Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 05:03 AM   #181
Barnet Flame
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Nucks 4 Flames 3 SO LOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
He's in the same teir as Hughson for me. Not bad overall but their homerism for Vancouver is unbearable at times

Its unbearable ALL the time.

Last edited by Barnet Flame; 02-10-2019 at 05:17 AM.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:09 AM   #182
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealPepman View Post
Which Canuck team is more unlikeable - the current one or the team that choked against Boston in 2011?
The 2011 team by a country mile. Arguably one of the most hated teams in the history of the game.

This year's Nucks team is missing the d-bag factor that they had in years past. After Bieksa left, there's no one truly hateable on that team anymore. In fact I actually kinda like some of their current players.

My current list of most hated teams:

1. Oilers
2. Ducks
3. Leafs
4. Jets
5. Canucks
Old 02-10-2019, 09:26 AM   #183
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

The best goaltending performance I have seen this season. Not going to face goaltending like that often but I'm starting to become more concerned about the state of Flames goaltending. As some posters have noted in this thread it appears Rittich has lost some confidence and is struggling. Not sure what goaltenders are available at the deadline and maybe it's unrealistic at this point but I've gone from not wanting the Flames to make any deadline moves to seriously looking at bringing in another goaltender.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:27 AM   #184
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1094631468846899200
Old 02-10-2019, 09:32 AM   #185
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

My goodness that's bad. Thankfully there are no shootouts in the playoffs but those points left on the table can add up.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:38 AM   #186
Steve Bozek
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

It’s easy to say what the shooters should hae done in the replays, but it does look like Markstrom leaves the top corners more open to high shots like the one Petterson scored on Rittich. All the Flames kept their shots low.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:56 AM   #187
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

2 day break now. Such crap!

But probably good since they have to travel across the continent.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:57 AM   #188
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
My goodness that's bad. Thankfully there are no shootouts in the playoffs but those points left on the table can add up.
It looks pretty bad I suppose but is it really that big of a deal?

Thats 8 points over the last 124 games...and those extra points often have gone to teams in the East which has no effect on Calgary.

Sure it would be better to win more of those than lose, but in the grand scheme of things it appears fairly innocuous to where the team is standings wise.

More than anything though, what once was thought of as a great innovation to avoid tie games is really starting to be something very few people like. Terrible way to settle a game that guys have poured their blood, sweat and tears into for 60+ minutes at the very least.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:59 AM   #189
taxbuster
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
When you hit a goalie that is in God mode there is not much you can do. Take the point and move on.

Twice in a row? Jones, then Markstrom. Says more about the Flames than the goalies...
Old 02-10-2019, 10:00 AM   #190
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just extend three on three until you have a winner
More often than not it would still be less time than the shootout and the longer ones would just be that much more exciting
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2019, 10:02 AM   #191
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryred View Post
1-3 they destroyed the Flames game one

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
In the three losses to Vancouver ...

Calgary has 59% of the shot attempts (68/53/58)
Calgary has 61% of the shots (60/55/65)
Calgary has 62% of the scoring chances (64/65/58)
Calgary has 63% of the high danger chances (61/68/61)

Calgary scored on 9.3% of their high danger chances, Vancouver scored on 28% of theirs.

That's a sweep if you play those games the same way again.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2019, 10:03 AM   #192
aiy_yah
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
I felt like the penalty after the double minor was a bit of a make up, and the late slashing call against Gio was very weak.
And why didn't they call that hook / hold on Johnny all the way up the ice prior to giving Gio the weak slashing penalty????

Last edited by aiy_yah; 02-10-2019 at 10:08 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aiy_yah For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2019, 10:05 AM   #193
colbym72
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxbuster View Post
Twice in a row? Jones, then Markstrom. Says more about the Flames than the goalies...
No the season as a whole putting the team second in GF and overall says more about the team.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to colbym72 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2019, 10:08 AM   #194
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Point is still key here. Vancouver totally remind me of the flames from 2015. Playing the bend don't break defense and capitalizing on their limited chances. Must be frustrating for a opposition goalie seeing the ice tilted like that for so long and then they score on their chance. Not exactly a recipe for success, but it helps their young guys with development playing meaningful games this late in the season.

I thought Rittich played just okay, as mentioned, these Canucks games must be hard for a goaltender to play in.

On to the next game.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:09 AM   #195
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by badradio View Post
Thank you. Get some perspective people... he let in 2 bad goals last game and got a pulled early. Man you guys have short memories... Rittich is the best goalie since Kipper, but you would probably rag on Kipper for the loss too. Outrageous.
Someone put up his numbers in the last 11 and he's been somewhat pedestrian.

It's not an over reaction or a lack of perspective to suggest he needs to be better.

Seems like there are a couple of players that have Teflon around them and aren't allowed to be discusses when they have an off game.

Having said that I'm not that worried, every player goes through ups and downs, and right now Rittich is fighting it a bit.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:11 AM   #196
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
I'd really like to see an upgrade on Frolik for the second line. He's far too inconsistent. Nyquist for a second could do wonders.
Yeah Frolik was fighting it last night, and that line was pretty ineffective for the most part ... better third though.

Do you change it up and ruin what looks to be a third line coming off the mat, or leave it alone and hope 3M comes out of it?
Old 02-10-2019, 10:24 AM   #197
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I like the Rittitch but really feel the Flames need a 1a,1b to do any real damage in the playoffs.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:26 AM   #198
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Yeah Frolik was fighting it last night, and that line was pretty ineffective for the most part ... better third though.

Do you change it up and ruin what looks to be a third line coming off the mat, or leave it alone and hope 3M comes out of it?
Its funny because all of a sudden, Bennett looks like he has really found something and may be the better option on the 2nd line compared to Frolik.

I think it just emphasizes that they are still one top 6 player short of where they need/want to be because Neal has been such a colossal fail thus far.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:27 AM   #199
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post

Shootouts tend to be pretty random year to year, so that streak is pretty much a series of bad luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2019, 10:42 AM   #200
chummer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was wondering if the Flames would come home last night after the game and leave tomorrow for Tampa. But I see they're leaving YVR at 10 this morning and arrive in Tampa at 6 PM. local. Long day.
Closed Thread