Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2012, 07:20 PM   #201
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaramonLS View Post
I never ever start Dorans because if your opponent harasses you, you can be pushed out of lane far too easily. Maybe if you have a healing support, but Sona / Taric wont take heal at level one (their heals are too weak anyways) and Soraka has been nerfed so hard.

Soraka would be the only one I would consider it on.
I start Doran's because I harass especially if I pick Cait.

Last edited by cDnStealth; 12-12-2012 at 08:05 PM.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #202
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
solomid.net
mobafire.com

For Builds.

The good thing is that you will not hear "stole my kill" too often once you get up to 30. People understand it a little better. If someone says you "ksed" them, just tell them "Kill secured"

As far as Miss Fortune goes - actually for most AD carries it is like this for your build (Ezreal and Corki are slightly different) or with a couple other mods.

Boots / 3 potions to start.
1st buy - Dorans Blade / Vamp Scepter / Upgrade to Bezerker Greaves
(If you fall far behind get a 2nd blade, but you should be OK)
(If you are far ahead you can get a BF Sword)
Start building Infinity Edge and Finish it (1st major item)
Phantom Dancer (2nd)
Last Whisper (3rd)
Blood Thirstier (4th)
Guardian Angel (5th)

You'll sell your Doran's Sword at some point to make room.

That's it.

Run 21/9/0 Masteries (all into AD / Damage)

Attack Damage Quints, Marks, Armor Seals and Magic Resist Glyphs. Don't buy runes till level 20 and only buy tier 3 ones. Others are traps!
The trap got me. Not knowing what they were I kinda bought a few to fill my spots but was told that night not to waste the XP, whoops. Not a huge deal overall though. Runes and Masteries I still have a while to go before I can fill all of them up, or even make it to level 20, but good to know. I've put the Masteries I've already gotten mainly into defense so I have a bit more room to play with when making mistakes. For example clicking the ground and running into the middle of a fight instead of clicking on a character/minion.

With the "stole my kill" line I always say the same thing, move on and win the game. It was the same in Halo and it was annoying to hear all the time when there are objective more important than kill count. Maybe because I'm new I don't care as much but I'd be more than happy to go 0/0/0 and my team win.

That build is pretty close to what I've been doing when playing but with the update have been told to go for The Black Clever 1st or 2nd big item because its been increased for an ADC. So my buys (depending on situation) will look something like this...

- Boots/2 Health/1 Mana
- Vamp Scep
- Ruby Crystal/Long Sword
- Finish The Black Clever (1st)
- Upgrade Boots
- BF Sword/The Bloodthir (2nd)
- Zeal
- Phantom Dancer (3rd)

Then I will buy either of these depending on where the game is at. If I'm behind I will pick up the Infinity Edge (4th) for CS and more $, or if ahead I will look at Last Whisper (5th) for more AD/AP combo.

I play a ton of bottom so if I have extra cash and don't need any Health or Mana pots I will purchase a Vision Ward (depending on support) to put in the bush by the stream to save me from the ganks. Been pretty successful with this so far.

I've had a few disagreements with friends but I personally like getting my Double Shot first because of it's long range to hit characters behind the minions, most seem to like Make It Rain first but I'm not a huge fan because of the position you usually have to put yourself in to move the lane and use it properly. Then I will get Make it Rain 2nd, then Impure Shots 3rd. One I have level 1 of each I max out Double Shot 1st, Impure Shots 2nd, and Make It Rain last, with my Ult upgraded when it can be obviously.

I'm still learning so my build might look suspect but I've been messing around with different combos and been pretty happy with this one so far.

Last edited by HOOT; 12-12-2012 at 07:26 PM.
HOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #203
DatSOOKin
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

HOOT, If i were you, I would save your IP for level 30 runes. Buying them at 10 and 20 is a bit of a waste.
DatSOOKin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DatSOOKin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #204
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

You're building her correctly for skills with Q - always get your double shot first (Q), but I would max W next, then Make it rain (E)

That is for the right reason, it is very good harassment in lane against your opponent, and it helps you win trades too.

The reason you build W next is because it gives passive damage on your autos and a major attack speed steroid.

It also gives you reliable, single target damage. Make it Rain isn't reliable because it is damage over time and it is a skillshot, which is rather difficult to place.
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #205
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatSOOKin View Post
HOOT, If i were you, I would save your IP for level 30 runes. Buying them at 10 and 20 is a bit of a waste.
You can buy T3 runes @ lvl 20.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:29 PM   #206
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You're building her correctly for skills with Q - always get your double shot first (Q), but I would max W next, then Make it rain (E)

That is for the right reason, it is very good harassment in lane against your opponent, and it helps you win trades too.

The reason you build W next is because it gives passive damage on your autos and a major attack speed steroid.

It also gives you reliable, single target damage. Make it Rain isn't reliable because it is damage over time and it is a skillshot, which is rather difficult to place.
I think you misread my post.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #207
DatSOOKin
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
You can buy T3 runes @ lvl 20.
oops . its been like 2 years since I was in that position haha. Point still stands - just save till you can afford Tier 3 runes.
DatSOOKin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:11 AM   #208
BlAcKNoVa
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

If I play AD carry I usually do Caitlyn. My starting items use to be a Doran's Blade (and I would buy two more). It would either work extremely well or I'd be the team's worst player. So I started playing it more safely the last few weeks with the boots and 3 health pots.

I try to stay in lane as long as I can by not being ultra aggressive and just try and farm as much as I can so my first time back I buy a B.F. sword. If not I'll go ahead and grab the Beserker greaves. Infinity Edge should be your first core item build. I usually go straight for Bloodthirster next followed by the new range only item, Runaan's Hurricane, then Last Whisperer. Last item provided the game lasts that long should always be a Guardian Angel.

I played a game yesterday with randoms and had two people wanting to play support. Somehow we all ended up picking support classes. Gotta say that was the most fun game I've had in a long time lol...I chose Karma and finished 25-11-11. I think I will try her in mid sometime soon, see how that goes.
BlAcKNoVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #209
Kipperriffic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Just downloaded this game a week ago. I chose Garen...I am good with the "micro" but it is hard to fight ranged classes unless you ambush them. I have yet to know anything about what to do with all those neutral things in the "jungle" area. Much to learn.
Kipperriffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:27 PM   #210
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

I absolutely hate Caitlyn. She is anti-fun to lane against because of her range / poke, but she doesn't get a ton of kills, she just forces you out of lane really early. I usually need at least one jungle visit just to get her off my nuts early game (A good Cait).

She is easily the safest AD carry to lane with. Bar none.

However, she falls off pretty hard late game compared to other ADs. She scales the worst out of all them in terms of DPS (apart from Ashe, but Ashe has a TON of utility).
Old 12-18-2012, 06:10 AM   #211
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I absolutely hate Caitlyn. She is anti-fun to lane against because of her range / poke, but she doesn't get a ton of kills, she just forces you out of lane really early. I usually need at least one jungle visit just to get her off my nuts early game (A good Cait).

She is easily the safest AD carry to lane with. Bar none.

However, she falls off pretty hard late game compared to other ADs. She scales the worst out of all them in terms of DPS (apart from Ashe, but Ashe has a TON of utility).
Cait + Blitz = gg bot lane. I get plenty of kills with Cait especially once you get her ult. I actually use to mid with her in season 1 because she can lock a lane down so effectively with her range and traps. But she is indeed very fragile end game.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #212
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cDnStealth View Post
Cait + Blitz = gg bot lane. I get plenty of kills with Cait especially once you get her ult. I actually use to mid with her in season 1 because she can lock a lane down so effectively with her range and traps. But she is indeed very fragile end game.
Yeah, a Blitz pull into a trap is pretty ugly. But Blitz is also pretty much perma banned in ranked / draft mode.

She just doesn't have any steriods or good AD scaling spells like a lot of other carries do. I mean you can win with any AD carry, especially if you crush them early and if she wins you lots of games, then more power to you.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:00 AM   #213
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, a Blitz pull into a trap is pretty ugly. But Blitz is also pretty much perma banned in ranked / draft mode.

She just doesn't have any steriods or good AD scaling spells like a lot of other carries do. I mean you can win with any AD carry, especially if you crush them early and if she wins you lots of games, then more power to you.
Yes Blitz gets banned a lot but Naut actually fills in nicely. Early kill strategy is to get into the bush closest to their tower and stack traps on top of each other. Let them run into the trap the have someone stun or pull them back. Easy first blood. She is very much an early game/mid game champ but she falls off fast. I remember when everyone complained about her. Graves is still my ranged ADC champ of choice but Cait is fun if you have a good pre-made.

Last edited by cDnStealth; 12-18-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #214
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been having quite a bit of fun with Cho'Gath lately. nom-nom-nom But it's hit or miss, I usually have a really good game or really bad, no in between. I think my biggest mistake is when starting a new game I forget he is not feed.

Only really played Miss Fortune and Cho'Gath, with the odd Ashe when MF gets picked. I picked up a bundle to a get around 20 champs so I can kinda play around with different characters and roles within the game. I went for the "Digital Collectors Pack" it seemed like the best value and had a bunch of champs I recognized. I'll give more and more champs a try as I get use to the game.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:08 PM   #215
Super-Rye
First Line Centre

Exp:

My buddy is teaching me how to play. This game is far too addictive.

I've been using Nasus and Master Yi. I really like Nasus' Q, but it's hard to build up when being harassed. Master Yi has some serious punch but my buddy says he becomes more useless the higher your level.
Super-Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:06 AM   #216
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Your buddy is mostly right. Yi has a decent early game but as a match drags on he becomes pretty useless. I would rather have literally any other champion on my team than a Yi. Perhaps you should try Fiora out. She is like Yi but more useful.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:21 AM   #217
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's also true as in terms of player level. At low player level, there is less ability for an unskilled player to hard counter Yi and he can snowball to no end. At higher skill games, he needs to be much less aggressive and needs to pick his spots very carefully.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:08 AM   #218
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

So mad I started S3 7-1 but only got put at 1350ish elo, then came home after a party well lubed and lost like 4-5.

Moral of story, don't play ranked under the influence.

I have been playing mostly Singed/Olaf top, or Olaf/rengar/maokai jungle. I'm loving Olaf again, and Singed is near unbeatable against a lot of top players.

Neat to see Teemo getting bans now in ranked, I've always enjoyed AP teemo and he's quite annoying now for opponents.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:48 AM   #219
Gozer
Not the one...

Exp:

I've been playing long enough to get the handle of it.

My favourite units have been Jana and Corki.
Gozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:42 AM   #220
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm really enjoy playing Pantheon. I love the Skyfall skill - nothing better than landing in the middle of a group of minions and seeing all of the die and getting all the gold!! lol
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote