Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2022, 10:47 PM   #1041
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

GS, all these years of posting obscure hot takes in soccer, and here you are this whole time, an ignorant & dangerous driver with the wherewithal to believe you're in the right.

I tip my hat to you.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 10:58 PM   #1042
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

I'm not saying I'm in the right. I'm just conveying situations I encounter. I rant about alot of stuff I'm wrong about.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 02:31 PM   #1043
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Ghosted by a recruiter. Contacted me about a job I applied for, wanting to speak. Proposed a date/time, never heard back, no call or email. I called and left an email after he didn’t get in touch, and still nothing.

Good way to sour a prospective employer.
Old 07-20-2022, 03:28 PM   #1044
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
I’m living in the Beltline for a few months, so bike across the 12th Ave cycletrack twice a day. So far, the scooters have been by far the biggest hazard to contend with. Cars, cyclists, pedestrians…all relatively predictable. The people riding the scooters though are all over the place...whether it’s inexperienced first-time rider weaving in and out of lanes, the oblivious packs who treat it like a rolling party, or like in your story, those riding aggressively without any regard for other’s safety.

I get why they are popular, and I think they can be a good transportation option for short/medium urban trips…but man, I’m starting to get why so many people hate them. You're just never sure what rider you will come across, which is what makes them annoying.
We want to watch the world burn.
Old 07-21-2022, 08:02 AM   #1045
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't know if anyone has any insight on this. It looks like a member of my family was hit by debit card fraud.

All thefts were etransfers, and unfortunately was incremental over months. We're freaking out, and I'm reading horror stories about how the banks won't reimburse funds that are lost. Have no idea how the thief got the unique password for the etransfers, even if they had the card number.

Last edited by Harry Lime; 07-21-2022 at 08:26 AM. Reason: edited to be more vague
Harry Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 08:18 AM   #1046
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not to sound rude - it sounds like she is making up a story and probably was sending someone money online
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 08:22 AM   #1047
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
Not to sound rude - it sounds like she is making up a story and probably was sending someone money online
No.
Old 07-21-2022, 08:23 AM   #1048
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
Or was a victim of online fraud of some sort. I don’t know that a debit card going missing leads to e-transfers being siphoned. They’d need a lot more information than that, which could have been gathered from an online scam. In this case, I don’t know that cancelling the card would have done anything.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2022, 08:30 AM   #1049
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Or was a victim of online fraud of some sort. I don’t know that a debit card going missing leads to e-transfers being siphoned. They’d need a lot more information than that, which could have been gathered from an online scam. In this case, I don’t know that cancelling the card would have done anything.
It could have just been coincidental timing. She doesn't give out information, but I'm aware that fraudsters are way more experienced and sophisticated than we are, so who knows what happened. I'm worried that the bank just shrugs, and if anyone has gone through the meetings that we are going to have to set up today.
Old 07-21-2022, 08:35 AM   #1050
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
It could have just been coincidental timing. She doesn't give out information, but I'm aware that fraudsters are way more experienced and sophisticated than we are, so who knows what happened. I'm worried that the bank just shrugs, and if anyone has gone through the meetings that we are going to have to set up today.
It might be helpful to go through some emails and texts prior to when the money started coming out and see if there are any from random or dupe accounts (like her bank or something like that) asking for information/to click a button to confirm information/etc. At least you could then identify the possible source of the scam and show the bank.

My experience is limited but I know a decent number of banks usually take care of you if you were an obvious victim of fraud.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2022, 09:45 AM   #1051
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
Ghosted by a recruiter. Contacted me about a job I applied for, wanting to speak. Proposed a date/time, never heard back, no call or email. I called and left an email after he didn’t get in touch, and still nothing.

Good way to sour a prospective employer.
It's a shame that with recruiters the 99 bad ones give a bad reputation to the one good one.
InglewoodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to InglewoodFan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2022, 04:04 PM   #1052
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

So I did reach the recruiter. Had all my awesome points, company research prepared, ready to crush it.

...20 seconds in and the ‘salary’ so pathetically low I had to stifle a laugh. I didn’t realize I had such little value in the marketplace.
Old 07-21-2022, 05:04 PM   #1053
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

The last recruiter I had an interaction with started her introduction with "Hello Rajesh".

My name is James. Swing and a miss.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 05:14 PM   #1054
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
The last recruiter I had an interaction with started her introduction with "Hello Rajesh".

My name is James. Swing and a miss.
Do you even look like a Rajesh?

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 05:37 PM   #1055
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Do you even look like a Rajesh?
Perhaps a very, very pale Rajesh.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 07:03 PM   #1056
Kiran403
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Job hunting in general GMG. I've been at my current job since 2018 but I soon realized it was not a fit. Started looking for a new one in 2019 with no luck and paused for 2020 and part of 2021 due to Covid. I restarted my search mid 2021 and have still had no luck. Maybe 3 interviews total with one offer but it was basically the same job I have now for less money. I'm trying to switch industries and have applied for jobs equal in pay/stature, greater in pay/stature and lower in pay/stature with absolutely no positive responses. I've had a few different people critique my resume and have made changes accordingly but still nothing.
I don't understand how all these companies are supposedly so short on staff but I can't even get a callback. Extremely frustrating to say the least.
Kiran403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kiran403 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2022, 08:48 AM   #1057
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiran403 View Post
Job hunting in general GMG. I've been at my current job since 2018 but I soon realized it was not a fit. Started looking for a new one in 2019 with no luck and paused for 2020 and part of 2021 due to Covid. I restarted my search mid 2021 and have still had no luck. Maybe 3 interviews total with one offer but it was basically the same job I have now for less money. I'm trying to switch industries and have applied for jobs equal in pay/stature, greater in pay/stature and lower in pay/stature with absolutely no positive responses. I've had a few different people critique my resume and have made changes accordingly but still nothing.
I don't understand how all these companies are supposedly so short on staff but I can't even get a callback. Extremely frustrating to say the least.
They all probably need to hire someone to do the hiring.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 09:21 AM   #1058
GrrlGoalie33
First Line Centre

Exp:

A couple of years ago, I had a company send an offer letter and recind it by the time I could get to Staples for ink and back (15 minutes max each way)
GrrlGoalie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 09:27 AM   #1059
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

You are messaging me on teams, my name is right there but you feel the need to spell it wrong every time? I can understand once maybe, or even edit it if you notice it but to consistently spell it wrong is just total disrespect to me. I don't care that its wrong I care that you don't care enough to get it right.

People sometimes call me by my last name, more times than normal but when they do that they spell it right so it doesn't bug me. It's simple respect, we had someone named Christopher, called him Chris once he said he didn't like that so addressed him as Christopher from then on.

Edit: And just to point out its not a hard name its 4 letters . . .
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2022, 09:29 AM   #1060
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Maybe he doesn't like you? I'll sometimes misspell somebody's name on purpose to show them I hate them.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post: