Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-27-2017, 05:55 PM   #21
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

BUMP
I need to change the website around a little bit.

I originally used a theme I purchased when first getting into web design. I didn't realize free updates were only good for 1 year.

It's 2 months expired, up for a renewal that I don't want to pay. My biz partner and I have been using another theme anyway for all of our customers, so it'll be way easier for me to build and maintain. The current theme sucks anyway, so the move makes a ton of sense.

Before I do so, is there anything on the existing website that you don't like, and or something you'd like to see in the revamped version?

And I'm talking aesthetically. I just put the shell on it. All functionality of the roster pages and items that were there before I added the shell will still stay the same. So, any changes any of you want for the layout?

It's not an overnight thing. Especially since work is kicking my arse with hours and being away from home for week+ stretches. But...I figured I'd ask first before starting on the dev site, so input and ideas are welcome.

When we migrate over to the new site (weeks away), it might make the site go down for a day or so, but there really shouldn't be any big issues.
The site will probably also be down for a few hours tonight and/or tomorrow.
Just a heads up.
Any input is welcome before the overhaul.
JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JonDuke For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2017, 06:54 PM   #22
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

It's not a layout issue but is there anything that can be done to make searching through UFAs easier?
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 07:55 PM   #23
Swayze11
something else haha

Exp:

A few minor things that I have noticed:

- It would be nice to have Standings on its own header link instead of buried under "Stats".
- A link to this: https://cphl.calgarypuck.com/pages/s...TeamRoster.php
- iFrames aren't very good for mobile - Does the new theme use an iFrame?

That is all I can think of for now, I will see if I can find anything else.

Swayze11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Swayze11 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2018, 04:35 PM   #24
Hanni
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anyone else see anything weird today with the site? Yesterday I took 2 guys off IR and they were put back on my roster, now today they are back on IR but I didn't do it.

I was also working on a deal with Cheese and suddenly he was 10 mil over the cap, like all the cap received through trades was gone, 15 minutes later it went back.
Hanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 05:15 PM   #25
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hmm i might have moved them back on by mistake. Re-submit so I can move them back.
Sometimes the cap does some weird things immediately after trades. Usually sorts it self out if you just check the next morning.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2018, 06:01 PM   #26
Moshpit
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Are we still running STHSClient- V3?

I loaded it up but says I'm not running the latest version.

Anyone have a link to the newest one?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Moshpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 06:51 PM   #27
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshpit View Post
Are we still running STHSClient- V3?

I loaded it up but says I'm not running the latest version.

Anyone have a link to the newest one?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
http://sths.simont.info/DownloadFile...ient-3-1-2.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to Hanna Sniper For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2018, 02:07 PM   #28
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bump...nm for now. I clearly used the wrong link. Will update on Sunday.

Hey guys,

The newest version of the website is fairly close to completion. I really apologize for this taking so incredibly long, but work has been, thankfully, keeping me super busy.

I need a few of you to test run this fella please. It's on a local dev site, so the link might look suspicious, but she's legit.
http://17ae5d0e.ngrok.io/

A few notes:
This is NOT the final version yet. Other than the test runs, please continue to use cphlsim.com until this one is finished and migrated to the domain.

There's a few things not here yet, a few links might not work, and there's still some kinks (the sticky row at the top with the teams) that need to be ironed out. I'm just trying to get a feel for layout and flow for now.

If you see anything that needs to be fixed, changed, added or deleted, please lemme know. I'm heading out of town for the weekend but would love to return to some feedback/suggestions and possibly finish this thing off next week.

Last edited by JonDuke; 02-02-2018 at 03:49 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JonDuke For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2018, 02:11 PM   #29
flambers
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDuke View Post
Bump

Hey guys,

The newest version of the website is fairly close to completion. I really apologize for this taking so incredibly long, but work has been, thankfully, keeping me super busy.

I need a few of you to test run this fella please. It's on a local dev site, so the link might look suspicious, but she's legit.

A few notes:
This is NOT the final version yet. Other than the test runs, please continue to use cphlsim.com until this one is finished and migrated to the domain.

There's a few things not here yet, a few links might not work, and there's still some kinks (the sticky row at the top with the teams) that need to be ironed out. I'm just trying to get a feel for layout and flow for now.

If you see anything that needs to be fixed, changed, added or deleted, please lemme know. I'm heading out of town for the weekend but would love to return to some feedback/suggestions and possibly finish this thing off next week.
Thank you for all of your help!!!
flambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 02:14 PM   #30
TurdFerguson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonDuke View Post
Bump

Hey guys,

A few notes:

I like that we have a secret tunnel to the new site, however I cannot seem to find it.

"Tunnel 17ae5d0e.ngrok.io not found"
Old 02-02-2018, 03:50 PM   #31
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdFerguson View Post
I like that we have a secret tunnel to the new site, however I cannot seem to find it.

"Tunnel 17ae5d0e.ngrok.io not found"
Fata... My bad. Won't link. I didn't bring my computer and will update it on Sunday night.
Old 02-04-2018, 01:46 PM   #32
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Alright...try this link. She should work:

http://45632909.ngrok.io
It's only active while my computer is running. So, it'll be working all night, off tomorrow, then back on tomorrow night. If you get an error, just try again later. I'm not making the site go live until it's all fixed and totally ready.

From above:
Quote:
A few notes:

If you see anything that needs to be fixed, changed, added or deleted, please lemme know
Old 02-04-2018, 02:05 PM   #33
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Site works, will look for additions when I have more time
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 02:26 PM   #34
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

On computer it's working fine, on mobile it would only show half the page
Old 02-05-2018, 05:35 PM   #35
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savardandjokinen View Post
On computer it's working fine, on mobile it would only show half the page
I'm not sure there's anything I can do about that.
The website I made is fully responsive. However...the files that we use (ex: http://cphl.calgarypuck.com/pages/si...CPHL1-705.html) don't scale to other screen sizes. I use iFrame to put them on the site, but no matter how they're displayed, it's still a non scale-able source.

Grant: Is there any way to use the files in this fashion instead of how we currently do?: http://cphl.calgarypuck.com/pages/index.php

I don't know how the backend stuff works for you right now, but I've seen a few other sites who use that system and, while not perfect, the stats pages are much more responsive to other screen sizes.

I'm going to do some more research on the STHS main site and see what else I can find.

In the meantime, the draft website is still viewable and ready for critiquing here: http://45632909.ngrok.io/
Old 02-14-2018, 10:39 PM   #36
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bump....again

The newest version is live. Same website: www.cphlsim.com

Sorry for the delay on this. I'm somewhat decent at making a website "pretty" and improving flow and functionality, but a lot of the back end stuff and migration from old to new is not my strength. My business partner is the pro at this but he's a busy fella. He helped me out with the switch though and she's now good to go.

The original cphl.calgarypuck pages that are embedded into this site using iFrame are not "responsive", or scale-able. Those particular pages don't look or work as good on mobile, but it's as good as it'll get, I think. All the other pages should be fine though. If you see anything off, lemme know.

Thanks to all who helped with feedback during the build. I had a few messages with suggestions that were of great help.

When you have a minute, double check your contact info on the "GM List" page too please to make sure that is all correct. It's kinda redundant having that page and the "Teams" page as well, so I'll probably just delete the Teams one, unless anyone objects. There's a very good chance that I'm missing something. So, please take her for a spin and lemme know if you see anything that needs to be changed.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JonDuke For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2018, 11:03 PM   #37
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

On the GM list my email has a e at the end which shouldn’t be there
Also my roster page has me from Lacombe, even though I have no idea where that is
The Following User Says Thank You to savardandjokinen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2018, 11:44 PM   #38
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Yeah my roster page has me as from Tampere, Finland even though the only person I know of who's from there is Jyrki Jokipakka.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 06:45 AM   #39
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savardandjokinen View Post
On the GM list my email has a e at the end which shouldn’t be there
Also my roster page has me from Lacombe, even though I have no idea where that is
Thanks. The e is now gone.
I don't have access to change the personal info on the roster pages, but hopefully that's something the commish team can get to.
I also just realized that all the team images in the "gm list" page link to either ana/buf/cal/car instead of the proper teams, so I'll fix that tonight as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to JonDuke For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2018, 07:31 AM   #40
Goffie
Franchise Player

Exp:

My only question is how do we access the message board from the new page

Goffie is offline   Reply With Quote