Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2014, 11:03 AM   #101
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I actually think I liked season one the most, then three, and season two the least. I'd probably have to watch them again to be sure, but there were some things in season two that didn't work for me (the alien crap in particular). I loved the cast of eclectic characters they brought in this season, even if it seems they shoehorned some of them in. Not really a fan of the feminist vibe, but it's different than the stuff I usually watch. The Bates/Bassett storyline was the best part of the season though, and I loved how it ended. On the other hand, I thought Jessica Lange had more to work with in the first two seasons.

Either way I am looking forward to next season, especially if they go the rumored Communism/carnival route.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:27 PM   #102
guzzy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Season 3 had a very weak ending. It showed promise for the first half and then just tapered off. I actually found the second half boring.

Season 1 was great
guzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:28 PM   #103
Eastern Girl
Crushed

Exp:

That was a horrible ending. They could have done so much good. They had a coven to work with, and witches with powers and they basically just turned it into some stupid cat fight. It was so anticlimactic. Hell, they had some of the best female leads you could ask for and it was just so blah. I can't believe that was the ending. Really disappointing. I prefer the second season to what this one turned out to be.

The best part of it, other than the cast being awesome, was the opening credits. So disturbing.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:19 PM   #104
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Girl View Post
The best part of it, other than the cast being awesome, was the opening credits. So disturbing.
I thought the season as good but not great. I think it would have been better if they kept more to a theme that followed the opening credits which was more witchcraft and voodoo in older times. I did like how they portrayed hell as a reoccurring nightmare for all involved. Would totally suck to have to relive your worst nightmare over and over for eternity.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:40 PM   #105
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought a lot of the creepy factor that was prevalent in the first two seasons (especially the first, wow) was sparse. Still enjoyed it thanks to the strong acting of the regulars along with Bates and Bassett, but not quite as much as before. I think the more classic "Horror" elements were missed.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:01 PM   #106
missdpuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well Misty and I have the same hell.

I agree that the ending seemed rushed.

I have yet to watch all of season 2; I kinda lost interest.

I still like the first season the best because to me there was a "suburban horror" thing that I identified with somehow.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:34 PM   #107
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

So did anyone else see the premiere of season 4? Wtf was that?
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:30 AM   #108
Igster
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
So did anyone else see the premiere of season 4? Wtf was that?
Yup. Was extremely strange. WTF was that kind of sums it up. Nothing really scared me at all in that opener. Was just bizarre. Don't think I'm going to like this season.

We should most likely start a new thread for each season.
Igster is offline   Reply With Quote