Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2014, 11:16 AM   #1
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:
Thumbs up Thank You PMM!

I think this thread is more then necessary as PMM has been our news source for the Heat both on this board and through the Calgary Flames website for a couple years now. With the Heat announcement of the contract termination, we are might be losing our best source to all the Heat and Flames Prospects news.

So Mike, thanks for keeping us in the loop with the Heat and Prospects. I hope you still in some way will be keeping us up to date with our Prospects and this new team.

And here's hoping you get to party in the dressing room with the guys and the Calder Cup and give the team the send-off of a lifetime!
Drury18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 129 Users Say Thank You to Drury18 For This Useful Post:
3thirty, Alberta_Beef, Anduril, badger89, Badgers Nose, BlackWallStreet, BloodFetish, Boreal, Brando, btimbit, Burner, c.t.ner, Caged Great, Calgary4LIfe, calgarybornnraised, CalgaryFan1988, cam_wmh, carom, cDnStealth, chalms04, Charcot, Cheese, CofR, Cole436, corporatejay, cral12, dash_pinched, davidbjordan, devo22, Dion, Dorkmaster, drew24, DropIt, endeavor, etc, EVERLAST, EYE_Overstand, Fire, flambers, Flames Fan, Ph.D., flamesfan1297, flamesrule14, Flames_18_22_12, flames_fan13, Flamezzz, Flamin' DBag, FlamingLonghorn, ForeverFlameFan, Francis's Hairpiece, Fransken, Freeway, Funkhouser, getbak, Goodlad, GreenHardHat, handgroen, Hockeyguy15, Hockey_Ninja, Hugh Jahrmes, Huntingwhale, icarus, ignite09, iLoveLamp, Imported_Aussie, Inferno099, Itse, jaymac106, Johnny Rotten, josef, Julio, JurassicTunga12, justafan, kaotik, KevinKlineReadingABook, kirant, Knalus, kyuss275, lanny9, M*A*S*H 4077, mac_82, Major Major, Mango, Mazrim, mennoknight, Miniac, MissTeeks, MolsonInBothHands, MonsieurFish, MoreDrank, Mustache, Muta, Nandric, Nehkara, nobesey, Ozy_Flame, Party Elephant, PeteMoss, Phaneufenstein, Pierre "Monster" McGuire, Red Ice Player, Red Menace, Roof-Daddy, RyZ, Scornfire, Scoutski, seattleflamer, Sgrath, Skaloper, snowdude, spennywalks, STeeLy, Steve Bozek, Street Pharmacist, StrykerSteve, Stupid, Tacoman, Tailgator, The Swedish Flame, TheDebaser, TheKing, Tilley, TjRhythmic, tknez16, Trailer Fire, vegasbound, Vox, Vulcan, You Need a Thneed, Zevo
Old 04-15-2014, 11:22 AM   #2
fastpuck
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Mike

I also really appreciate all the news and tidbits you have provided. You are one of the main reasons that I have followed the Heat and the prospects. Best of luck and hope we get to hear more from you in the future. Maybe you need to move to Calgary...
fastpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fastpuck For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2014, 12:58 PM   #3
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Both PMM and Drury18! You guys are both great at keeping us up to date.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:52 PM   #4
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks everyone.

Pretty crappy day. I sort of expected it, but not this week. There are a lot of glum faces around the arena this morning. The staff is upset as you'd expect. Lots of great and talented people behind the scenes that no one really sees.

I've had a ton of fun covering the team, getting to know the players and coaches, and of course the fans. Gained lots of great experience. I wouldn't have even got my start if not for CalgaryPuck, seriously. So thanks to all of you for being interested in the team. You're all great people. Thanks for reading all of the Heat Reports and features this year.

But it's not over yet. The Heat are playoff bound. Let's all hope for a big Calder Cup run to show the people of Abbotsford what they'll be missing.

Thanks again ya'll.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 85 Users Say Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post:
3thirty, Alberta_Beef, Badgers Nose, BloodFetish, Brando, btimbit, c.t.ner, Caged Great, calgarybornnraised, CalgaryFan1988, carom, cDnStealth, chalms04, ClubFlames, Cole436, cral12, davidbjordan, Da_Chief, devo22, Dion, Dorkmaster, Drury18, Fire, flambers, Flames Fan, Ph.D., flamesfan1297, flamesrule14, flames_fan13, Flamezzz, Francis's Hairpiece, Freeway, getbak, Goodlad, GreenHardHat, GreenLantern, GreenLantern2814, handgroen, Hockey_Ninja, Hugh Jahrmes, Huntingwhale, ignite09, Imported_Aussie, Inferno099, jaymac106, Johnny Rotten, JurassicTunga12, justafan, KevanGuy, KevinKlineReadingABook, kirant, kobasew19, Mango, Mazrim, mennoknight, Mightyfire89, Miniac, Mitch, MolsonInBothHands, monkeyman, MyFlamesFirst, Nandric, Nehkara, Party Elephant, Phaneufenstein, puckedoff, Rhettzky, Roof-Daddy, RyZ, Scornfire, Scoutski, Scrambler, Street Pharmacist, StrykerSteve, Stupid, The Swedish Flame, TheDebaser, Tilley, TjRhythmic, tknez16, Vox, Vulcan, wireframe, You Need a Thneed, Zevo, Ziggy Lidstrom
Old 04-15-2014, 02:01 PM   #5
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

I also want to express my gratitude to the man with the most awesome beard on my Twitter feed. I really enjoyed all of your work regarding the Heat and I can only imagine how ####ty this day must be to you. Hope the Heat go on a long playoff run to give you guys a proper goodbye!
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2014, 02:06 PM   #6
c.t.ner
First Line Centre

Exp:

There isn't enough thanks for guys like PMM, Drury18 and even Tiley back in the Omaha Knights days.

You guys have done some amazing work over the past few years and that sort of insightful feedback is what separates this board and community from the rest of the hockey communities out there.

Thanks for all your work guys. I really hope that PMM and Drury18 can leverage this work to further advance your career.
c.t.ner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to c.t.ner For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2014, 02:08 PM   #7
Freeway
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mike has a lot of fans in the Calgary media lounge, myself included. I'm definitely indebted to him for keeping me up-to-date with how the Heat were doing from an up-close perspective.

"Does a great job covering the Flames" - Elliotte Friedman
Freeway is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Freeway For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2014, 02:55 PM   #8
BloodFetish
First Line Centre

Exp:

Sucks, PMM. We'll be extremely lucky to get someone half as diligent as yourself in the next city. Maybe you'd be willing to relocate, hmmm?
BloodFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BloodFetish For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2014, 03:47 PM   #9
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre "Monster" McGuire View Post
Thanks everyone.

Pretty crappy day. I sort of expected it, but not this week. There are a lot of glum faces around the arena this morning. The staff is upset as you'd expect. Lots of great and talented people behind the scenes that no one really sees.

I've had a ton of fun covering the team, getting to know the players and coaches, and of course the fans. Gained lots of great experience. I wouldn't have even got my start if not for CalgaryPuck, seriously. So thanks to all of you for being interested in the team. You're all great people. Thanks for reading all of the Heat Reports and features this year.

But it's not over yet. The Heat are playoff bound. Let's all hope for a big Calder Cup run to show the people of Abbotsford what they'll be missing.

Thanks again ya'll.
Thank you so much for everything you have contributed PMM, it's been a blessing. I hope the Flames recognize what you have done and give you an opportunity in some capacity.

Let's hope for a deep deep playoff run and show the lower mainland what it's like to have a Professional Championship team and then ride off into the sunset!
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alberta_Beef For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2014, 05:37 PM   #10
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks for everything to both you PMM and Drury18.

You guys should come to Calgary some day.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caged Great For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2014, 05:57 PM   #11
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Thank you PMM for your updates and news about the Heat.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:59 PM   #12
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Thank You PMM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged Great View Post
Thanks for everything to both you PMM and Drury18.

You guys should come to Calgary some day.

I am actually Calgary based. We need to get PMM out here for sure though!

And convert him to a Hitmen fan!

Last edited by Drury18; 04-15-2014 at 06:01 PM.
Drury18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drury18 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2014, 06:00 PM   #13
The Swedish Flame
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Thank you guys, both PMM and Drury. You've done a great service for Flames/Heat fans everywhere.
The Swedish Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Swedish Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2014, 06:32 PM   #14
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury18 View Post
I am actually Calgary based. We need to get PMM out here for sure though!

And convert him to a Hitmen fan!
Never!

Kootenay Ice fan for life (or, I guess, until they leave town).
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2014, 07:04 PM   #15
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre "Monster" McGuire View Post
Never!

Kootenay Ice fan for life (or, I guess, until they leave town).
I am hoping they move to Lethbridge so I can become an Ice fan. If it happens I will buy seasons tickets and keep you updated
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alberta_Beef For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2014, 12:10 AM   #16
flamesrule14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

As a guy who loves to follow the prospects of the flames I can't thank PMM and Drury18 enough. Awesome work all these years and it truly is a shame it didn't work out in Abby. Really hope they go on a big playoff run for you guys and all the hardcore fans who have supported them.
flamesrule14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flamesrule14 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2014, 01:54 AM   #17
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

One thing I always respect is that PMM would give us all those great reports just down the line. Wouldn't sugar-coat anything, wouldn't be full of biases for the players he dislikes or likes. Just simple and effective thoughts on what he is seeing and what he is hearing. Has always been one of the better posters on this site. Well deserved that he got a nice gig out of it, and it is unfortunate that it is ending. Unfortunate for him, and unfortunate for us who have come to really depend on his thoughts with anything relating to the Heat.

Last edited by Calgary4LIfe; 04-16-2014 at 01:56 AM.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2014, 04:59 AM   #18
FlameZilla
First Line Centre

Exp:
Thumbs up

You 2 are both great at what you do. Thanks for your great posts over the last few years. Looking forward to the final push into the playoffs. Maybe the Heat can reward you by winning the Calder Cup! (Knock on wood)

I really hope there are some people who live near the new Heat location who can provide some similar info. I love reading these Heat & prospects threads.
FlameZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlameZilla For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2014, 07:45 PM   #19
flamesfan1297
First Line Centre

Exp:

Thank you to PMM and Drury18, you guys are great.

Halloween candy is horrifying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
"Putting nets on puck."

- Ferland 2016
flamesfan1297 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flamesfan1297 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2014, 10:22 PM   #20
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks PMM.

I actually don't come to the Heat board often but I do notice that you're a major news source nonetheless. Thank you for your sterling service.

Also, I wanted to add that whenever I see your name on the boards, I always imagined it being roared out over the PA in Beesly's voice in my head.

Tags
thank you pmm!