Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2014, 12:07 PM   #21
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abattista2977 View Post
Welcome Heat/Flames to Glens Falls. We are excited to have you guys here. We are a loyal fan base here and supported a garbage product for 5 long years. We are so happy to have a team that could challenge for a Calder Cup as soon as this year. I wore an Atlanta Flames burning "A" shirt to the last 3 home games. There were a few Calgary jerseys starting to pop up too, as well as "We want the Heat!!" chants Can't wait to buy my new Heat/Flames gear and renew my Tix.

I'll post some game reports to give you guys a feel for what is going on here during the season.
Welcome aboard!

Great to hear the fans supported the Heat before they were even confirmed to be moving there. That's dedication haha. Beyond being good prospects, they're also good people.

Really looking forward to your updates!
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2014, 04:44 PM   #22
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Diana C. Nearhos @dianacnearhos
Calgary/Glens Falls press conference officially announced for 9:30 a.m. Friday in Heritage Hall at the Civic Center.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:44 PM   #23
abattista2977
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Diana C. Nearhos @dianacnearhos
Calgary/Glens Falls press conference officially announced for 9:30 a.m. Friday in Heritage Hall at the Civic Center.
http://poststar.com/blogs/phantoms_f...9bb2963f4.html
abattista2977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:06 PM   #24
Racki
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Are you familiar with the Flames president, Brian Burke out your way? If not, you're in for a treat. He's one of a kind. I hear he'll be in attendance.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:46 AM   #25
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggysback05 View Post
Are you familiar with the Flames president, Brian Burke out your way? If not, you're in for a treat. He's one of a kind. I hear he'll be in attendance.
Sounds like Treliving will be there but Burke won't.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:28 AM   #26
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think it's too much to consider the Heat a potential Calder Cup contender next season.

This season, yes, they did have several players step up and score points that we weren't really expecting to (i.e., Reinhart, Granlund, Knight). The big question at the start of the season was, "where's the offense going to come from?" It was a uber young team, stocked with rookies, but were merely hoping for playoffs.

abattista, you guys are really in for a treat. This team is one year older and one more year with chemistry. The factor that doesn't get talked about: fan support. As much as Ward likes to go on about "internal fuel," there's something to be said about the affect a loud fan base has late in a game, down by a goal.

I'm happy for you guys in Glens Falls. It'll be fun for you cats.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2014, 12:16 PM   #27
Racki
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre "Monster" McGuire View Post
As much as Ward likes to go on about "internal fuel," there's something to be said about the affect a loud fan base has late in a game, down by a goal.

I'm happy for you guys in Glens Falls. It'll be fun for you cats.
I couldn't agree more. I felt pretty bad for the Heat when they opened up the series at home against Grand Rapids and the place was empty. I would have to believe that a small, old barn packed with 4000 loud fans could have made a difference.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:55 PM   #28
abattista2977
Draft Pick

icon54

Quote:
I couldn't agree more. I felt pretty bad for the Heat when they opened up the series at home against Grand Rapids and the place was empty. I would have to believe that a small, old barn packed with 4000 loud fans could have made a difference.
That was pathetic....We jammed the place at the end,I think 5400 or so. We are a sellout at about 4800. Had a few hundred SRO around the top bowl. I guarantee we will put 5000 or more for the opener. In the GFCC that is LOUD and distracting . It is steep and intimate, a really great place to see a game. A very old time feel. Several opponents have complained and admitted that it is a hostile environment. Awaiting the team name/logo(hopefully) tomorrow at 9:30 am our time. There will be a live stream blog going if anybody is interested by going to this page and then finding the stream on
http://poststar.com/blogs/phantoms_forum/

Hopefully they will drop the Phantom name tomorrow when the new name is announced...lol
abattista2977 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to abattista2977 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2014, 02:15 PM   #29
darthma
Scoring Winger

Location: Down by the sea, where the watermelons grow, back to my home, I dare not go...
Exp:

Quote:
That was pathetic....We jammed the place at the end,I think 5400 or so. We are a sellout at about 4800. Had a few hundred SRO around the top bowl. I guarantee we will put 5000 or more for the opener. In the GFCC that is LOUD and distracting . It is steep and intimate, a really great place to see a game. A very old time feel. Several opponents have complained and admitted that it is a hostile environment. Awaiting the team name/logo(hopefully) tomorrow at 9:30 am our time. There will be a live stream blog going if anybody is interested by going to this page and then finding the stream on

Hopefully they will drop the Phantom name tomorrow when the new name is announced...lol
Awesome...
darthma is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to darthma For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2014, 02:41 PM   #30
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Damn, that writer, Diana Nearhos is cute. And looking at her twitter it appears she is a Boston College graduate with a love for hockey, with the loyalty people have to their schools down their I bet the potential of covering Johnny Gaudreau and Bill Arnold is exciting for her.

I look forward to reading her blog about the team.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alberta_Beef For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2014, 04:04 PM   #31
-TC-
Franchise Player

Exp:

So that's what? about a 4 hour flight?

not ideal for call ups, but it sounds like a great hockey town for the farm club.

-TC- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:43 PM   #32
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, I'm super excited that our prospects are going to get to play in front of a full barn, that is loud and 100% behind them for every game next season.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2014, 05:26 PM   #33
Racki
First Line Centre

Exp:

@Chris_MHJ: Petrovek will be named president of the @NHLFlames #AHL affiliate in Glens Falls, NY. #mesports

Source seems legit. Wonder how this affects Conroy's role?

@Chris_MHJ: Here's the original story on Petrovek in line to take a job w/ @NHLFlames #AHL affiliate in Glens Falls. http://t.co/K7hgUA2Prp #mesports
Old 05-15-2014, 05:40 PM   #34
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
@Chris_MHJ: Petrovek will be named president of the @NHLFlames #AHL affiliate in Glens Falls, NY. #mesports

@Chris_MHJ: Here's the original story on Petrovek in line to take a job w/ @NHLFlames #AHL affiliate in Glens Falls. http://t.co/K7hgUA2Prp #mesports
I don't see this affecting Conroy at all. It's the same role Ryan Walter has had the past 5 years, in Abbotsford
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alberta_Beef For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2014, 05:40 PM   #35
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:

Well Ryan Walter was president of the Heat wasn't he?

Conroy was the GM.

Different positions, no? Don't see how they would really affect each other. It's like Ken King vs Treliving.
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:52 PM   #36
Racki
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
Well Ryan Walter was president of the Heat wasn't he?

Conroy was the GM.

Different positions, no? Don't see how they would really affect each other. It's like Ken King vs Treliving.
I didn't realize Ryan Walter held position of president. Business as usual for Conny I would assume in that case.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:26 PM   #37
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

According to numerous Twitter reports, the new name will be the Adirondack Flames and the logo will be the Atlanta Flames' logo. By the looks of the logo, the primary colours will be red, black and white - not all that different from the Heat's red, black and grey.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2014, 10:37 PM   #38
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ The one mock-up I saw floating around Twitter sort of looked like the Atlanta Flames logo crossed with the colour scheme and feel of the old Horsehead jerseys. That retro red and gold, but with a good amount of black added in.

I can live with the Adirondack Flames though as a name.

Edit: This is what I've seen

Drury18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Drury18 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2014, 11:13 PM   #39
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sweet
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:36 AM   #40
fanman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Welcome Heat/Flames to Glens Falls. We are excited to have you guys here. We are a loyal fan base here and supported a garbage product for 5 long years. We are so happy to have a team that could challenge for a Calder Cup as soon as this year. I wore an Atlanta Flames burning "A" shirt to the last 3 home games. There were a few Calgary jerseys starting to pop up too, as well as "We want the Heat!!" chants Can't wait to buy my new Heat/Flames gear and renew my Tix.

I'll post some game reports to give you guys a feel for what is going on here during the season.
Looking forward to future reports on the team from yourself and any others in the area, and glad to hear the boys will be well received!
fanman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fanman For This Useful Post: