Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-19-2021, 04:14 PM   #2141
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Nine Perfect Strangers was weird but I kinda liked it. Cast was strong, liked Michael Shannon, Melissa McCarthy and Bobby Cannavale.

Except it made me want to take mushrooms and go camping.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 05:58 PM   #2142
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Season premiere of Succession did not disappoint. I do miss discovering a series after it has all been released. Now I feel like I am waiting on American Rust and Succession every week.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 06:05 PM   #2143
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Started American Rust last night. Pretty good. Mare of Easttown with a different cast.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 06:10 PM   #2144
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Season premiere of Succession did not disappoint. I do miss discovering a series after it has all been released. Now I feel like I am waiting on American Rust and Succession every week.
How long does Succession take to get good? Wife and I watched the first 3 episodes of season 1 and it never clicked. The characters are all terrible, which meant I couldn't get involved at all with the drama since I didn't care about any of them. Especially the idiot step-nephew or whatever he was, total cringe factor whenever he spoke words
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2021, 06:14 PM   #2145
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

The characters are all terrible. Part of fun is the hubris.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 06:45 PM   #2146
scotty2hotty
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I’ve watched the first episode and a half of See on Apple TV+.

It’s a cool concept. Fight scenes are interesting. Beyond that, it’s pretty bad. I still haven’t made it all the way through the second episode after two attempts.

Does it get better?
Old 10-19-2021, 08:03 PM   #2147
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
How long does Succession take to get good? Wife and I watched the first 3 episodes of season 1 and it never clicked. The characters are all terrible, which meant I couldn't get involved at all with the drama since I didn't care about any of them. Especially the idiot step-nephew or whatever he was, total cringe factor whenever he spoke words
You just might not like it. I was hooked instantly, and loved the characters being unlikeable and irredeemable. People that are into that show have their favorites among the kids and it's fun debating why.

It's very popular but that doesn't mean it's for everyone. I don't remember much changing after three episodes.

I'm pro Shiv personally.
Old 10-19-2021, 08:27 PM   #2148
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Just so you know you aren't alone, I also can't get past the first few episodes. It's like Curb Your Enthusiasm met Handmaid's Tale. Just so...####ing....dark. I like dark, but it's too dark for me when people are fully irredeemable. I want to enjoy it, but I can't.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 03:48 AM   #2149
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

I gave up on Midnight Mass. I know it's only 7 episodes long, but it just drags on, outside of a couple minutes here and there. Maybe I'll finish it one day when I have nothing else to do. I guess it's not my style.

So the wife and I decided to start Breaking Bad instead . My 4th time and her 1st. I envy her going into it her 1st round completely new to it. Even though its my 4th round, I still feel the same anticipation and enjoyment each minute of each episode and think about it all day now. Such a great series.
Huntingwhale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 07:09 AM   #2150
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
You just might not like it. I was hooked instantly, and loved the characters being unlikeable and irredeemable. People that are into that show have their favorites among the kids and it's fun debating why.

It's very popular but that doesn't mean it's for everyone. I don't remember much changing after three episodes.

I'm pro Shiv personally.
I enjoyed it from the beginning, but didn't get really hooked until mid-late first season. I find myself cycling through rooting for certain characters for a while, and then have the show remind me they are truly awful people.

I'm team Roman for the moment I think!
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 09:19 AM   #2151
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
I gave up on Midnight Mass. I know it's only 7 episodes long, but it just drags on, outside of a couple minutes here and there. Maybe I'll finish it one day when I have nothing else to do. I guess it's not my style.

So the wife and I decided to start Breaking Bad instead . My 4th time and her 1st. I envy her going into it her 1st round completely new to it. Even though its my 4th round, I still feel the same anticipation and enjoyment each minute of each episode and think about it all day now. Such a great series.
Hmmm I was going to give MM a try. Is it really that bad?
Old 10-20-2021, 10:54 AM   #2152
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

Quote:

I'm pro Shiv personally.
That show just makes me hate rich people even more. I couldn't get into it either.
Old 10-20-2021, 11:07 AM   #2153
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Hmmm I was going to give MM a try. Is it really that bad?
It's not that it sucks, but I found it really slow paced and not a lot happening from the episodes I saw. My days of powering through boring series' just to finish them are done with, with so much content accessible these days.

Other people like it, so don't take my opinion as entirely truthful; plenty of good reviews about it from others. I'll go back to it one day and finish it off, I'm sure.
Huntingwhale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 11:14 AM   #2154
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Perry Mason on crave/HBO is pretty good so far. I’ve been on a great run of quality tv shows.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 11:23 AM   #2155
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Has anyone watched Baskets on FX?

We are around 8? episodes in and it is well odd, enjoyable but odd.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 12:01 PM   #2156
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Has anyone watched Baskets on FX?

We are around 8? episodes in and it is well odd, enjoyable but odd.
Yeah, it's a weird one. Louie Anderson as the mother was the best part. Galifianakis as Chip & Dale (I can't believe how long it took me to clue in on that) was his typical weirdness.

I'm not sure if it would be better or worse to binge it. I'd think it could start to be a little much to watch too many in a row.
Old 10-20-2021, 12:12 PM   #2157
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
It's not that it sucks, but I found it really slow paced and not a lot happening from the episodes I saw. My days of powering through boring series' just to finish them are done with, with so much content accessible these days.

Other people like it, so don't take my opinion as entirely truthful; plenty of good reviews about it from others. I'll go back to it one day and finish it off, I'm sure.
After reading your post, I read some reviews that said it was long on exposition and speeches. That kind of turns me off. Like you, I feel there is too much great content and I only have so much time to devote to TV.
Old 10-20-2021, 12:31 PM   #2158
Cappy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
I enjoyed it from the beginning, but didn't get really hooked until mid-late first season. I find myself cycling through rooting for certain characters for a while, and then have the show remind me they are truly awful people.

I'm team Roman for the moment I think!
I certainly do not root for any of them as they can all die in a plane crash and the fictional world would be better for it; however, Roman and his chaotic evil tone is a great watch.
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 02:08 PM   #2159
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Thank you - everyone raving about it - couldn't stand it, gave up after the same amount of time.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 10:11 AM   #2160
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Started Peaky Blinders. I like it so far but don't LOVE it.
Worth sticking with? (I'm 3 episodes in)
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote