Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-27-2013, 10:33 AM   #41
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

then you need to watch Adventures In Babysitting.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:32 PM   #42
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by M*A*S*H 4077 View Post
I saw the movie last night and walked out with the same thought, "it was like LOTR in space!" (at least parts of it). Really enjoyed it, could be my favorite of the Marvel movies, however I am slightly biased as Thor has always been my favorite Marvel superhero
I never really knew much about Thor until the movies came out. I was actually pretty surprised/pleased that he was portrayed as the actual Thor: God of Thunder, and not just some guy with his hammer.

But I would agree with the quality, I think it's probably the best standalone Marvel movie outside of Ironman.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:00 AM   #43
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

I found Adventures in Babysitting in the cheap DVD bin at superstore a while back, had to buy it and show the kids. They loved it more than I did the first time I saw it.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:04 PM   #44
J Diddy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post
Loki is a sorcerer and god of mischief, he basically faked his own death to Thor and returned to Asgard as the messenger. He either killed Odin or has him imprisoned.

Throughout the movie, Loki was creating all kinds of illusions, his death being the biggest illusion.

As for the final speech, I thought it was kind of cool, perhaps it will set up a deeper bond between Thor and Loki in future movies. It has a sort of Batman and Joker type feel to the movie relationship, like they need each other.
The way I understood the end scene between Loki (as Odin) and Thor was that Odin gave Thor his blessing to go to earth and be with Portman. This gets Thor back on earth to do Avengers 2 and with him out of the way Loki can put his plan to become king into action. But maybe I understood that completely wrong.

So there was a second after credits scene? Another one after The Collector scene?

This movie is what Thor 1 should have been. Surprised I enjoyed it as much as I did seeing how Thor 1, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Captain America, Xmen First Class, and Amazing Spider-man have all been busts for me.
J Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #45
19Yzerman19
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
So there was a second after credits scene? Another one after The Collector scene?
Yeah, but it was just [spoiler]Thor returning to earth and kissing his wifey.[/quote]. Kind of a waste.
19Yzerman19 is offline   Reply With Quote