Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2020, 12:28 PM   #501
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

May the fourth be with you

A classic from Conan’s archives

Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2020, 03:12 PM   #502
underGRADFlame
Lives In Fear Of Labelling

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Looks like the next theatrical film is in the works, with an Oscar winning MCU alumni and part-time Assassin Droid in charge: https://www.starwars.com/news/taika-waititi-announce
Sweet... as long as they can keep Kathleen Kennedy away from the production it should be awesome! Thor Ragnarok is my favourite marvel movie and everything Taika touches lately is awesome.
underGRADFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 03:41 PM   #503
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Kennedy is gone as far as has been reported, or at least on her way out without any influence on the movies. However as her last final act she did hire the person who will be running the new female led Disney+ series.. so hopefully she got that right.

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-disney...-doll-creator/
Old 05-04-2020, 04:46 PM   #504
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

As long as Waititi doesn't have to adhere to Skywalker lore, this should be pretty great. I hope they give him free rein to come up with a fresh, original story with brand new characters.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 06:31 PM   #505
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Waititi would be the guy who has a Jedi floating through space propelled by force lightning out of his butt. Just in the background and unexplained.

Or someone asks what the fuel situation looks like, and a crewmember looks confused, and just says 'unlimited'.
Old 05-04-2020, 06:32 PM   #506
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

JoJo-D2, the reluctant First Order droid, bossed around by Kylo.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 05:24 PM   #507
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Heyden has supposedly been cast in the Obi-Wan series. So we might see episodic flashbacks to some Clone Wars content.

I would expect that this is also a bit of an apology for how Kennedy treated him during the filming of the rise of Skywalker.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 10:32 PM   #508
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Heyden has supposedly been cast in the Obi-Wan series. So we might see episodic flashbacks to some Clone Wars content.

I would expect that this is also a bit of an apology for how Kennedy treated him during the filming of the rise of Skywalker.
What did I miss about that treatment?
Old 05-06-2020, 11:18 PM   #509
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
Waititi would be the guy who has a Jedi floating through space propelled by force lightning out of his butt. Just in the background and unexplained.

Or someone asks what the fuel situation looks like, and a crewmember looks confused, and just says 'unlimited'.
He did the last episode of The Mandalorian I believe and it was awesome. I loved the scene with the store troopers having terrible aim.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:18 PM   #510
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

This is the rumor.

Hayden was going to be bought back for more then a 2 second piece of voice acting. He was in the original script supposed to show up as a force ghost in the confrontation with Palpatine. Hayden was contacted and hired to come in and shoot the scene.

When Kathleen Kennedy heard this she hit the roof because she felt that Hayden as Anakin would end up being more popular then Rey and Kylo as characters and over shadow them. So she fired Hayden and had the script changed.

Basically it caused a rift between Disney and Hayden and is rumored to be one of the reasons why Kennedy is being pushed away from Star Wars and a lot of the blame for the disaster that was the story of the sequel and the Rise of Skywalker has laid at her feet for her desire to change the story from the original script to the mess that it became.

There are lots of indicators that Disney is going to let her contract expire in 2021, but she will have limited involvement in the creative decisions for Star Wars.

She was already on thin ice with the performance on Solo, the reshoots of Rogue One. She hated the Disney Galaxies edge and felt that it should have focused on the sequels. There was also a rumored split between her camp and the more traditional Star Wars Camp focused around Dave Filoni and the team running the Mandalorian and some of the other upcoming Star Wars content.

It seems like its one of the big reasons why Bob Iger seems to be taking the lead on Star Wars.

At least that's the rumor from a few sources.

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 05-06-2020 at 11:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2020, 08:53 AM   #511
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post

When Kathleen Kennedy heard this she hit the roof because she felt that Hayden as Anakin would end up being more popular then Rey and Kylo as characters and over shadow them. So she fired Hayden and had the script changed.
Why would anyone in their right mind think that?? The prequels (and Hayden in particular) were terrible and hated by a large portion of the fan base. I'd say Rey and Kylo are much more popular, especially with kids.

Quote:
She hated the Disney Galaxies edge and felt that it should have focused on the sequels.
It does focus on the sequels. I mean, they have people walking around the park in character as Kylo, Rey, Finn, etc... and the bad guys are constantly referred to as the First Order.

direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 10:12 AM   #512
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

[QUOTE=direwolf;7455716]Why would anyone in their right mind think that?? The prequels (and Hayden in particular) were terrible and hated by a large portion of the fan base. I'd say Rey and Kylo are much more popular, especially with kids.[quote]

Outside of the Force Awakens, I'd rank the sequels behind the prequels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
It does focus on the sequels. I mean, they have people walking around the park in character as Kylo, Rey, Finn, etc... and the bad guys are constantly referred to as the First Order.

She wanted no mention of the OT at all. She wanted it all sequel and nothing else.

Old 05-08-2020, 03:12 PM   #513
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Uhmmm... Boba Fett has been cast for season 2 of Mandalorian, played by the original actor who played Jango in Attack of the Clones, Temeura Morrison.

I'm spoilering this because there are some Mando season 1 spoilers in there.

Spoiler!

Last edited by GreenLantern; 05-08-2020 at 03:15 PM.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenLantern For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2020, 04:18 PM   #514
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nice. Just last week, I was looking him up wondering if they might bring him back as a clone or Boba.

I had completely forgotten that he played Aquaman's dad, so that movie obviously stuck with me.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:49 AM   #515
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Looks like the next theatrical film is in the works, with an Oscar winning MCU alumni and part-time Assassin Droid in charge: https://www.starwars.com/news/taika-waititi-announce
There are so many directors and writers linked with their own Star Wars movies now I can't even keep up anymore. Disney really needs to come out and clarify what is actually happening with the film series.
OutOfTheCube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 09:41 AM   #516
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Uhmmm... Boba Fett has been cast for season 2 of Mandalorian, played by the original actor who played Jango in Attack of the Clones, Temeura Morrison.

I'm spoilering this because there are some Mando season 1 spoilers in there.

I didn't want him back. I mean they did the whole comeback of Boba Fett in the legends EU and it lead to some really cringe worthy masterbatory writings by Karen Traviss that really dragged down the Legacy of the Force books. We get it Karen you love Boba Fett.

I always thought what would have worked would have been if one of the Clones took over for him after he died and was competent and didn't get bounced off of the side of a skiff.

Old 05-09-2020, 03:56 PM   #517
Cliche
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

TIL there's a star wars themed restaurant in Lethbridge AB.

https://www.660citynews.com/video/20...investigation/
Cliche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 04:13 PM   #518
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliche View Post

Imperial Blasters are probably Illegal firearms in Canada now.

Dont know why...Stormtroopers cant hurt anyone with them.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 04:23 PM   #519
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I guess the and I'm going to call her victim of these cops was pretty traumatized, I was listening to another recording and she was crying. According to reports was studying Justice and wanted to be a cop. Lets hope she still wants to so they can replace those idiots.

I mean seriously, come on, put two and two together you morons. Those cops need to be fired.

Nobody is going to walk around in a stormtrooper outfit with a real gun, first of all because you can't see out of the helmet, and second of all Stormtroopers are terrible shots so they're no danger to anyone.

But really idiots on patrol.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2020, 07:13 PM   #520
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliche View Post

What is going on with the Lethbridge police? First the deer euthanized with the truck and now this?

If I still lived there I would seriously look at disbanding the service and bringing in the RCMP. Something is not right there.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote