Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2024, 05:06 PM   #1821
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I know they've had injuries but it's very strange to me that a team with that kind of resourcing would be so thin as to have to play an aging midfielder at centre back. Have they just loaned out all their depth or are they truly that shallow at CB?

I don't know their squad as well as someone who follows them closely would but seems the Ineos crew coming in who think they're going to fix everything in a couple years have a rude awakening coming. With the financial restrictions now just buying 2-3 high end centre backs is probably a big chunk of what you can do in one window unless you try to cheap out and find bargains or manage to sell a couple players on for big money, which is hard to see beyond Rashford. Tough to pick up value players cheaply at a big 5 club though with everyone in europe asking for a brinks truck the second they see them coming.
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 06:51 PM   #1822
MegaErtz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

They're missing a ton of players, but at CB alone:

Kambwala
Maguire
Lindelof
Martinez
Varane

Luke Shaw is a LB for sure, but has played many matches at CB as well. He was also out today. I think we all know their manager is gone in a couple of weeks, but kind of hard to judge him when he's had such harsh luck with injuries.
MegaErtz is offline   Reply With Quote