Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-18-2017, 12:13 AM   #501
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

If it wasn't so depressing losing, I would be laughing at how comical the incredible amount of bad luck is. Yeah, there are lots of things that I think could have been adjusted well, but FFS, that's a full season's worth of bad luck in just 3 games!

Ducks had absolutely no answer for the Flames until... they did. Flames played a very, very good game imposing their will on the Ducks, and then got rattled.

I would have liked to have seen Elliott pulled after the 3rd goal, or at least call a time-out and settle the team down. Yeah, sucks that you might lose a coach's challenge and regret it, but not doing either one of those things just allowed Anaheim to build their momentum, while having your rattled team be sent back on the ice.

Silver lining is that at least we can see the Flames being able to play a very dominating, fast-paced game. Monahan is the man. Lots of great players stepped up. Need to make sure Versteeg is re-signed. Flames will not be making the mistake of re-signing Elliott to a long-term contract (don't think he gets re-signed at all actually).

It isn't over... but it sure feels as if it is. Few teams come back down 3-0, and to have to win at least 2 games in an arena they have been unable to win at for over a decade is asking for a miracle at this point.

Who the heck pissed off the hockey gods so terribly? Seriously, I am a believer that you make your own luck, but damn this team has been experiencing some serious bad luck.

This team is too easily rattled. It just feels so different than 2 seasons ago when this team seemed so much more confident. Now they are easily rattled. A way better team, playing a more efficient system, but that swagger is not there. Face a bit of adversity, and they just become so rattled.

Well, I will be hoping for a miracle. I will just be happy to see the Flames show up and play hard though. Just win one game please. I feel like I am begging a girl who just broke up with me for one more night of pleasure before bidding farewell... Just one more night this season Flames, let me go to sleep with a smile on my face.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 12:13 AM   #502
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Lol I don't think it's a white supremacist word. It's short for ####old. Like calling someone a beta male but more harsh.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:13 AM   #503
Cleveland Steam Whistle
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeneas View Post
Another horrible playoff moment for the Flames. 1980 till now it is just misery interrupted by very rare moments of greatness.

I just cannot stand another game like this. All those deflections bounces high sticks whatever.

It's been painful being a Flames fan. Some truly awful playoff moments.

I will watch the next one. Can't look away. But will expect to lose in some new and perverse way.
That sounds like being a fan of every team minus a few rare exceptions.
Cleveland Steam Whistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:13 AM   #504
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank MetaMusil View Post
Don Maloney in at GM next season?
In what way is any of this Treliving's fault?

He went out and traded for a two-time All-Star to put in net. It's up to Elliott to perform at that point and he let everyone down.

He acquired guys like Stone, Versteeg, and Frolik, all of whom have been terrific. His very few blunders will likely be rectified by the expansion draft.

And if your post was a knee-jerk reaction for tonight's loss, then you need to calm down. Tonight's loss was in no way Treliving's fault. The blame falls squarely on the shoulders of the man in net... he was embarrassingly bad tonight.

TheScorpion is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 12:13 AM   #505
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
I don't think Johnny is the type of player you can win with to soft..
He has been much, much better than the big rough and tough Corey Perry. Actually, the only time I have noticed him all series is when he tried to pick a fight with players sitting on the bench.

Honestly, Gaudreau played fine. He was gripping the stick too tight. He went high or grazed the post on three or four shots in the slot today. He pots one, and the entire forum would have been raving about his play.
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:13 AM   #506
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
He's a fantastic piece to have but he can't be the guy for sure. Can't build around a winger
This to a tee. Problem is we dont have the assets to acquire a player like that without trading a player of Johnny's calibre.

Thread worthy discussion.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:14 AM   #507
Freeway
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was 4-1.

"Does a great job covering the Flames" - Elliotte Friedman
Freeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:14 AM   #508
IntenseFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
A #### is a white supremacist word.
Swimg and a goddamn miss, word-thinker. I suggest you be very careful who you start insinuating is a Nazi.
IntenseFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:14 AM   #509
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Struch View Post
The only way this could be worse is if we were getting swept by the Oilers.
As someone who hates the oilers more than anything I would find losing to the oilers more painful... Even in 7.

I truly thank you for this reminder that things could be worse
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:14 AM   #510
Freeway
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
In what way is any of this Treliving's fault?

He went out and traded for a two-time All-Star to put in net. It's up to Elliott to perform at that point and he let everyone down.

He acquired guys like Stone, Versteeg, and Frolik, all of whom have been terrific. His very few blunders will likely be rectified by the expansion draft.

And if your post was a knee-jerk reaction for tonight's loss, then you need to calm down. Tonight's loss was in no way Treliving's fault. The blame falls squarely on the shoulders of the man in net... he was embarrassingly bad tonight.
All-Star Game appearances don't really mean anything, to be honest.

"Does a great job covering the Flames" - Elliotte Friedman
Freeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:15 AM   #511
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
If it wasn't so depressing losing, I would be laughing at how comical the incredible amount of bad luck is. Yeah, there are lots of things that I think could have been adjusted well, but FFS, that's a full season's worth of bad luck in just 3 games!

Ducks had absolutely no answer for the Flames until... they did. Flames played a very, very good game imposing their will on the Ducks, and then got rattled.

I would have liked to have seen Elliott pulled after the 3rd goal, or at least call a time-out and settle the team down. Yeah, sucks that you might lose a coach's challenge and regret it, but not doing either one of those things just allowed Anaheim to build their momentum, while having your rattled team be sent back on the ice.

Silver lining is that at least we can see the Flames being able to play a very dominating, fast-paced game. Monahan is the man. Lots of great players stepped up. Need to make sure Versteeg is re-signed. Flames will not be making the mistake of re-signing Elliott to a long-term contract (don't think he gets re-signed at all actually).

It isn't over... but it sure feels as if it is. Few teams come back down 3-0, and to have to win at least 2 games in an arena they have been unable to win at for over a decade is asking for a miracle at this point.

Who the heck pissed off the hockey gods so terribly? Seriously, I am a believer that you make your own luck, but damn this team has been experiencing some serious bad luck.

This team is too easily rattled. It just feels so different than 2 seasons ago when this team seemed so much more confident. Now they are easily rattled. A way better team, playing a more efficient system, but that swagger is not there. Face a bit of adversity, and they just become so rattled.

Well, I will be hoping for a miracle. I will just be happy to see the Flames show up and play hard though. Just win one game please. I feel like I am begging a girl who just broke up with me for one more night of pleasure before bidding farewell... Just one more night this season Flames, let me go to sleep with a smile on my face.
I gotta say this is a good take on it.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to polak For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 12:15 AM   #512
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
Why are you calling everyone out?!
Validating the username
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Love For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 12:15 AM   #513
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

need a top line RWer and a goal tender
Old 04-18-2017, 12:15 AM   #514
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeburger View Post
I pay over 2 grand every year in tickets. I think I can find a more fulfilling use of money than watching my favourite team get jobbed by video reviews night in and night out. Seriously this is garbage.
Ugh, feel bad for you. Actually.

Already sucks for fans at home. But sucks far more for the people that put hard earned money into a year's worth of games just to see the team get screwed out of a series prematurely like that.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:16 AM   #515
Matty81
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love View Post
Validating the username
Don't you dare speak for him you "word-thinker"
Matty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matty81 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 12:16 AM   #516
IamNotKenKing
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
Hahahahaha wow.

The ducks had ZERO powerplays but its the refs fault still.

Our core is softer than puffs plus with lotion.
As I said in the GT, seriously, #### off.
IamNotKenKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:16 AM   #517
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
Isn't every 3rd period goal and OT goal reviewed anyway?

So really not much need to save that timeout.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:16 AM   #518
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
Should have been a Gaudreau penalty shot in the first too.
That's been a theme all year. I don't get it.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:16 AM   #519
home_sweet_dome
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Out-coached and of course out goaltended.

Brian Elliott don't let the door hit you on the way out and please take your even more useless buddy Brouwer with you. Blues were smart to let both these losers leave.

Also like I said months ago I would totally explore a gaudreau trade in the off-season. If a team like Philly or the Isles wants to overpay let them have him.
home_sweet_dome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:17 AM   #520
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Gaudreau can be a lot better but saying he's a "non factor" is typical Polak attention seeking nonsense.
GoJetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoJetsGo For This Useful Post: