Nope I haven't had any problems
FlamesKickAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 12:43 PM   #22
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayBullet View Post
If any of ya'll start a PS3 league, I'm in. If any of you are on PS3 NHL 08 - let me know!!
I am. Same name.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:26 PM   #23
Jayems
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foofighter15 View Post
well thanks. I cut out from the corner every once and awhile, not always a goal for me, but I didn't realize its one of those. I hate those
Im under the opinion that if you can go unobstructed to the net (or hash-marks) then you should score, whether it's considered cheese or not.

Play someone in the top 50, and you'll see slap-passes galore, and the heavy wrister (you can see they have a wind-up for the wrister. They pull and curl the puck back, and when they release, the puck goes the same speed as a slapper, and the goalies rarely stop them when they're done correctly and in the right place).

I prefer to play non-cheese any day, but most games, you have to just to keep from being blown out.

I've learnt the hard way that most people may play a legit game for 99%, then they'll score 3 super-cheese goals in the last minute to win the game. It drives me bonkers.
Jayems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:29 PM   #24
Jayems
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFireInside View Post
Hah.. I guess I'm a cheezer at times. I don't really do the hash marks glove side thing so much, but I cut out in front of the net once in a while.. I don't score most of my goals that way though. I think I probably score most of my goals on dekes..
I thought you played a legit game when we went at it last night.. I saw a slap pass or two in there, but let it slide I only think they're cheese when its tried EVERY time you get in the zone. And trust me, you can score every time with a slap pass.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:49 PM   #25
foofighter15
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayems View Post
I thought you played a legit game when we went at it last night.. I saw a slap pass or two in there, but let it slide I only think they're cheese when its tried EVERY time you get in the zone. And trust me, you can score every time with a slap pass.
I actually don't have it yet (give it 11 days and I will) but I've played it a bunch. How do you do a slap pass?
foofighter15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:04 PM   #26
Jayems
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foofighter15 View Post
I actually don't have it yet (give it 11 days and I will) but I've played it a bunch. How do you do a slap pass?
Sorry, that was directed to afireinside.

To slap pass, you wind up like you are going to take a slapper, push forward, but hit pass at the same time... when the puck is between the passer and the intended recipient, you have to keep hitting up on the d-stick as if to shoot.

But you can do it all in one really quick motion when you don't even wind up the stick.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:12 PM   #27
AFireInside
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Haha, I enjoy using the slap pass as well, but I don't score very often with it, maybe once every couple games, but I think it looks pretty nice when you do it right. Though I would probably hardly ever use it if the forwards in front of the net would tip more often, or if the center would come out from behind the net a little quicker!!

I mainly try the slap pass when I'm on the pp though. Also now that I know how to pass it quickly and with good distance using the goalie my whole game has changed!!
AFireInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:15 PM   #28
foofighter15
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Sorry, that was directed to afireinside.

To slap pass, you wind up like you are going to take a slapper, push forward, but hit pass at the same time... when the puck is between the passer and the intended recipient, you have to keep hitting up on the d-stick as if to shoot.

But you can do it all in one really quick motion when you don't even wind up the stick.
I know it was don't worry.

But I think you're gonna have to show me when I get it.
foofighter15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:17 PM   #29
AFireInside
First Line Centre

Exp:

In addition to my above post. The term "slap pass" drives me nuts....
Old 12-14-2007, 02:24 PM   #30
Jayems
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFireInside View Post
Haha, I enjoy using the slap pass as well, but I don't score very often with it, maybe once every couple games, but I think it looks pretty nice when you do it right. Though I would probably hardly ever use it if the forwards in front of the net would tip more often, or if the center would come out from behind the net a little quicker!!

I mainly try the slap pass when I'm on the pp though. Also now that I know how to pass it quickly and with good distance using the goalie my whole game has changed!!

Another good trick is using the same technique with your D men. If you're on the pk, or want to rip it around the boards quickly, press:

Shoot and LB at the same time. This will do a slap-pass, but without the accuracy. If you tried to pass to someone who wasn't on the boards, this would never hit your intended guy... but its good to use for dumping the puck down during a pk, or making quick passes along the boards.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:42 PM   #31
AFireInside
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Another good trick is using the same technique with your D men. If you're on the pk, or want to rip it around the boards quickly, press:

Shoot and LB at the same time. This will do a slap-pass, but without the accuracy. If you tried to pass to someone who wasn't on the boards, this would never hit your intended guy... but its good to use for dumping the puck down during a pk, or making quick passes along the boards.
Nice I'll have to give that a try. Seriously though the normal passing with goalies is just awful.

There is a glitch in the game somewhere though. I played a guy once, I shut him down at the beginning and scored two quick goals. this was about 3 or 4 minutes in. The guy then went on to score 6 goals on 7 shots, and every single goal was scored the exact same way. I wish I could describe it accurately. But he seriously scored 6 goals in about 2 minutes. I quit because it was clear he was cheating. The only time I've actually quit a game intentionally...
Old 12-14-2007, 03:16 PM   #32
Bean
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I don't have much luck with the slap passes either however my method of defending those who use it leads to me knocking the puck into my own net.

Not to sideline the thread too much but does anybody who is on XBOX Live (360 version) have the same problem I do in that it takes about 10 minutes to download the online rosters each time you log on?

I generally spend a large amount of my time downloading and re-downloading some file that I presume does not change daily. <The download tends to stop if you're doing the quick match and the other person is not patient enough to wait for the file to finish>
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:25 PM   #33
Jayems
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean View Post
I don't have much luck with the slap passes either however my method of defending those who use it leads to me knocking the puck into my own net.

Not to sideline the thread too much but does anybody who is on XBOX Live (360 version) have the same problem I do in that it takes about 10 minutes to download the online rosters each time you log on?

I generally spend a large amount of my time downloading and re-downloading some file that I presume does not change daily. <The download tends to stop if you're doing the quick match and the other person is not patient enough to wait for the file to finish>
you should go into your xbox and delete the roster files you have in there now. Well, at least just the online one.
I had this prob. too, and deleting the old one and then re-downloading the other one and saving it worked fine ever since.