Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2014, 04:40 PM   #81
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

If you are ever in Surrey(suburb of Vancouver)

Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:21 PM   #82
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Got one of those grill/presses and been turning all my sannis into paninis. So good. My fave so far

Rye bread
Back bacon (pre grill briefly before assembling sandwich and regrilling
Swiss or strong aged chedder.
Pico de gallo
Dijon

Butter both sides of the bread for a nice greasy grill. Chow down!
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daradon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2014, 12:29 AM   #83
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

^^^^

My mouth got all spitty just reading that. Gonna give it a try.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 01:55 PM   #84
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Thanks pylon, appreciate it!

Recently rediscovered PB&J on a good bread and grill press. World of difference!

Here's another, somewhat weird idea for you guys. I was introduced to a 'Chip Buddy' by an Aussie friend years ago who made the ghetto mayo or mustard sandwiches with potato chips in them. While I didn't like the true version, I've been finding out adding a few chips to a sandwich really adds to the texture and some saltiness of course. Whether you want to make a healthy taste treat, or a ghetto masterpiece, consider adding potato chips to your sandwiches! Recently I came up with this:

'Daradon's Slightly Less Ghetto Chip Buddy'

Use a fluffy white bread bun of some sort. Bread and butter buns, or dinner rolls work great.
Butter the insides
Sprinkle the buttered sides with real bacon bits, Costco has bags of Hormel that are great for this and all sorts of other things, even healthy eats like salads. The butter will make sure the bits stay put. If you don't have bacon bits, real bacon will probably suffice. It'll seem a lot less ghetto though...
Layer a helping of new Lays Jalapeno Mac and Cheese chips. Anything more ghetto than Mac and Cheese? I think not!
Add a tiny amount of BBQ sauce. Sobey's Mango Curry, and Montana's Apple Butter are my two favorite sauces and work well in the sandwich.
Place the top on and smoosh your Chip Buddy with your hand and eat cold, or with your press and eat warm. A proper Chip Buddy must be smooshed somewhat.
Enjoy! And revel in the fact you are eating pretty much only chips and condiments!

Last edited by Daradon; 09-24-2014 at 02:00 PM.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:28 PM   #85
Ruttiger
First Line Centre

Exp:

White bread - smooth peanut butter - Velveeta cheese.

mic drop /thread
Ruttiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:38 PM   #86
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chump View Post
It's been mentioned a few times in this thread but Peppino's in the plus 15 at 4th and 4th makes amazing sandwiches.
I tried Peppino's today at 4th and 4th. It was acceptable but not exceptional. The sandwich could have used more lettuce and cheese. It had a decent amount of meat on it though. I would visit again because they do have a good selection.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:06 PM   #87
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

On the home made front. Specifically in the grilled cheese sandwich department. I made grilled cheese last night and the folks I live with mentioned putting Imperial Extra old spreadable cheese in it along with the usual cheddar cheese slices. Comes in a red cream cheese type tub with a black lid.

One word, mind blowing! I can honestly say I can never eat another grilled cheese without that spread. Total game changer. Add a garlic chipotle aioli side to dip and its pure bliss.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:22 PM   #88
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daradon View Post
Thanks pylon, appreciate it!

Recently rediscovered PB&J on a good bread and grill press. World of difference!

Here's another, somewhat weird idea for you guys. I was introduced to a 'Chip Buddy' by an Aussie friend years ago who made the ghetto mayo or mustard sandwiches with potato chips in them. While I didn't like the true version, I've been finding out adding a few chips to a sandwich really adds to the texture and some saltiness of course. Whether you want to make a healthy taste treat, or a ghetto masterpiece, consider adding potato chips to your sandwiches! Recently I came up with this:

'Daradon's Slightly Less Ghetto Chip Buddy'

Use a fluffy white bread bun of some sort. Bread and butter buns, or dinner rolls work great.
Butter the insides
Sprinkle the buttered sides with real bacon bits, Costco has bags of Hormel that are great for this and all sorts of other things, even healthy eats like salads. The butter will make sure the bits stay put. If you don't have bacon bits, real bacon will probably suffice. It'll seem a lot less ghetto though...
Layer a helping of new Lays Jalapeno Mac and Cheese chips. Anything more ghetto than Mac and Cheese? I think not!
Add a tiny amount of BBQ sauce. Sobey's Mango Curry, and Montana's Apple Butter are my two favorite sauces and work well in the sandwich.
Place the top on and smoosh your Chip Buddy with your hand and eat cold, or with your press and eat warm. A proper Chip Buddy must be smooshed somewhat.
Enjoy! And revel in the fact you are eating pretty much only chips and condiments!
Sounds awesome in a really weird way. Small nitpick but it's a chip butty. Gordon Ramsay makes then with fries (British chips of course).
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 04:23 PM   #89
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruttiger View Post
White bread - smooth peanut butter - Velveeta cheese.

mic drop /thread
My mind says "f no" but my taste buds are like "he might be on to something".
woob is offline   Reply With Quote