Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2015, 08:59 PM   #41
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:54 PM   #42
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Whats scary is Bennett and Mony are just going to keep getting better. With Gaudreau to feed either of those two. Oh Baby. Just need to sure up the right side of the Gaudreau line (whichever line he plays on is the 1st line).
Samonadreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 10:04 PM   #43
hockey.modern
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samonadreau View Post
Whats scary is Bennett and Mony are just going to keep getting better. With Gaudreau to feed either of those two. Oh Baby. Just need to sure up the right side of the Gaudreau line (whichever line he plays on is the 1st line).
You know what's also scary? Johnny is just getting started as well, and still has room to get better from what he already is. I wonder if he'll have a 100 point season one day.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:29 PM   #44
bob-loblaw
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
I can't find it but from the overhead angle when Johnny Hockey banks it off the net it just dies there, and I didn't think he was expecting it to. It makes the move even more outstanding.
bob-loblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 01:43 AM   #45
T@T
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Just imagine how good Gretzky would have been if he could that stuff behind the net.
T@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 01:59 AM   #46
Dajazz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Incredible skill, he will create havoc for opposing players for years to come, so dynamic. Really looking forward to him playing with Bennett, they seem to play that up tempo intensive style and feed of each other. No slight against Monahan, but he's a different kind of player and will anchor a line with a different look.

I also just realised who Bennett reminds me of - Peter Forsberg - perhaps he's more of a shooter, but the skill, the tenacity and the will to win is eerily similar. Doubtful he'll be as good, I hold Forsberg as one of the most talented to ever play the game, a shame his career was hindered by his injuries. Ok, off topic like a boss there.
Dajazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 05:33 AM   #47
Chingas
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
Ridiculous that I would feel some disappointment if Gaudreau were to fall well back of playing at a point/game pace through the remaining 70 games? I don't see how, especially since he has been playing at that level for the entire year.
I just think that a 70 point season for a sophomore should not be considered a disappointment.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:03 AM   #48
crapshoot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
It's so perfect how Borowiecki finally just gives up and skates off in the other direction.
crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to crapshoot For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2015, 08:23 AM   #49
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingas View Post
I just think that a 70 point season for a sophomore should not be considered a disappointment.
I completely agree, but with how Gaudreau has started, I can't help but feel like I will be a little disappointed if he settles back from how well he has been playing. And it is not just a hot start: he has been playing at a near a point/game pace since January or February.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:48 AM   #50
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
I completely agree, but with how Gaudreau has started, I can't help but feel like I will be a little disappointed if he settles back from how well he has been playing. And it is not just a hot start: he has been playing at a near a point/game pace since January or February.
Hopefully he beats McDavid's point total and we can troll Oilers saying Gaudreau > McDavid and watch them self destruct.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:57 AM   #51
saXon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Hopefully he beats McDavid's point total and we can troll Oilers saying Gaudreau > McDavid and watch them self destruct.
As fun as that is, both have an entirely different skill set. And somehow, both with their differences manage to make everyone around them much better.

I enjoy watching both players as a fan of hockey. As a Flames fan, it's even better to see McDavid's plays die on his team mates' sticks.

saXon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 01:12 PM   #52
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

If this Gaudreau-Bennett experiment continues I think it would be beyond impressive if Gaudreau ended up hitting 70 points this season to be honest. Bennett is going to be a fantastic hockey player and in my opinion will be our #1C as soon as next training camp potentially, however he's still learning the game. Also whoever we throw on right wing will not be able to produce offensively like Hudler did last season.

I think breaking up that top line is best for the club to generate more than one line of offence but in terms of Gaudreau's final #s this season it might not be.

If they continue to roll with Gaudreau-Bennett I full on expect 50+ points out of Bennett this season.
jg13 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jg13 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2015, 01:15 PM   #53
Benched
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg13 View Post
If this Gaudreau-Bennett experiment continues I think it would be beyond impressive if Gaudreau ended up hitting 70 points this season to be honest. Bennett is going to be a fantastic hockey player and in my opinion will be our #1C as soon as next training camp potentially, however he's still learning the game. Also whoever we throw on right wing will not be able to produce offensively like Hudler did last season.

I think breaking up that top line is best for the club to generate more than one line of offence but in terms of Gaudreau's final #s this season it might not be.

If they continue to roll with Gaudreau-Bennett I full on expect 50+ points out of Bennett this season.
which MAY be a good thing with Gaudreaus' contract talks under way?
Benched is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benched For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2015, 01:19 PM   #54
Leeman4Gilmour
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crapshoot View Post
It's so perfect how Borowiecki finally just gives up and skates off in the other direction.
He was trying to escape the camera angle as quickly as possible
Leeman4Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 01:19 PM   #55
jg13
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benched View Post
which MAY be a good thing with Gaudreaus' contract talks under way?
Absolutely, but even better for Monahan's contract talks. As a lot of members on this site have pointed out they think a lot of his #s were inflated by playing with Gaudreau & Hudler last season (I personally think more of it was Gaudreau than Hudler). But you might see something more like 25+25 from Monahan this season if he continues to play with Big Joe & Huds, in my opinion.
jg13 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jg13 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2015, 01:41 PM   #56
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

Biggest thing I would love to see in Johnny's game is a willingness to shoot when he is in prime scoring areas -- I understand why he passes in those situations because the cross-seam pass, if accurate, is almost surely a goal every time, especially if your stretching the goalie from side to side. But Johnny has shown he can be a lethal sniper many times over the last 100 games or so including playoffs, I hope he learns to be a bit more selfish sometimes as he is far too humble with the puck when he possesses a deceptive shot like he has.

I mean look at his 1 goal on the year so far - that was an absolute snipe and it was for the game winner, if he could choose to unleash that shot in those prime scoring positions I think he could be a legit 30 goal guy in this league while still racking up 40-50 apples along the way.
Heavy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:06 PM   #57
stemit14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Watched the Chicago-LA game last night... I know it's been said a lot about gaudreau by many of us but it's even more evident now how much gaudreau is like Kane. The way they accelerate with the puck... The passes and plays they make seemingly out of nothing... It's very exciting.

Johnny seems to be getting more and more confident so we'll see even more amazing things from him I think. But I honestly believe he is very, very close to Patrick Kane as being the most dynamic winger in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stemit14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:15 PM   #58
ScorchyScorch
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Johnny does need more goals. It's as if he's set on breaking an assist record or something.

He's got the ability to finish and needs to exercise it. Unfortunately we don't have enough pure playmakers to do for him what he does for others. Funny enough the one guy who can consistently set up Gaudreau for goals is Wideman.
ScorchyScorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 02:21 PM   #59
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think playing with Bennett will help him a lot. The way Bennett drives straight to the net on every single play can only influence Gaudreau in a positive way.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2015, 02:33 PM   #60
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchyScorch View Post
Johnny does need more goals. It's as if he's set on breaking an assist record or something.

He's got the ability to finish and needs to exercise it. Unfortunately we don't have enough pure playmakers to do for him what he does for others. Funny enough the one guy who can consistently set up Gaudreau for goals is Wideman.
Gaudreau-Bennett-Wideman

Only kidding (half kidding)
Samonadreau is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome , hockey , johnny , magic