think I'd be willing to give it a go. On top of that, I can't help but consider resale values, where the Q8s seem to be holding very close to MSRP and the high-level Taycans (most comparable and likely best indicator for the E-Tron) are, well, not... So I see this as a relatively low risk way to have a new toy and can scratch that EV itch some other time in the future.

Sounds like we're in a similar boat... Almost, but not quite.

Last edited by you&me; 08-12-2021 at 07:47 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to you&me For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2021, 08:21 AM   #2093
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:

I want to want electric, but I'll fully admit that my interest in an EV has almost zero to do with environmental concern and almost everything to do with speed! At ~50% more than the Q8 for marginally better performance is a hard pill for me to swallow - though that might have something to do with how I feel the RSQ8 is a relative bargain, all things considered... Now, if the E-Tron RS was the same price, I think I'd be willing to give it a go. On top of that, I can't help but consider resale values, where the Q8s seem to be holding very close to MSRP and the high-level Taycans (most comparable and likely best indicator for the E-Tron) are, well, not... So I see this as a relatively low risk way to have a new toy and can scratch that EV itch some other time in the future.

Obviously the RSQ8 is a sick car, but is there a tiny part of you that looks at the side profile and thinks Dodge Caliber SRT4 haha?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2021, 08:25 AM   #2094
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

The thing starts at $6000 more than an RS6 Avant. What are you even doing? I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but this sort of behaviour simply cannot be tolerated.
Quote:
Appropriate choice of idiom.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2021, 09:18 AM   #2095
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

All this talk of electric German cars, but I really have to give it to Cadillac and their CT5-V Blackwing. A RWD family sedan with a supercharged V8 and a manual transmission. I didn’t think that as even possible any more in todays world.

I’m not even particularly crazy about the design (especially the interior), but if I didn’t have financial dependants keeping me in check, I’d buy one of these just to show my appreciation for them doing this. Probably one of the few last opportunities to do so.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2021, 09:29 AM   #2096
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Any of you guys wrestle with the environmental implications of gas guzzlers? I really like the Telluride as a three-row vehicle - roomier than any of the Germans, good value for all the safety tech, looks reasonably cool for an SUV - but the NA V6 gives you like 19 MPG city and 24 MPG highway.

Like, operating that is a pretty uncool move in this day and age, is it not? Climate change is fataing us up here, there and everywhere. Are we all just saying "fata it, not my problem" or am I overblowing the difference one vehicle makes to the whole issue?
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2021, 09:32 AM   #2097
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post

The thing starts at $6000 more than an RS6 Avant. What are you even doing? I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but this sort of behaviour simply cannot be tolerated.

Appropriate choice of idiom.
This.

Quote:

Get the RS6, especially with your consideration to resale.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2021, 09:52 AM   #2098
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Why? Just scratching an itch...

I've been there, done that with wagons over the years... Imola Yellow B7 S4 6-speed & E63...

I know it's not car-guy cool, but they just don't do much for me. If I'm sitting low, I want to either be in a full on sports car or I have a thing for luxo-barges (traded my F10 M5 for an Alpina B7 and loved every second of it!)...

Otherwise, I like being higher up (yes, it's self-perpetuating if everyone feels the same way) and the sheer bonkers-ness of some of these speedy SUVs make me giggle. I'll probably have it for the winter and find something sporty again next spring.

On tomorrow's episode of "Turning in your car-guy card", I'll tell everyone about that time I bought the PDK 911 over the 6-speed manual
The Following User Says Thank You to you&me For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2021, 10:05 AM   #2099
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Does an E-Class wagon still have those rear-facing jump seats in the back? If not, anybody know what years those were offered?
Old 08-12-2021, 11:14 AM   #2100
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Get the RS6, especially with your consideration to resale.
What's the attraction of an RS6 outside of it being a wagon? It's way overpriced and on a performance level can't even compete with a lower priced German carl like the M3/M4.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post: