Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2013, 07:03 PM   #241
BlAcKNoVa
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

New ranked system in League coming out soon.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/n...ng-soon-ranked

I've been playing this game off and on since summer 2011, but have never played a single ranked game once.
BlAcKNoVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #242
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

I've had LoL since beta (I had no clue what it was and ran straight across the map before spawns) I'm still only level 13 but very recently got interested again and picked up some champs and will be doing a leveling marathon on Saturday. I really enjoy this game its the time commitment with no interruption that stopped me from playing more.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:43 AM   #243
Kavvy
Self Imposed Exile

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipperriffic View Post
I remember some CP members had this minecraft server going; anyone ever consider some type of League of Legends CP Team?
I am only lev 23 but I would be game
Kavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:16 PM   #244
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Loving Nocturne in the jungle. His ult is pretty crazy! Only about 5-6 games into playing jungle so still learning it a bit but a different aspect of the game for sure and a lot of fun.
HOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #245
Super-Rye
First Line Centre

Exp:

I also just started jungling. I've been using Warwick. Warwick is quickly becoming one of my favorite champs. When he gets fed and tanky it's damn hard to kill him. Lots of fun but still have a lot to learn.
Super-Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #246
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

I've found myself more or less forced into jungling out of necessity when playing with some of my friends. Their lack of flexibilty in terms of champs/roles has really hurt our team compositions. If there is one peice of advice I can give it is to get experience playing multiple roles. People who can play different roles often have a better understanding of the game and are better players. With that said, jungling is by far the most important job and the most thankless, soul crushing role in the entire game. You have to have thick skin with all of the ####-talk that comes your way.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #247
Super-Rye
First Line Centre

Exp:

I haven't gotten any smack for jungling yet. That's a shame, I look forward too it.

I'm trying to get good with 2 champs at every position. So far I've got Top: Nasus and Garen. Mid: Veigar and Katarina. ADC: Tristiana and Ashe. Jungle: Warwick. Any suggestiosn on who my 2 support champs and my other jungle should be?
Old 01-23-2013, 02:40 PM   #248
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super-Rye View Post
I haven't gotten any smack for jungling yet. That's a shame, I look forward too it.

I'm trying to get good with 2 champs at every position. So far I've got Top: Nasus and Garen. Mid: Veigar and Katarina. ADC: Tristiana and Ashe. Jungle: Warwick. Any suggestiosn on who my 2 support champs and my other jungle should be?
Yup, someone says something practically every game. You'll quickly learn that it's always the jungle's fault. Your top gets killed because he has no wards and has pushed the enemy to his tower and it's your fault he died because you didn't gank. GG.

As for supports, it depends entirely on how you want to play. If you want to heal and buff you can't fail going with either Soraka or Sona. If you're looking to help secure kills for your adc you can go with Blitzcrank or Leona. I regularly rotate through a number of different champs when I am jungling. The ones I enjoy playing are Olaf, Gangplank, Nocturne, Renekton, Wukong, Xin Zhao, Jax and Shen. Olaf is one of the better jungles although I'd much rather play him top.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #249
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Quote:

Supports:

Blitzcrank. The character is pretty much broken. If you play vs. a good Blitzcrank with a good AD carry, you're going to get fed. He is perma ban in ranked.

Taric. Good overall character, safe, can switch from offense to defense with ease.

Jungle:

Skarner. My go to Jungler. Fairly easy to pick up and learn, decent stats, game changing ult for late game.

Olaf. He is a good top lane champ as well, but his early game and mid game are scary good, just rush a Warmogs armor. If you can land your axes (this can make or break an Olaf) you'll do fine. Otherwise you're a liability.
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #250
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I'm probably not the best to take advice from since I've been playing a whole two months or so but for support I really enjoy Sona and Taric. Both have a stun (Sona's ult) & heal so its good for when your ADC is getting hit or chased. I prefer Sona over Taric but she is a bit one deminsional in that she is a true support where Taric later in the game can actually do some damage.

As for a second jungle I would check out Nocturne. His ult is truly a game changer once you figure out how to use it properly. Also great for team fights because if a 2-3 of their team is low health and bailing on the fight you can jump over everyone to the the furthest enemy and then work your way back for a double or triple kill. He also has one of the fastest jungle times from what I have read online. He is also great for ganks because of your ult you can attack from places people are just not going to ward, either due to cost or not knowing. Plus once you get to the point of having your Randuin's Omen and your Phage/Frozen Mallet you become pretty hard to get in team battles.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:27 AM   #251
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Top bans in high elo, are what, shaco, Elise, Blitzkrank, Shen, Evelyn, Katarina, Kha'zix, Thresh, bolded the ones that are really OP atm.

Top lane favorites Kha'zix, Olaf, Singed and Darius. Want to try out Nidalee top tanky along with Elise if shes not banned.
Mid if I'm forced to play, Karthus, Katarina, Ryze and I want to try out some AD mid, Pantheon seems to be dominating mid lately.
Jungle I like to be Cho´gath, Olaf, Hecarim (fast jungler), Kha´zix, Maoikai, Amumu.

If I'm support I try to get Blitz, if he's not available I play something pretty safe like Sona or even Soraka seems to be in style again.

I avoid AD carry like the plague, the rare times I do play my favorite lately is Twitch and Graves.

I want to play a lot more Elise, Khazix and I really really need to learn Lee Sin and nocture Jungle, have never played either!

Last edited by Thor; 01-25-2013 at 07:39 AM.
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #252
BlAcKNoVa
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Who likes the new ranked system in LoL? I never did ranked before (been playing off and on for 2 years) but this new system seemed intriguing, so I thought I would finally make the plunge. Had some horrible luck with afk'ers and mega feeders in my placement matches and went 3 wins 7 losses, so I got thrown into Bronze tier's division 4 where I still remain lol...two or three losses in a row can really set you back.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:16 AM   #253
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlAcKNoVa View Post
Who likes the new ranked system in LoL? I never did ranked before (been playing off and on for 2 years) but this new system seemed intriguing, so I thought I would finally make the plunge. Had some horrible luck with afk'ers and mega feeders in my placement matches and went 3 wins 7 losses, so I got thrown into Bronze tier's division 4 where I still remain lol...two or three losses in a row can really set you back.
I've only ever played a couple of ranked games but for S3 my buddies and I have decided to play more ranked and less normal. Made a ranked team last night so we're all ready to go. At first glance the new ranked system looks exactly like Starcraft 2's.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #254
Super-Rye
First Line Centre

Exp:

Nasus just got a huge buff. His mana costs are down and his q gets a +6 from larger minions. I've actually been using him to jungle lately. He's not the fastest and because I don't have lvl 3 runes the jungle can definitely do a lot of damage on him to start, but wither is a strong slow and Nasus has lvl 3 gank potential and the jungle allows him to build his q up quick early game.

Also been watching too much of the champions league recently. Curse is far too good at this game.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:37 AM   #255
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Voyboy is probably one of the best players in the world, watching his streams you see him absolutely pounce on others in diamond and challenger tiers.

I probably watch more streaming than actually play the game, kinda weird.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:45 PM   #256
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Meet Quinn & Valor her hawk...

http://www.examiner.com/article/quin...gue-of-legends

Quote:
Harrier (Passive)

Valor marks a nearby enemy with Vulnerability for 4.5 seconds. If Quinn attacks a vulnerable enemy, she deals 25 / 35 / 45 / 55 / 65 / 75 / 85 / 95 / 105 / 115 / 125 / 135 / 145 / 225 / 240 / 255 / 270 / 285 + (50% bonus AD) bonus physical damage. This cannot occur again for 10 seconds, or 3 seconds if Quinn triggers the vulnerability. Valor will first prioritize Quinn's most recent attack target. If Quinn has not attacked anyone recently, Valor will target nearby low health units (prioritizing champions over minions).

Harrier isn't available while Tag Team is active.

Blinding Assault (Q)

RANGE: 1025
COOLDOWN: 11 / 10 / 9 / 8 / 7
COST: 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80 mana
ACTIVE - QUINN: Quinn commands Valor to fly forwards in a line, stopping when he collides with an enemy. Valor then deals physical damage and blinds nearby enemies for 1.5 seconds.
PHYSICAL DAMAGE: 70 / 110 / 150 / 190 / 230 (+ 65% bonus AD)
ACTIVE - VALOR: Valor deals physical damage to all enemies in an area and blinds them for 1.5 seconds.
PHYSICAL DAMAGE: 70 / 110 / 150 / 190 / 230 (+ 65% bonus AD)

Heightened Senses (W)

RANGE: 2100
COOLDOWN: 50 / 45 / 40 / 35 / 30
COST: No cost
PASSIVE - QUINN: Attacking a Vulnerable target will increase Quinn's attack speed for 3 seconds.
BONUS ATTACK SPEED: 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40%
PASSIVE - VALOR: Valor has bonus attack speed.
ACTIVE: Valor reveals the surrounding area for 2 seconds.BONUS ATTACK SPEED: 40 / 50 / 60 / 70 / 80%

Vault (E)

RANGE: 750
COOLDOWN: 12 / 11 / 10 / 9 / 8
COST: 50 mana
ACTIVE - QUINN: Quinn dashes to an enemy, dealing physical damage and slowing the target's movement speed by 70%. This slow decays over 2 seconds. Upon reaching the target, she leaps off and lands near her maximum attack range away from the target. Valor will immediately mark this target as Vulnerable.
PHYSICAL DAMAGE: 40 / 70 / 100 / 130 / 160 (+ 20% bonus AD)
ACTIVE - VALOR: Valor dashes to an enemy, dealing physical damage and slowing the target's movement speed by 70%. This slow decays over 2 seconds.
PHYSICAL DAMAGE: 40 / 70 / 100 / 130 / 160 (+ 20% bonus AD)

Tag Team (R)

COOLDOWN: 140 / 120 / 100
COST: 100 mana
ACTIVE - QUINN: Valor replaces Quinn on the battlefield as a mobile melee attacker for 20 seconds with an alternate set of abilities. Valor can move through units and gains 80% bonus movement speed that gradually decreases to 20% while in combat.
SkystrikeRANGE: 700
ACTIVE - VALOR: Quinn returns to perform Skystrike, dealing physical damage to all enemies in a large area. The damage increases depending on how much health they are missing. If Skystrike has not been cast before Tag Team ends, it will be cast automatically.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL DAMAGE: 120 / 170 / 220 (+ 50% bonus AD)
MAXIMUM PHYSICAL DAMAGE: 240 / 340 / 440 (+ 100% bonus AD)
Old 02-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #257
BlAcKNoVa
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Early beta footage of Quinn's skills and emotes.

Old 02-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #258
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can someone please help me with this "animation cancellation" people talk about? I try the A + Right Click but it doesn't seem to do anything different than I was doing before. Even with Ashe going from AA to W to AA they say it should skip the finishing animation of the first auto attack but I don't notice a difference.

Is the difference so small you wouldn't notice it really or am I missing something?
Old 02-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #259
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOT View Post
Can someone please help me with this "animation cancellation" people talk about? I try the A + Right Click but it doesn't seem to do anything different than I was doing before. Even with Ashe going from AA to W to AA they say it should skip the finishing animation of the first auto attack but I don't notice a difference.

Is the difference so small you wouldn't notice it really or am I missing something?

Basically you do your damage before the full animation goes off and you want to do something during that time.

Yes, to answer your question it is very significant and it does improve your gameplay. It can easily turn that person who is 2-3 hits away from death getting under their tower to a kill. Or will allow you to get those extra couple hits off before they reach you.

There is no animation cancel button - what they mean is that you stop the auto attack animation right after you do damage to your target. **this you need to practice the timing of** You do this by moving your character to. Move towards or away from your target, attack them again, repeat.

People use the attack move command because it means you don't have to click on your target, it just attacks the closest one.

This can be very difficult to do manually, especially when kiting. (You have to move your character, Auto attack by clicking on your target, move your character again, then click directly on the target - this is a lot easier to do manually when chasing someone, not when kiting, because you click behind your character, then in front where the enemy is).

Right now I do it manually - I really should practice it with the auto attack click.

This was one of the better videos I found regarding this topic. Look up "orbwalking" on youtube for some additional information on it.

Last edited by CaramonLS; 02-20-2013 at 07:24 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaramonLS For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #260
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOT View Post
Even with Ashe going from AA to W to AA they say it should skip the finishing animation of the first auto attack but I don't notice a difference.
This is slightly different.

Some skills reset the Auto attack timer - like Ezreal's mystic shot and Ashe's W. So you always want to AA -> W -> AA to make the most of it. It is similar to Orb walking as you just use the W to cancel the animation of the first AA (after the damage is applied), then AA them again.

It helps early game a lot as you can get the 2nd auto attack off really quickly - usually double attack speed.
The Following User Says Thank You to CaramonLS For This Useful Post: