Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2022, 09:29 PM   #821
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Welcome to Safeway self checkout, would you like us to ask you for your loyalty card at the same time as you're paying with your credit card orrrrrrr....how about after you scan your first item and are holding the next item aka the most inconvenient time possible?

Well, good news we've decided to do both!!
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2022, 09:36 PM   #822
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Welcome to Safeway self checkout, would you like us to ask you for your loyalty card at the same time as you're paying with your credit card orrrrrrr....how about after you scan your first item and are holding the next item aka the most inconvenient time possible?

Oh man, isn’t that annoying. Like, yes I have it but no I’m not taking my wallet out of my pocket now. I’m scanning my items fool.

They just put in new machines at our location and I was falsely hoping that they wouldn’t still do that.
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2022, 09:46 PM   #823
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

My favourite part is that the pop up has to be manually disabled by selecting no. Scanning your second item does nothing. So stupid.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 07-10-2022, 09:49 PM   #824
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Oddly enough Superstore has the most intuitive self checkout POS, but it is all ruined by not having enough for how big they are, having one or two down at almost all times and some of the biggest strugglers on planet earth using them.

Love the actual system, though. Very fast and everything is prompted at the right time in the process.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 09:52 PM   #825
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Mice, voles, all the small ground habitating ####ers that get into places just to soil themselves, chew on stuff and die there.
Are hamsters an artificial lifeform who's sole purpose is to spy on us for their creators? Can you imagine the natural habitat of the wild hamster, fighting for survival in whatever climate requires an extra 19 layers of fluff, and an instinct for self harm that puts lemmings to shame?
Old 07-10-2022, 10:50 PM   #826
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

So we went to stampede this AM, knowing it would be crowded AF, and yes I realize this is a lame bitch but for something so hyped there needs to be a concerted effort to make the experience as good as can be.

I do wonder if the Stampede isn’t a little overdue for some reevaluating it’s operations, and limiting capacity a bit more. There needs to be a little less of the exact same food vendors, spaces a little more, with line control and designated walkways. I do quite well in crowds, but I can see how anyone who went out of their way to bring a family would have had a bad experience, spending more time trying to move along than actually enjoying any of the events, most of which we were told were at capacity until the evening. I mean, we didn’t really care because my daughter was able to see the horses in the stables and that’s all I wanted, but it would be disappointing as a ‘family trip’. Maybe it was extra tight because of the BMO expansion or something.

By far the worst offenders were the massively overflowing garbage cans all along the sidewalks leading up to the park. 10am and trash heaps blowing all over. Get it together City, you ####ing know waste disposal is going to be a big deal at an event largely centred around stupid food consumption.

Also way overdue to do something about the railroad restricting access to the parking lots. Sort of felt bad for anyone in a car today, because it all naturally bottlenecks big time and with the Ramsay access closed it looked like people would have spent an hour just to move a few blocks.
Old 07-11-2022, 01:09 AM   #827
Knut

Exp:

We actually completely bricked the family trip tot he stampede today based on what our friends were posting about the grounds. Went to Calaway instead. What a great day. Got on rides quick and the kids has a blast. Going to try Wednesday for the Stampede.

I think Stampede is going to break records this year for attendance.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 02:11 AM   #828
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can some people just be a lil more sweet please?
Everyone else? Love ya
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 08:10 AM   #829
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

The roads around the airport are an embarrassment right now, and during Calgary's peak travel time. I dropped my wife off this morning and the amount of construction and confusing signage I imagine any tourist that has to drive to or from the airport must just hate it.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2022, 08:27 AM   #830
Misterpants
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm not sure if it is shrinkflation or this cereal has always been like this but the box of Kashi Blueberry Bliss™ barely stands up it's so skinny. I seem to remember it being a normal sized "small box" of cereal. Now a loud burp will blow it over when it's sitting on the table.

Last edited by Misterpants; 07-11-2022 at 08:27 AM. Reason: spelling
Misterpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 08:39 AM   #831
The Fisher Account
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Tapatalk overlays on this site when browsing by mobile
The Fisher Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 08:44 AM   #832
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisher Account View Post
Tapatalk overlays on this site when browsing by mobile
Tapatalk in general rgmg

What POS phone are people using that the normal browser doesn't work?
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2022, 08:51 AM   #833
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Tapatalk in general rgmg

What POS phone are people using that the normal browser doesn't work?
When I see "Sent from my *insert phone* using Tapatalk" I know that poster is a struggler.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2022, 08:55 AM   #834
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
When I see "Sent from my *insert phone* using Tapatalk" I know that poster is a struggler.
It's a struggler double whammy

Need a bland-looking app just to browse the site

Can't even find the settings menu to turn off signature
Old 07-11-2022, 08:58 AM   #835
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post

still better than the ones at Shopper's that speak to you and everyone else using self-checkout, using the most grating voice too.
edslunch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 08:58 AM   #836
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Similar to the tapatalk thing but worse because it’s on purpose, but posters who sign their posts/end them the same way every time always seem max struggle.

This ain’t email. You’re not sending a letter via carrier pigeon gramps. There’s both your username attached to every post and a signature you can set to automatically show up. What are you people doing?? lol
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 09:00 AM   #837
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Similar to the tapatalk thing but worse because it’s on purpose, but posters who sign their posts/end them the same way every time always seem max struggle.

This ain’t email. You’re not sending a letter via carrier pigeon gramps. There’s both your username attached to every post and a signature you can set to automatically show up. What are you people doing?? lol
Paging LChoy.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 09:02 AM   #838
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

At least we've cut down on the people who post their reply above the quote, like they've never used a forum before, and then go 'but that's how email works'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2022, 09:12 AM   #839
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
The roads around the airport are an embarrassment right now, and during Calgary's peak travel time. I dropped my wife off this morning and the amount of construction and confusing signage I imagine any tourist that has to drive to or from the airport must just hate it.
I say the same thing every time I drive through there. This is the first impression we give visitors and it is an embarrassment. It never seems to be progressing and the lane markings and signage are terrible. If you were to fly in on a rainy night and leave the airport with a rental car you would have no idea where you were going as the lane markings are basically non-existent. I fly in and out on weekdays, weekends, day, night - I never see much if anything going on to finish the project. It just baffles me.
InglewoodFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 09:23 AM   #840
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

The lanes will be done literally any week now, they just need things to settle before they tie a bow on it and call it done. Traffic was only switched last month, it's not like it's sat this way for years
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post: